Ken Wisenhunt to Interview this weekend per NFL League resources

stech81

Helluva Engineer
If Stansbury is as open as he says he is in an AJC story today, he has aced out every prospect on a bowl-bound football team. Says he wants the decision done by Dec. 15, early signing, so coach and recruits can meet and get to know one another before signing. Again, one guy meets that spec, Whisenhunt. Meanwhile, I understand Elliott has not heard anything, and if that is the criteria then he is out automatically. That Clemson staff and team is a tight group and he will not bail on them before the playoffs. Hard to tell if Stansbury is being disingenuous or just inexperienced.
Lets hope it's not inexperienced , for those who know has he had to hire any coach where he has been ? DEC 15 is only 5 days till the early signing day not a lot of time IMO

buzzed

Jolly Good Fellow
If Stansbury is as open as he says he is in an AJC story today, he has aced out every prospect on a bowl-bound football team. Says he wants the decision done by Dec. 15, early signing, so coach and recruits can meet and get to know one another before signing. Again, one guy meets that spec, Whisenhunt. Meanwhile, I understand Elliott has not heard anything, and if that is the criteria then he is out automatically. That Clemson staff and team is a tight group and he will not bail on them before the playoffs. Hard to tell if Stansbury is being disingenuous or just inexperienced.
Kirby was announced and wore 2 hats leading up to Bama playing in the playoffs. Something similar could be done.

herb

Helluva Engineer
Kirby was announced and wore 2 hats leading up to Bama playing in the playoffs. Something similar could be done.

So did Pruitt. If you are an assistant who wants a head coaching job you have to otherwise you are cutting your own throat because the good recruits are probably not gonna wait if they have choices

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Lets hope it's not inexperienced , for those who know has he had to hire any coach where he has been ? DEC 15 is only 5 days till the early signing day not a lot of time IMO

This isn’t the usual coaching hire. If TStan knows what he’s doing, and I think he does, he’s got a slate of candidates ranked by performance, values and fit to GT. He’s also got to raise money, so he’ll need select booster support. Then ... he actually has to convince the candidate to take the job.

What we know is .... only TStan knows.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
So I really haven’t had the time to read through 597 pages of coaching rumors on all the GT boards so please forgive me. My question is, what’s the dislike I’ve been seeing with Ken W? I honestly don’t know much on him other than he’s a “Tech guy” and he’s a known NFL name. (I know a lot of my Detroit Lions fans wanted him when the Lions job opened) All I’ve seen is he’s Chan 2.0. I find that hard to believe but like I said know little about him. Would he be a let down as a hire or are we seeing the Tech fan paranoia we’re known for? And wouldn’t he be attractive to recruits with the NFL resume?
Like I said I truly no nothing on him so could someone please give me the pros and cons on him? Thanks

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
So I really haven’t had the time to read through 597 pages of coaching rumors on all the GT boards so please forgive me. My question is, what’s the dislike I’ve been seeing with Ken W? I honestly don’t know much on him other than he’s a “Tech guy” and he’s a known NFL name. (I know a lot of my Detroit Lions fans wanted him when the Lions job opened) All I’ve seen is he’s Chan 2.0. I find that hard to believe but like I said know little about him. Would he be a let down as a hire or are we seeing the Tech fan paranoia we’re known for? And wouldn’t he be attractive to recruits with the NFL resume?
Like I said I truly no nothing on him so could someone please give me the pros and cons on him? Thanks

Whisenhunt has zero collegiate experience absent a short stint with Vandy 20 plus years ago, has ZERO experience recruiting, has NO relationship with SE HS head coaches, has zero relation to coaches that would be reasonable position coaches at the collegiate level, has never shown to be an innovator as a NFL HC or OC (watched him get run out of TN), has never expressed a desire to be a collegiate HC that I've ever seen. If he wasn't a Tech grad there is no way he would be considered a viable candidate.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Whisenhunt has zero collegiate experience absent a short stint with Vandy 20 plus years ago, has ZERO experience recruiting, has NO relationship with SE HS head coaches, has zero relation to coaches that would be reasonable position coaches at the collegiate level, has never shown to be an innovator as a NFL HC or OC (watched him get run out of TN), has never expressed a desire to be a collegiate HC that I've ever seen. If he wasn't a Tech grad there is no way he would be considered a viable candidate.
Ahhhh, gotcha. Mark Price type thing then. We love that “We need a Tech man” thought process every time a HC position opens....

33jacket

Helluva Engineer

Do u have that ajc link for me to read

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I bet Ken Whisenhunt turns TStan down and TStan will be left scrambling to hire a GT head football coach:rolleyes:

LibertyTurns

Banned
@stech81 did I win the lottery? My wife loves college football (not a Tech girl, but has gone to almost every game with me since we met), loves beer, and is a good cook. Also, my MIL doesn’t speak much
That is good fortune beyond belief, but have to ask if sometimes she drinks your beer and there’s no more left? That would be a small price to pay for a silent and non-drama MIL

burdell151

Jolly Good Fellow
That is good fortune beyond belief, but have to ask if sometimes she drinks your beer and there’s no more left? That would be a small price to pay for a silent and non-drama MIL
It’s worth every ounce of beer that I didn’t drink that day. However, she is very good about making sure about making sure we have ample supply to make it through the week/weekend.