Ken Wisenhunt to Interview this weekend per NFL League resources

GTHomer

Ramblin' Wreck
Just got this from Bleacher Report to my phone. Per the article, it infers we would like to hire someone with NFL experience and connected to the school.

I'm not sure he is the right person for this opportunity but willing to let the process play out. Thoughts????

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
I’m glad we are looking away from the Triple Option but as of right now Georgia Tech is the best job on the market and should look for more qualified head coaches.

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
Just got this from Bleacher Report to my phone. Per the article, it infers we would like to hire someone with NFL experience and connected to the school.

I'm not sure he is the right person for this opportunity but willing to let the process play out. Thoughts????

If Todd starts with "NFL experience and connected to this school", he's working his way right to Whisenhunt which I think is horrible. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Todd: "OK search committee, I'm looking for a head coach with NFL experience, played here at Tech, last name begins with a 'W', and only three letters in the first name. Now you all may look anywhere you want and provide recommendations from anyone on earth, even the universe, that fits my search criteria. Good luck, we're all counting on you!" :facepalm:

Techster

Helluva Engineer
On the surface the thought of Whisenhunt screams "HELL NO!"

....BUT, if Whisenhunt brings in a good OC and a good DC (possibly keeping CNW) and just takes on a CEO HC role, it could work. That's essentially what Dabo and Saban (though Saban coaches DBs I believe) are. That's what Pete Carrol was during his USC days. A LOT of HCs these days are CEO type HCs.

That said, I'd rather go with a proven HC on the college level that will bring new energy and enthusiasm to the position.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
On the surface the thought of Whisenhunt screams "HELL NO!"

....BUT, if Whisenhunt brings in a good OC and a good DC (possibly keeping CNW) and just takes on a CEO HC role, it could work. That's essentially what Dabo and Saban (though Saban coaches DBs I believe) are. That's what Pete Carrol was during his USC days. A LOT of HCs these days are CEO type HCs.

That said, I'd rather go with a proven HC on the college level that will bring new energy and enthusiasm to the position.
I just don't think we have the budget to be paying for a "CEO" type guy. Not that they have to be the OC like CPJ was, but they need more beef to their resume then what I have seen from Ken, IMHO.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Chan Gailey years 2.0
Wonder how these CPJ haters will feel after getting blown out by Clemp and the mutts on a yearly basis and hoping we get picked for the Quick Bowl. :rolleyes:

This is not picking on you in particular because a LOT of posters have made similar comments, but I really don't get the "Wait until we start losing you CPJ haters! " statements so called GT fans keep posting. It's like some people want GT to lose because it'll prove their theory that CPJ is the end all be all. It's the equivalent of CPJ haters hoping GT loses so he gets fired. Are people that loyal to a coach, or a system that they want to GT do bad to prove their point?

Why can't we all just root for GT to do well whoever gets the job and whatever offense the next coach ends up running?

herb

Helluva Engineer
Why can't we all just root for GT to do well whoever gets the job and whatever offense the next coach ends up running?

pzv5j7l.jpg

;)

Animal02

Banned
This is not picking on you in particular because a LOT of posters have made similar comments, but I really don't get the "Wait until we start losing you CPJ haters! " statements so called GT fans keep posting. It's like some people want GT to lose because it'll prove their theory that CPJ is the end all be all. It's the equivalent of CPJ haters hoping GT loses so he gets fired. Are people that loyal to a coach, or a system that they want to GT do bad to prove their point?

Blame it on my Tech education :eek:. Spent 4 years have arch profs preach the latest fad architecture......everybody does the same thing and nobody sticks out from the crowd. That is how I felt about the Chan years. CPJ got Tech noticed, it was a helluva ride.

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
1) Isn't Stansbury going to be gone this weekend for the CFP committee? Timing doesn't make sense to me.

2) Why is NFL experience something we care about? If he looks into the mirror and sees us as "NFL Factory" then he's insane.

Maybe we're stacking the deck for the board. Bring in a guy who's a failure as a HC and has almost 0 college experience so that the next guy looks amazing when he is brought in.