Ken Wisenhunt to Interview this weekend per NFL League resources

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Unless he can be innovative in his approach, I don't believe a failed NFL coach is the right move. (by failed, I mean as a head coach) He would understand the Tech culture, and that is a plus on the recruiting side, but like others have said, most of these NFL guys that come back to college don't do that well. In sa(t)an's case, he was really a college coach who tinkered with the NFL, where you can only have 1 or 2 first rounders every year. At NFL Tuscaloosa, he gets a boatload of first rounders in every recruiting cycle.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Did not make a bowl game this year with good to great talent. He is recruiting well. We will see. I think Fulmer gets ran out for the second time on this one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Butch Jones left an empty cupboard for Coach Jeremy Pruitt,not much talent as all. Coach Jeremy Pruitt from what i hear will get 5 years or so to turn Tennessee around.

upwgdrb

Jolly Good Fellow

upwgdrb

Jolly Good Fellow
Unless he can be innovative in his approach, I don't believe a failed NFL coach is the right move. (by failed, I mean as a head coach) He would understand the Tech culture, and that is a plus on the recruiting side, but like others have said, most of these NFL guys that come back to college don't do that well. In sa(t)an's case, he was really a college coach who tinkered with the NFL, where you can only have 1 or 2 first rounders every year. At NFL Tuscaloosa, he gets a boatload of first rounders in every recruiting cycle.

How would you feel if he hired Tmartin or Brent Key as his oc.
If Ken is hired the staff is the key.

Same goes for Elliott and he has only worked at Clemson. Where is his network to hire good coordinators.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
If we were going after an NFL guy (which I think is dumb) you’d think you’d go after one that had clearly coached up some people. Maybe some QB guru, or someone young that the recruits would know, or some NFL guy with some college experience. The path to success seems very very narrow with Wisenhunt. I have faith in Stansbury, for some unknown reason, and surely he wouldn’t do this.... “But Wisenhunt looked good in Arizona and looks good in San Diego” Uhhh, last time I checked he had Kurt Warner and Phillip Rivers at those jobs, both with tons of experience. He didn’t coach those 35ish year old guys up. They’re both HOF QBs (maybe not Rivers but he’s damn good) and he had some success, well no ****, so could I with those guys. If this happens we really need to evaluate who hires Athletic Directors around here, but again, for some reason I have faith in Todd. Nothing he’s done so far makes me think he’s dumb, so please, for the love of the Jackets. DON’T DO THIS.

Animal02

Banned
And the ones that don't work out he runs off.

1939hotmagic

Jolly Good Fellow
A polite but firm NO to Whisenhunt; if, God forbid, he is offered and accepts the position, here's hoping he's a CEO type who gets a bright, innovative offensive coordinator, some offensive position coaches with southern recruiting experience, and a willingness to keep CNW and most if not all of the current defensive staff.

Treb1982

Jolly Good Fellow
If we were going after an NFL guy (which I think is dumb) you’d think you’d go after one that had clearly coached up some people. Maybe some QB guru, or someone young that the recruits would know, or some NFL guy with some college experience. The path to success seems very very narrow with Wisenhunt. I have faith in Stansbury, for some unknown reason, and surely he wouldn’t do this.... “But Wisenhunt looked good in Arizona and looks good in San Diego” Uhhh, last time I checked he had Kurt Warner and Phillip Rivers at those jobs, both with tons of experience. He didn’t coach those 35ish year old guys up. They’re both HOF QBs (maybe not Rivers but he’s damn good) and he had some success, well no ****, so could I with those guys. If this happens we really need to evaluate who hires Athletic Directors around here, but again, for some reason I have faith in Todd. Nothing he’s done so far makes me think he’s dumb, so please, for the love of the Jackets. DON’T DO THIS.
Is Goff in his 3rd year? I think he's done good job coaching him up wouldn't you say?

IEEEWreck

Ramblin' Wreck
At this point, we need someone with a proven methodology... and there’s two. First is the Saban Process. Everyone knows that.

The other is the Landry Method. Tom Landry was an engineer and taught it to Gene Stalling. Who taught it to his tree,including Dabo.

I’d be happy with anybody from either tree.
Whoa, coaching trees are a real rabbit hole.
Fun Fact:
Charlie Strong is part of the Bobby Dodd tree through Spurrier and Ray Graves.

gtstinger776

Ramblin' Wreck

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
The whisenhunt talk isn’t real according to this report. I’ve been told by insiders that not even TStan’s top advisors know what he’s thinking - he’s been rather aloof on the subject.

So unless you guys have insiders in AD with better information, then let’s direct our attention and focus to other candidates.

https://medium.com/@guytonre55/sour...sation-for-georgia-tech-position-3690bf03717f

Its misdirection. He’s going after... Butch Jones.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
You guys are funny. 11 years ago EVERYBODY wanted Ken W. Now, NOBODY wants Ken W.

I am still butthurt by Brent Keys negatively recruiting against us while at UCF. It's one thing for opposing assistant coaches to go in and talk about calculus and other classes. It's a whole different thing for one of our alumni to run down the school, trying to scare prospective student-athletes away. That's a low I don't ever want our coaches to stoop to. No thank you to Mr. Keys.