March Madness Group

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
All I'm saying is Kentucky is the favorite in any hypothetical single game match-up against the field this year, based purely on my opinion of their team and performance. I am not suggesting they can't be beaten.

Agreed.

As an aside, any thoughts on your guy's (Boehiem) press conference? I heard he was in rare form.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
And we’re underway. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Northeastern pull off the first upset. Notre Dame’s pretty much been riding on luck the whole year. Also, Go Panthers!

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Iowa State and Monte Morris. Watch out for that squad. Man we were soooo close to landing him... Im tuned into that game. I've got 2 kids from Flint I worked with in high school during the summer workouts playing.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The Solo Poole as MtnWasp and I discussed at the time would either make or break Gregory's tenure - it broke.
I wanted Monte Morris more than any other kid we had recruited during Gregory's tenure. Should have held out for him. At worse we probably end up with Tim Quarterman.

But Monte is firmly established as one of the best PG's in all of college basketball. This season avg 12 ppg almost 6 apg with a 5:1 A:TO ratio shooting 50% Fg, 40% 3FG and 80%FT.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Kid is a floor general and adept at all things you want out of your pg. Will be in the league IMO. Remains my biggest point guard crush in terms of kids I wanted at GT.

I really wish folks would stop bringing him up. Too painful. :(

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Worst part about this years tournament is all my Spartan friends trying to bet me or talking trash about there first round game against my team.:vomit:

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Well ND manages not to completely choke away a late 12 pt lead. Which includes a front end FT miss and a TO in the last 30 seconds.
ND has lived by their shooting all year - they have to keep staying out. They were outrebounded almost 2-1 and allowed their opponent to shoot 50% -with alot of easy stuff inside (ND shot 56%). 69-65.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Well ND manages not to completely choke away a late 12 pt lead. Which includes a front end FT miss and a TO in the last 30 seconds.
ND has lived by their shooting all year - they have to keep staying out. They were outrebounded almost 2-1 and allowed their opponent to shoot 50% -with alot of easy stuff inside (ND shot 56%). 69-65.
Yea I can’t see how they keep winning they’ve done this all year long. Meathead Rob Lowe played well today though.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I had 2 brackets. Had Iowa State to the Final Four in both. This is why I was going to just sit back and enjoy the games instead of participating in various challenges.

Only caught part of this game, but looks like Niang tried to do WAY too much.