Ken Wisenhunt to Interview this weekend per NFL League resources

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
I know you are a former player and have some inside info but you know if he goes KW it’s not bad at all and has potential to be really good. Not saying other candidates or bad or good. Just this is not the deadly hire some make it to be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don’t see a lot of long-term NFL coaches who have succeeded in the college game. The few successes who come to mind — Saban, Holz among them — were only in the pro game a short time and then went back to college. KW has been in the pros for 20 years. Too little experience and too-long removed from the game, IMO.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Don’t see a lot of long-term NFL coaches who have succeeded in the college game. The few successes who come to mind — Saban, Holz among them — were only in the pro game a short time and then went back to college. KW has been in the pros for 20 years. Too little experience and too-long removed from the game, IMO.

U cant call saban Spurrier or any similar an nfl coach. Nfl coaches are guys like chan. Ken. Herm edwards. Etc. A small stint in the nfl does not make u a nfl coach and same with college. For me its about the bulk background. 15-20 years in nfl during the major portion of career before making the switch. Many if not most guys start out for a few years in college. Usually early on, then nfl for next 15 to 20. Those are nfl guys so to speak.

The one true nfl coach that did have success was pete carrol. But its the exception not the rule. He was in the nfl for the bulk of his formative career before going to Usc.

I am on record that kw doesnt bring anything to the table for tech. I cant figure out what it would be.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
U cant call saban Spurrier or any similar an nfl coach. Nfl coaches are guys like chan. Ken. Herm edwards. Etc. A small stint in the nfl does not make u a nfl coach and same with college. For me its about the bulk background. 15-20 years in nfl during the major portion of career before making the switch. Many if not most guys start out for a few years in college. Usually early on, then nfl for next 15 to 20. Those are nfl guys so to speak.

The one true nfl coach that did have success was pete carrol. But its the exception not the rule. He was in the nfl for the bulk of his formative career before going to Usc.

I am on record that kw doesnt bring anything to the table for tech. I cant figure out what it would be.

Yes, we’re in agreement. That is exactly my point; a coach whose (almost) entire coaching career is in the NFL will be a fish-outta-water in the college recruiting world. I brought up Saban and Holtz to head off the “Oh, yeah? What about Saban?” responses.

The ones who scare me are the 15-20 year NFL guys who fail in college — Weis, Wannstedt, etc. we don’t want to repeat that mistake.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Yes, we’re in agreement. That is exactly my point; a coach whose (almost) entire coaching career is in the NFL will be a fish-outta-water in the college recruiting world. I brought up Saban and Holtz to head off the “Oh, yeah? What about Saban?” responses.

The ones who scare me are the 15-20 year NFL guys who fail in college — Weis, Wannstedt, etc. we don’t want to repeat that mistake.

wannstedt
chan
callahan
henning
glanville

its alot more bad than good with NFL to college imo...

Animal02

Banned

Those that fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
The definition of insanity.....repeating the same thing over and over expecting different results.

stech81

Helluva Engineer

If a fish is out of water how long before the fish knows it ?

Please say no to CKW

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
For all our possible coach hires , It's all about the $ structure.

Will kw, t e , sat take low enough base plus generous incentives package so we can get a BIG recruiting and TOP assist coaching staff.?
With our recruiting disadvantages, we need to up game and TRAIN PLAYERS THAT WILL STAY AS R S SENIORS . That takes staff and rah rah. CG & Coach like us old farts are not rah rah.