Ken Wisenhunt to Interview this weekend per NFL League resources

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
The whisenhunt talk isn’t real according to this report. I’ve been told by insiders that not even TStan’s top advisors know what he’s thinking - he’s been rather aloof on the subject.

So unless you guys have insiders in AD with better information, then let’s direct our attention and focus to other candidates.

https://medium.com/@guytonre55/sour...sation-for-georgia-tech-position-3690bf03717f
https://gtswarm.com/threads/sbnation-podcast-on-gt-coaching-situation.16559/#post-500425

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
If Tstan wants to unite the fan base, he wont hire a ho hum Pro coach.
Sounds like U saying if Tstan wants the final payment on the his new office building (edge center), he wont hire a ho hum Pro coach.
2 years from now
Tstan says. GUYS
1 Yes- as a vote of confidence i gave Coach J a long term extension after we had 3 years not so good years.
2. Yes- i asked for 125 kk to update facilities.
3. Yes- We get 100 yds in 47 Carrie's and uga gets 45 points.
4. Yes , Coach decided he was tired and retired.
5 Yes i hired a pro coach ( circa Chan G) who most alums are blah about .
6. Yes- Fund raising embarisinly dwindled to a trickle.
7. Yes -pro coach hires a few of his high cost pro coaching buddies to put in a pro system and co.plain the players arent pro quality .
8 yes we were worse than 15 for last 2 years.
9 NOW GUY PLEASE LET ME GET MY CAR KEYS OUT OF MY OLD OFFICE.

I hope he passes on KW

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
It is becoming clearer that this search is front -loaded for Whisenhunt. The job description was written for him: Tech ties, NFL experience. Stansbury has copped out on his first major hire and gone turtle with a "safe" pick. So he will hire Whisenhunt, who has spent about three months coaching college ball -- I exaggerate but not by that much -- knows diddly about recruiting, cannot put together a college staff, does not know the recruiting territory, and besides which has stayed in the NFL all this time for a reason: pro coaches hate college ball. 20 hours a week for coaching? In the pros, they got all they want. If he goes Whisenhunt, it is Chan 2.0, just not as good. It will really be sad.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
The whisenhunt talk isn’t real according to this report. I’ve been told by insiders that not even TStan’s top advisors know what he’s thinking - he’s been rather aloof on the subject.

So unless you guys have insiders in AD with better information, then let’s direct our attention and focus to other candidates.

https://medium.com/@guytonre55/sour...sation-for-georgia-tech-position-3690bf03717f

Maybe he’s after the Wiz for an OC instead of HC. Maybe this whole thing is smoke and mirrors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Animal02

Banned
It is becoming clearer that this search is front -loaded for Whisenhunt. The job description was written for him: Tech ties, NFL experience. Stansbury has copped out on his first major hire and gone turtle with a "safe" pick. So he will hire Whisenhunt, who has spent about three months coaching college ball -- I exaggerate but not by that much -- knows diddly about recruiting, cannot put together a college staff, does not know the recruiting territory, and besides which has stayed in the NFL all this time for a reason: pro coaches hate college ball. 20 hours a week for coaching? In the pros, they got all they want. If he goes Whisenhunt, it is Chan 2.0, just not as good. It will really be sad.
Has there been a defined job description or is it rumor like everything else?

33jacket

Helluva Engineer

Pretty much how i feel

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
TStan is just another lousy AD like Bobinski,Radakovich and Dave Braine

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer

Relax. I ran a multinational business about 5 times the size of GTAA. You always write senior job descriptions in a way no one can meet them. That way, there are no hard feelings (or lawsuits) for denying the job to others.

Let the process play out. It’s fine.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
What if....

T Stan hires Whisenhunt.
Whisenhunt keeps CNW for DC.
Whisenhunt hires Ivin Jasper for OC
Ivin Jasper says "Oh my, I get to play with GT level athletes, watch me use more RnS and combine it with less but selective Flex option concepts depending on opponent"
Keeps Andy McCollum as Recruiting Coordinator
Whisenhunt sells his NFL offense and experience combined with Ivin Jasper's option schemes.
Whisenhunt let's his DC and OC coach their game, just acts like a CEO ala Pete Carrol and Ed Orgerin

...does Whisenhunt still look like the same candidate we originally thought?

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
What if....

T Stan hires Whisenhunt.
Ivin Jasper says "Oh my, I get to play with GT level athletes, watch me use more RnS and combine it with less but selective Flex option concepts depending on opponent"
Whisenhunt sells his NFL offense and experience combined with Ivin Jasper's option schemes.
Whisenhunt let's his DC and OC coach their game, just acts like a CEO ala Pete Carrol and Ed Orgerin

Ken Whisenhunt would be a :poop::poop::poop::poop::poop: head coaching hire:vomit:

stech81

Helluva Engineer
What if....

T Stan hires Whisenhunt.

What if my wife learn to cook ? nice to think about but she won't and he won't

Last edited:

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
What if....

T Stan hires Whisenhunt.

That sounds like a disjointed plan that wants everything and accomplishes nothing. No reason to bring in a coach to sell his NFL offense and experience if you're going to hire an OC like Jasper.