Louisville Post Game

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
HATS OFF to our selfless WRs on the team who blocked their tails off despite not having many balls thrown their way the entire game! I hope that as we continue to establish the mojo on the run that we can find ways to get the ball into the WR hands on some reverses or screen passes to help reward them for playing hard.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Unfortunately was not able to watch yet, was there much actual option Run tonight? Who were the primary OL?

Starters Quinney, Braun, Lee, Hansen, Marshall. Second half saw Ivenmeyer, Clark, Morgan, B Morgan, Bryan and later I saw DeFoor. OLine was dominant even with the 2s. Cooper played C as well but after the first Q.

Lots of excellent QB action with a good dose of BB and occasional AB action. Both QBs looked really good. I liked the way we used Cottrell in needed power situations. Blocking overall was very good, by everybody.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Starters Quinney, Braun, Lee, Hansen, Marshall. Second half saw Ivenmeyer, Clark, Morgan, B Morgan, Bryan and later I saw DeFoor. OLine was dominant even with the 2s. Cooper played C as well but after the first Q.

Lots of excellent QB action with a good dose of BB and occasional AB action. Both QBs looked really good. I liked the way we used Cottrell in needed power situations. Blocking overall was very good, by everybody.
GT looked faster than Louisville in my opinion

JStewart2227

Jolly Good Fellow
Great win but still need to be able to beat a better opponent. Doesn’t cancel out losing to USF and Pitt. Hopefully we’ll take this and be able to carry into the rest of the schedule. IMO still doesn’t change that it’s time for a coaching change

katlong

Jolly Good Fellow
For all the option haters...when it’s done right this is the result. They were in sync tonight. Unstoppable!

D got to the QB a lot but kept overrunning him. Still maddening on the short pass and :30 drill. Like the new kicker.

Still smiling for Juanyeh getting his TD and the comments about Oliver “whoa, they have another one of those guys?”

ESPN tv coverage stunk tonight in my opinion. Very little replays, and announcers fixated on everything other than our game (and not just in 4th qtr)

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Except for some outside AB blocks I saw fewer cuts than normal. There were several plays where our OL and BB players outflanked the D player and made a great cutoff standup block while the ball carrier ran off the tail of the block. Quinney in particular was really screening people out in this fashion. We were also drive blocking the DL 5 yards on those BB plays. I saw Mason get tripped by the last man 3 times as he was very close to breaking big runs. Jarrett got one chance and made the most of it (we will likely see a lot of him next year). I am hoping this really good blocking carries over in the upcoming tougher games.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
For all the option haters...when it’s done right this is the result. They were in sync tonight. Unstoppable!

D got to the QB a lot but kept overrunning him. Still maddening on the short pass and :30 drill. Like the new kicker.

Still smiling for Juanyeh getting his TD and the comments about Oliver “whoa, they have another one of those guys?”

ESPN tv coverage stunk tonight in my opinion. Very little replays, and announcers fixated on everything other than our game (and not just in 4th qtr)
GT App coverage with Demetra & Bedford was the best!

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
HATS OFF to our selfless WRs on the team who blocked their tails off despite not having many balls thrown their way the entire game! I hope that as we continue to establish the mojo on the run that we can find ways to get the ball into the WR hands on some reverses or screen passes to help reward them for playing hard.

Those guys have to get touches.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Great win but still need to be able to beat a better opponent. Doesn’t cancel out losing to USF and Pitt. Hopefully we’ll take this and be able to carry into the rest of the schedule. IMO still doesn’t change that it’s time for a coaching change
USF is 4-0 right now.......................just sayin';)

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Man, what a show by the O. Kicking game very good and while the D had some bust and mental cramps they did set the tone for this game early on! What I saw from D are correctable errors so I'm not nearly as aggravated as I could be. For the first time I saw Taquan in complete control of O, watch out going forward! All in all a very good night!

It is hard to believe that a Van Gorder defense would look so unprepared and undisciplined in tackling, assignments etc. Makes me wonder if the way they lost to FSU carried over but actually this was a complete game for the most part by the Jackets. Offensive line was totally dominant. TaQuon was a magician with the ball and the perimeter blocking was outstanding. Giving up 30 points to such an explosive offense with really great receivers is not as bad as it looks. Kicking was good and we played with fire and determination. I am pleasantly surprised but it is October when the option starts churning as the leaves are turning. Did anyone see any adjustments by Van Gorder at half time? I thought they were playing the outside linebackers wider but may be wrong. Actually, it probably did not matter when you are getting blocked like that the schemes will not matter.