Louisville Post Game

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
Thanks but when I want a burger, I'd rather go to farm burger or general Muir.;)

I don’t think you’ll find any halfway sane person that would disagree with that.

You don’t go to the V for primo quality. If you do, you’re missing the point.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
The place turns out more food in a single location than anywhere else I know of. If you went in expecting to be “blown away” by quality, you went in with the wrong expectation.
I am not from Atlanta (or Georgia). The only thing I knew about it was my granddad "ate nearly every meal there" as student at Tech and that I had to go.

I now have a better understanding of what the Varsity is and appreciate it for that, but I think I am fair when saying I was not blown away on my first trip when it was so built up to me. I see people in threads telling out of towners all the time the *have* to go to the varsity on their first trip. I don't think going is a mistake, but I wouldn't suggest it to others myself.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
I am not from Atlanta (or Georgia). The only thing I knew about it was my granddad "ate nearly every meal there" as student at Tech and that I had to go.

I now have a better understanding of what the Varsity is and appreciate it for that, but I think I am fair when saying I was not blown away on my first trip when it was so built up to me. I see people in threads telling out of towners all the time the *have* to go to the varsity on their first trip. I don't think going is a mistake, but I wouldn't suggest it to others myself.

The V food has not changed much since the 60's but the unique atmosphere/lingo has become more blended like most other places.

Wreckaholic

Georgia Tech Fan
Took my Parents there before a game back in the early 80s for their 1st trip. My Dad was not impressed and mentioned he had never paid to see how many people could touch his food before it got to him...