Klimpsun - Welcome back

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Huh. Never knew why purple was the color of royalty. TIL.

Everyone still wanted gold though. ;)
Some good chemistry history in this story. Purple was always very hard to get because the only source of the dye for a long time were Asian worms so it cost a lot to import it. 18 year old English chemist William Perkin changed all that when he accidentally discovered Mauveine, an aniline dye (first one discovered,) when trying to make things blow up.

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
Bring em on
BKgiOHxAEjk

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Yeah. Your point was pretty obvious. However, you failed to get mine.

At a press conference, the reporter knows her or his question. There is a mike so they can hear the coach's response. That's the purpose of the gathering.

Often, typically, others present hear the questions just fine even when recording equipment doesn't. If the coach can't hear, he'll ask for a repetition. The contractual responsibility of the coach to meet with the press is fulfilled without the GTAA camera or Kelly's phone recording.

So, I'm satisfied with whatever is made public. Now, sometimes the GTAA does pass a mike, and we get the questions. Sometimes, Kelly posts his phone video without the mike. I'm happy for both.

Now, if your point was that there should not be press conferences without a GTAA microphone for public distribution, then you didn't say that. As it is, if you don't like what we get, ignore it.
Why are they taping it? Who are they taping it for? Why wouldn't the intended audience want or care to hear the questions? Why can't a world leading Institute of Technology get a tiny technological errand right? Why, because it's not important. They can't spend the smallest amount of time/money/effort to do a job right. Yeah, that bugs me.

alentrekin

Ramblin' Wreck
Besides Watson's injury, my biggest takeaway was that Clemson had no chance of stopping Smelter anytime we chose to throw in his direction.

Just watched their O vs. Auburn and some of the Troy game.

I saw..
- Watson only kept it twice vs. gallman ~10 keeps in the zone read, and when he kept, he ran away from contact.
- They seemed to check to Mike Williams if he's single covered and the down and distance allows
- Mike Williams can elevate, catch with his hands and moves well. Attacks to ball like Smelter, but not enough film to tell his top end speed.
- Watson throws into coverage, and throws pre-break on routes. One pick looked like a wrong route thrown to two Auburn dudes.

My takeaways...
- Watson's carries are cut in half so far. I hope it stays that way; he still looks very hard to square up between the tackles.
- Their scheme, and Watson's gunslinging means a lot of turnover opps. Average ~2/game this year and last.
- They have been penalized more this year (~60/g vs ~40/g last year)
- If we are as lucky/good as Troy and Auburn, that's 2 possessions from turnovers and ~60 yards of field position
- If the offense can move it and we don't make mistakes, I like our odds with a stuff the A-C gap, AJ Gray shadowing Williams bend-but-but don't break.​

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Just watched their O vs. Auburn and some of the Troy game.

I saw..
- Watson only kept it twice vs. gallman ~10 keeps in the zone read, and when he kept, he ran away from contact.
- Their scheme, and Watson's gunslinging means a lot of turnover opps. Average ~2/game this year and last. ......

The last thing Clemson wants is for Watson to be hurt in the Troy game. I think he will revert to previous year's form and seek out contact when it's a big game. You are right about Watson's running. His average this season (against weak teams) is less than his average per rush last season for the whole season including bowl game. Hopefully, they will save him for the L'Ville and FSU games ..... http://www.cfbstats.com/2015/player/147/1062721/index.html

Really like the turnover of 2/game. Watson has been pretty good on intercepts though ... only 2-3% of all passes. I don't know all QBs but many intercepts are on the receiver having the ball bounce off his hands or running the wrong route. Overall though, Clemson's gets a lot of turnovers .... while they were -2 on turnovers last year, that was the only year in the last five that they were net negative. Just their smash mouth / swag style. http://www.cfbstats.com/2016/team/147/turnovermargin/split.html

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
As I said before, I think the key to stopping the Tiggers is stopping Watson from running. Same as Tajd Boyd; stop him on the ground and everything got more difficult for them. Williams is a good WR and he'll get his share of attention, but he isn't any Sammy Watkins (thank you, Lord).

Of course, the real key to the game is to run the ball and keep these people off the field. I think we can do that, but you never know until we line up and try.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Got to pressure him on passing downs but somehow keep contain. Knock the crap out of him when he runs it

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
We can win this game or we could get beat soundly. We have to play a clean game and force some turnovers. We can not play catch and release. We have to attack and leave a bruise every chance we get. I've watched this Clemson team and they are not world beaters. They will have a winning record but I doubt they win any championships.

Go Jackets!

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
We're gonna need a few explosion plays to beat Clemson. Good news is, we're starting to generate those. The first two games and all of last year, not so much. On the same token, we're gonna have to limit those types of plays from Clemson. That's where our BDB defense helps a lot. Keep everything in front. Let them dink and dunk. At some point they'll make a mistake and have to punt and hopefully more than once. Hopefully we can get a turnover or two as well. We can't give them any cheap scores like a pick 6 or a busted coverage td and expect to win, imo.

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
Listening to the Clemson flagship station in my area......we are getting no love what-so-ever.
They have "figured out the HS offense" they are preparing for the "biggest 2 team top 5 ranking in school history" when they host Louisville..
I hope the team can come out focused and ready to bust some mouths.
We are Georgia Tech we can do this!!

DC Bee

Ramblin' Wreck
Listening to the Clemson flagship station in my area......we are getting no love what-so-ever.
They have "figured out the HS offense" they are preparing for the "biggest 2 team top 5 ranking in school history" when they host Louisville..
I hope the team can come out focused and ready to bust some mouths.
We are Georgia Tech we can do this!!

It wouldn't surprise me to learn that their fan base has completely forgotten about 2011. I wouldn't blame them.