March Madness Group

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I missed the end of the UNC/Harvard game because I was watching Cincy/Purdue. I was so engrossed in the crazy ish in that game, I didn't notice the UNC/Harvard game was also coming down to the wire.

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
UNC sweating right now.

Like I always say, if a team can make them run "offense" they're doomed. Roy is the worst "big name" coach in the bidness. JMHO

ETA: Tied at 65, under minute left
I agree on Roy. I live in NC and being surrounded by UNC fans, they'll admit he's not a great tactician. Most nights they can just out-talent the other team. He's a good recruiter but UNC recruits itself to some degree.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
They pulled it out. Disagree about Roy though. I think he's a very underrated coach. He probably couldn't coach bad talent but he can coach good talent. Doesn't sound like it makes sense but I really believe some coaches particularly in mid majors thrive with lesser talent and wouldn't be capable of coaching at a big school.

On Roy, I think we're pretty much saying the same thing. If he doesn't have the talent advantage he's pretty much gonna lose.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
You know when you think talent is about equal, but you take a flyer on the slightly better coached team only to find out talent wasn't quite as equal as you thought?

Yeah. That's my NC State pick right now.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Man,

LSU has so much talent and they have the Wade Phillips of CBB coaches, Johnny Jones is just a cheerleader in a suit as far as I can tell.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Been in and out of watching the games. Caught Hunter's dagger to advance GAState...and saw Harvard make it interesting. I don't care what other people say, the NCAA Tournament is still one of the best sporting events and a must watch for true sports fans.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Man,

LSU has so much talent and they have the Wade Phillips of CBB coaches, Johnny Jones is just a cheerleader in a suit as far as I can tell.
Think about what LSU looks like next year if Martin and/or Mickey stays.

They've got Simmons & Blakeney coming in with a shot at Malik Newman. Could land 3 Top 15 kids to add to this.