Ken Wisenhunt to Interview this weekend per NFL League resources

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Is there a pick TStan can make that won’t cause a significant portion of the fanbase’s heads to explode?

Doubtful. Hire an option coach and piss off the people who are tired of Johnson's tenure and would view that as just a doubling down.
Hire a non option coach and piss off the option lovers who think it's the only possible path to success for some reason.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Doubtful. Hire an option coach and piss off the people who are tired of Johnson's tenure and would view that as just a doubling down.
Hire a non option coach and piss off the option lovers who think it's the only possible path to success for some reason.
Then there are ones like me who would like to see a Mix of both :)

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I can get behind the Whiz hire if he does 5 things.
1. Bring back Giff Smith
2. Retain CNW
3. Make CAM recruiting coordinator and special teams coach
4. Hire an up and coming OC who can recruit
5. Be a CEO of the program and let all the assistants do their jobs

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
It would be a really bad hire for recruiting. He has no network what so ever. No relationships and hasn’t been on the trail in 2 decades. It would kill recruiting for at least two or three seasons and that’s if he hires knowledgeable assistants. This isn’t ASU this is Georgia and the knives would be out ripping GT apart on the trail.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
What if....

T Stan hires Whisenhunt.
Whisenhunt keeps CNW for DC.
Whisenhunt hires Ivin Jasper for OC
Ivin Jasper says "Oh my, I get to play with GT level athletes, watch me use more RnS and combine it with less but selective Flex option concepts depending on opponent"
Keeps Andy McCollum as Recruiting Coordinator
Whisenhunt sells his NFL offense and experience combined with Ivin Jasper's option schemes.
Whisenhunt let's his DC and OC coach their game, just acts like a CEO ala Pete Carrol and Ed Orgerin

...does Whisenhunt still look like the same candidate we originally thought?
If we want to continue to use Spread Option we should hire Monken.

buzzwilder

Georgia Tech Fan
I can get behind the Whiz hire if he does 5 things.
1. Bring back Giff Smith
2. Retain CNW
3. Make CAM recruiting coordinator and special teams coach
4. Hire an up and coming OC who can recruit
5. Be a CEO of the program and let all the assistants do their jobs
I can't imagine Giff coming back to college to be a position coach. Maybe a DC

Whiskey_Clear

Banned

It’s not the only scheme that can work. It’s one that does and like all other good schemes needs a good play caller and talent within the scheme. But it’s just as silly to say “no more triple option!!” as it is to say “only triple option!!”

It’s actually very stupid to bypass any potential coach based on scheme alone.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Relax. I ran a multinational business about 5 times the size of GTAA. You always write senior job descriptions in a way no one can meet them. That way, there are no hard feelings (or lawsuits) for denying the job to others.

Let the process play out. It’s fine.
Well, okay. But ... Whisenhunt meets them. (And I have to say that was a unique way of writing job specs. So at the end, nobody was qualified for the job you posted? I had a friend once who wanted to hire a Canadian for a job. Had to get a green card I think, and my friend had to certify in some form that nobody in the U.S. of A. could do the job he wanted the Canadian for.)

Animal02

Banned
It’s not the only scheme that can work. It’s one that does and like all other good schemes needs a good play caller and talent within the scheme. But it’s just as silly to say “no more triple option!!” as it is to say “only triple option!!”

It’s actually very stupid to bypass any potential coach based on scheme alone.
I agree.....but as I have posted previously
.....failing to interview option coaches will be a tell that TStan felt the program was on the wrong track.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Well, okay. But ... Whisenhunt meets them. (And I have to say that was a unique way of writing job specs. So at the end, nobody was qualified for the job you posted? I had a friend once who wanted to hire a Canadian for a job. Had to get a green card I think, and my friend had to certify in some form that nobody in the U.S. of A. could do the job he wanted the Canadian for.)

Nobody meets the “ideal” description. They weren’t supposed to.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Pretty much how i feel
If Stansbury is as open as he says he is in an AJC story today, he has aced out every prospect on a bowl-bound football team. Says he wants the decision done by Dec. 15, early signing, so coach and recruits can meet and get to know one another before signing. Again, one guy meets that spec, Whisenhunt. Meanwhile, I understand Elliott has not heard anything, and if that is the criteria then he is out automatically. That Clemson staff and team is a tight group and he will not bail on them before the playoffs. Hard to tell if Stansbury is being disingenuous or just inexperienced.