Juanyeh Thomas has a message for the fans!

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I never tweet players because it just feels weird. I am a 37 year old and I dont interract with college age guys socially, so that just seems awkward.

I am fine with Juanyeh speaking up for his guys.

Grown men ( I mean fans here) don't need to be tweeting with kids. I know, the players think they are grown men but really they are not, especially when Mama is around. The point is that Juanyeh is perfectly fine in tweeting his support for his team but the rest of us need to just give them space and let the players play. IMHO

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, that dude needs to STFU and not be allowed to have any communication with the players. I hate that the kids are having to hear this kind of garbage.

God knows I am too old to be opining on social media matters but the tone of this Kevin character makes me wonder if he is just a mutt fan trolling our players.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Have you tried to walk-on?
No, but then at 64 its kind of late wouldn't you say? The point remains valid. This team can prove its critics are wrong and right the ship starting this week but a sense of urgency and responsibility is critical. I don't pretend to know who the team leaders are but they need to start holding people accountable. It is one thing for an opponent to run and pass the ball down the field for scores it is altogether something else when kickoffs become track meets and defensive players do not execute fundamentals that have been taught like wrapping up on tackles, taking proper angles etc.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Wow, some of our fans are repugnant. Never ceases to amaze me when adults reply to the tweets of amateur athletes with vile, disgusting comments while having taglines on their twitter profile that say "Love God."

I am by no means a perfect person, but some of those direct responses and ancillary statements are absolutely disgusting.

I have a really hard time believing this person is a true GT fan, probably a troll

Deleted member 2897

No, but then at 64 its kind of late wouldn't you say? The point remains valid. This team can prove its critics are wrong and right the ship starting this week but a sense of urgency and responsibility is critical. I don't pretend to know who the team leaders are but they need to start holding people accountable. It is one thing for an opponent to run and pass the ball down the field for scores it is altogether something else when kickoffs become track meets and defensive players do not execute fundamentals that have been taught like wrapping up on tackles, taking proper angles etc.

Maybe you can help coach?

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
This is the problem with being a Tech sports fan. There seems to be a mentality from some, that demands we consider how hard things are academically. This is based in some imaginary world. You cannot argue that these kids are taking top of the line college courses yet they cant line up right on a football field ! Im sure it's tremendously hard to be a student athlete at Tech but fans are called fans b/c they are following and supportive of sports at the school, they aren't fans because the school is a center of higher education. Being competitive and understanding are two opposing thoughts. It would be easy to ignore mistakes if we had low expectations but the reason fans are ill and grumpy is because we expect more of the kids on the field. There is literally no excuse when it comes to simple things like lining up correctly or simply staying in your lane on KO coverage or blitzing the gap rather than running into the sack of 4 players and getting stuck. How about simply looking outside and seeing there are 3 WRs and 2 DB's in coverage ?

I condemn the volatile personal stuff but there are some things that a lot of us learned in high school that is driving us crazy watching scholarly players in college doing wrong repeatedly. If we were on a blog that was titled Tech Academics the argument that its hard to study and play football would be fair, but all of us are on a football blog, that is where football talk occurs.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
This is the problem with being a Tech sports fan. There seems to be a mentality from some, that demands we consider how hard things are academically. This is based in some imaginary world. You cannot argue that these kids are taking top of the line college courses yet they cant line up right on a football field ! Im sure it's tremendously hard to be a student athlete at Tech but fans are called fans b/c they are following and supportive of sports at the school, they aren't fans because the school is a center of higher education. Being competitive and understanding are two opposing thoughts. It would be easy to ignore mistakes if we had low expectations but the reason fans are ill and grumpy is because we expect more of the kids on the field. There is literally no excuse when it comes to simple things like lining up correctly or simply staying in your lane on KO coverage or blitzing the gap rather than running into the sack of 4 players and getting stuck. How about simply looking outside and seeing there are 3 WRs and 2 DB's in coverage ?

I condemn the volatile personal stuff but there are some things that a lot of us learned in high school that is driving us crazy watching scholarly players in college doing wrong repeatedly. If we were on a blog that was titled Tech Academics the argument that its hard to study and play football would be fair, but all of us are on a football blog, that is where football talk occurs.
Then watch the NFL.

Deleted member 2897

Have you tried to walk on?

GT_05

Helluva Engineer

I was a student first and then I became a fan. I believe they are called student-athletes and not athlete-students for a reason. I know that puts me in the minority but I’m good with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dubjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Well then win and we won't complain! Lol bust your butt in the gym and study film till your eyes hurt. Give it 200%. Then we will quiet down. I don't believe in blaming players, but some of our guys looked unprepared this last trip. Hopefully they get their butts in gear for a wet pitt game. Defense needs at minimum 2 turnovers this week.

This is such a dumb post. So you think they aren’t doing everything they can to win? No athletic works as hard as they can to lose! Get a grip pal. You don’t believe in blaming players and then you did! Our guys are going to do everything they can to prepare to win this week!

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
Then watch the NFL.

I'll watch what I want to thank you -- just like you do ! none of you have anything on me as a fan, I've been an avid supporter for 48 years and will continue to be !

Have you tried to walk on?

No bwelbo, I havent, I didnt realize you had to be a player to be a supporter, They certainly dont require that to be a contributor to the FOOTBALL PROGRAM

I was a student first and then I became a fan. I believe they are called student-athletes and not athlete-students for a reason. I know that puts me in the minority but I’m good with that.

GT Im not trying to fight with you but again when Tech confines contributions to students or athletes only i'll reserve my comments and my money, you know that money that helps pay for the student-athlete scholarships ? So they can have that free education FOR PLAYING FOOTBALL !, in this case

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
Getting onto true fans for wanting the team to win is just as stupid as Kevin on twitter yelling at a player. Do you guys even support CPJ yelling at them when they make mistakes ? I doubt he is a contributor (since the school pays him millions) and I know he didn't play for Tech

Deleted member 2897

No bwelbo, I havent, I didnt realize you had to be a player to be a supporter, They certainly dont require that to be a contributor to the FOOTBALL PROGRAM

I was arguing the inverse.

Some people are stating that our players’ mistakes are so glaringly simple that surely you could play better than they and/or coach better than our coaches. That’s the clear implication.

If you aren’t better than them and couldn’t make the team, then it’s probably best to not imply how poorly some folks are playing and/or coaching...otherwise you’re really just insulting yourselves.