Klimpsun - Welcome back

Lawyer mark

Jolly Good Fellow
Acmnni1- welcome. Most in this forum will not share your views. As tech fans, we are used to beating Clemson more often than not and there is usually more talent on Clemson side... Nothing personal, just used to "clemsoning" and we play well at home. this game can go either way and anyone that doesn't see that is a moron. that being said you should find us a hospitable group if you come to the game.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I'm not full of myself, just being realistic. I think Clemson will score a lot of points in this game, like they will in most. I think the defense will give you guys enough problems to win comfortably. We'll see if I'm right or wrong soon enough.
I always thought it was best to wait till after the game to run my mouth.
FSU said the same thing last year before the game.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
images

Posting clowns now?

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
The security company sponsor is almost as bad as when we had Aaron's as our backdrop sponsor. Glad we have BMW now even if the backdrop is the wrong shade of gold :cool:

#techfansareneverhappy

Acmnni1

Georgia Tech Fan
I may be wrong. Just simply posting what I think will happen. I'll be back Friday win, lose, or draw. I just don't see anyway we don't win this game by at least 14.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I will never turn my nose up to explosion plays on offense, but if I had my choice between the two, I would take a well executed 6 minute drive and a TD at the end for this game. I doubt we run away from this team. We need to freeze them. Controlling tempo is key. They will try and play fast. If we can get a quick stop somehow, we have the chance to keep them on the bench for a full qtr if we do our job right on offense.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
I may be wrong. Just simply posting what I think will happen. I'll be back Friday win, lose, or draw. I just don't see anyway we don't win this game by at least 14.

I have no problem with your opinion. Clemson very well could beat us by two scores, but I think this years Tech team is better than that. I think it'll be a shoot out, but our offense will grind and keep Clemson from having a ton of possessions. I think both teams end up with 11 or so possessions. Clemson will probably score 3 points per drive or so, but we will do the same. I see a close game in the low to mid 30's being realistic. We have a history of playing well at home against Clemson, so we will see tomorrow night.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
We need some short fields this week. I like a death march as much as the next guy, but I like points better and scoring on short fields is statistically easier that on long ones. Another way to get the same result is explosion plays. I'll take either or both, but we need them. I don't think we're gonna win by grinding it 80 yds every time we need a score.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
i don't care if we score TDs on quick big plays or slow depth marches...we just need TDs on about every possession. We will need some big plays to loosen up the Clemson D though and keep em on their heels a bit.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
i don't care if we score TDs on quick big plays or slow depth marches...we just need TDs on about every possession. We will need some big plays to loosen up the Clemson D though and keep em on their heels a bit.
I agree, points by any nature will do me just fine. I just don't think we're gonna march them to death. They're too good.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer

FYI, Auburn fans were saying the same thing a few years ago when they came to town, it was said "GT can't block Auburn" ... go look up the final score.

We all understand Clemson's talent level, and they are the favored team, but to say there is "no way" we don't win this game is silly.