Louisville Post Game

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Camera caught CPJ stealing a quick laugh with DMo. Then he turned back towards the field and the sour game face instantly returned. Lol.

Is it me, or does Tobias have an uncanny knack for slithering past the LOS and into the 2nd level?

Anree was unstoppable all night. That is the Anree I envisioned four years ago sitting in HS bleachers watching him destroy a 5 star OL prospect.

Sucks for Vicious, but defense may have found their LBs, and Charlie Thomas played a good game. CNW put a little more in the playbook this week. Had DBs flying from all over the place.

Speaking of finally finding the right guy: Hello Wesley Wells. GT may have found our FG kicker.

i think Vic woudl be fine inside. He does have some speed and he was always best blitzing from the interior.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
The play calling by Coach and qb was exceptional. It's as if the other team was playing as our scout team. The L guys did sucessfully bring the heat 1 or 2 tjmes, but every other defense was defeated by the call or the check. We had many plays left in play book.
Fun to watch when other team is off balance

Cantcexpect this level of success by i hope this continues at a good level.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
O: awesome tonight. Kudos to the OLine including the backup OLine. I like the two QB attack. QBs, ABs, and BBs got in on the action but we will need more participation by the WRs going forward.

D: maybe the best pass rush overall but on several 3rd and longs we let them complete a first down when not bringing pressure. Lots of missed tackles, especially late when the 2s and 3s were in the game. On one play in the fourth Q we should have been penalized for too many players on the field as it appeared we missed more than 11 tackles. DBs play too soft and still let a couple of receivers get behind us in situations where we should not. Encouraged by play by C Thomas and Campbell and ST Amour came to play. D needs a lot of work but I am encouraged by the trajectory. Solid ST play.
There was plenty of participation by the WRs.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
The best thing from TQ tonight was his checks. He checked us into 2 tds and 3 first downs. He even took the ball out of his own hands and checked to a rocket toss when he read leverage.

Clemson D was moving and shifting constantly before the snap. Louisville did not. That allowed TM to check into other plays.

RiseUpATL

Banned
One thing I want tot note is that it was nice to see the players and coaches have some fun last night. Kids looked fired up and really played with some energy. They need to sustain this feeling and keep building on it. We can go on a run.

Even though the defense wasn’t playing great or even good at times they never hung their heads and kept digging. I’m rewatching the game now and just saw 51 getting pushed back on skates.

Charlie Thomas looks like he is going to be a good one. Woody dialed up some zone blitzes on 3rd down and while we didn’t Home often and they still converted many of those it, I still like dying by trying. Keep the pressure on and eventually the sacks will come.

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't know what can be added to the comments about the offense.

Maybe I am biased because I so want to see improvement on defense, but we at least look closer to good defense than last year. So many times we were within half a second of getting to the quarterback. Sometimes we were there but the QB was too quick for us and slipped away. We kept up a rush in the 35 seconds before half time drive. But too many times we couldn't get there.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
Clemson D was moving and shifting constantly before the snap. Louisville did not. That allowed TM to check into other plays.

I was thinking about that. Is there some reason we don't trigger the snap off of their shift from time to time? If one out of four times the call is "snap on their shift", wouldn't it catch them on their heals and out of position? Is it just too hard to time the snap that way? Even if you only did it once every eight times they shifted it would give them pause to have someone cut their legs out from under them when they were off-balance.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I missed the glorius win over the fighting Petrino’s, can anyone talk more about how our Def did? Improving? Can we stop dook?

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
I missed the glorius win over the fighting Petrino’s, can anyone talk more about how our Def did? Improving? Can we stop dook?

We gave up a ton of yards. Some after we were up big and playing a more prevent coverage. But we still “look” better than previous years. I’ve always wanted an attacking, risk-taking D to pair with this O and we are getting it. The pressure packages are getting more complex each game. Tackling still needs work. Need a rock solid ILB to go with a rock solid S to replace Rivera after this season (side note: MR was in the game very late, and I think it was to coach up the backups and get them in the right coverages. I like that).

RiseUpATL

Banned
I was thinking about that. Is there some reason we don't trigger the snap off of their shift from time to time? If one out of four times the call is "snap on their shift", wouldn't it catch them on their heals and out of position? Is it just too hard to time the snap that way? Even if you only did it once every eight times they shifted it would give them pause to have someone cut their legs out from under them when they were off-balance.

Would be too hard with the ABack motion. We aren’t a quick snap team. Bud Foster does the same thing to confuse us and allow the QB to not check into plays. Those presnap shifts really are effective in slowing us down. Wish there was a better way to combat it but it messes up the reads in the actual play called so it’s a tough one.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Haven't seen anyone mention this, but has TQM introduced the art of commit to keep, reversing commit to keep, then pitching the ball?

Saw him do it a few times. He'd keep the ball, attack the LOS for a couple of steps, back up, then pitch.

ABs would go for chunks of yardage after the pitch.