Juanyeh Thomas has a message for the fans!

That’s also possible too but there’s also nobody telling me if I quit and leave I either have to take a lower quality job or not work for a year. This whole analogy is stupid.
Where the analogy is really stupid is comparing a football player being attacked by someone who doesn't even know him (and he doesn't know the attacker) and really doesn't have a clue about what's going on with the team. If somebody who doesn't even know you or work with you told you you were doing a crappy job, then I bet your reaction would be the same as Juanyeh. All of us on here, and that jerk who responded to the tweet, are total outsiders who don't know Juanyeh and whose opinions shouldn't mean squat to him.

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
I dont accept it in my personal life and I wont from Tech players.
I can assure you that the Tech players do not care what you "accept" from them.

I have a right to expect him to know how to wrap up and tackle low rather than at the shoulder pads.
You have certain enumerated rights delineated in the U.S. Constitution. You do NOT have a right to expect anything from Tech athletes.

For an athlete to tell me, a lifelong fan, that I am either for them or against them that is unacceptable.
Reads like some fans do not like getting a taste of their own medicine in a public forum.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
Did any of you get Sean Bedford's comment on Oliver? He thought Tobias ran the offense better than ANY quarterback in the Coach Johnson era including JT5 and the sainted Josh Nesbitt. Don't quite know what to make of that but he (Oliver) got a 90 grade on the chart which was the highest grade of any offensive player most of whom were actually quite good.
That's nice to hear from someone who obviously knows. Did he frame that with any context like keep in mind that he was running the same speed option calls for the most part?

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
A freshmen kid made a statement. You're a 48 year old man and this kid is what, 17, 18? Why are you taking this seriously and personally?
Nobody on this board wants mediocrity but brother, we have to put things into perspective. There are other lifelong fans besides yourself.

My angst isn’t directly related to the “kids”, it’s to some of you guys who defend what I see as indefensable. If we as fans can’t verbalize high expectations and frustrations then why are we fans ? Personal shots aren’t right I totally agree but it’s also totally fine to talk about missed tackles, due to form, and lining up correctly.

It has nothing to do with age. Honestly and I’m letting you in on an old mans secret, In my head I still see football from my 18-19 year old mind. When I did stretch out and dive for a ball slightly out of reach. When I ran stupidly head long into chain link fences because I was looking over my shoulder trying to catch a pass. When the grass smell intermingled with my sweat and when even though I couldn’t get my cleats on due to a swollen ankle I took some of the laces out and ran on the field, my limp going away during the play but being oh to obvious between plays. When I ripped my hand or forearm open trying to escape a tackle by someone whose fingernails were to dang long. The site of blood made me want more, maybe I’m a psycho, who knows ? But my old beat up body still imagines it can do the very things that I demand that those “kids” do today and truthfully that’s the way I think about everything, from golf to yard work to sex ( yeah I said it). I don’t accept excuses, you may beat me but I promise nobody is/was harder on me than I was on myself, as a “kid”. All I ask for is real effort and effort isn’t just what you put out it’s paying attention to what’s around you and listening to what you are suppose to do. Not saying the guys dont do it but I am saying that by God I expect them to do it and I’m not going to listen to anybody tell me that because my expectations are high they are wrong.

I expect them to be alright, I expect them to beat Clemson, Tech and Georgia and expect that because I would expect it of myself, this with us or against us stuff is fine in the locker room it’s unacceptable in public

And while I rant, these “kids” have agents, financial planners and high school coaches all who are there to assist in decisions, decisions that result in free educations that are valued at around $ 300,000.00 they obviously are more capable than the normal kid, but then again they are at Tech, I would expect no less !

Deleted member 2897

My angst isn’t directly related to the “kids”, it’s to some of you guys who defend what I see as indefensable. If we as fans can’t verbalize high expectations and frustrations then why are we fans ? Personal shots aren’t right I totally agree but it’s also totally fine to talk about missed tackles, due to form, and lining up correctly.

It has nothing to do with age. Honestly and I’m letting you in on an old mans secret, In my head I still see football from my 18-19 year old mind. When I did stretch out and dive for a ball slightly out of reach. When I ran stupidly head long into chain link fences because I was looking over my shoulder trying to catch a pass. When the grass smell intermingled with my sweat and when even though I couldn’t get my cleats on due to a swollen ankle I took some of the laces out and ran on the field, my limp going away during the play but being oh to obvious between plays. When I ripped my hand or forearm open trying to escape a tackle by someone whose fingernails were to dang long. The site of blood made me want more, maybe I’m a psycho, who knows ? But my old beat up body still imagines it can do the very things that I demand that those “kids” do today and truthfully that’s the way I think about everything, from golf to yard work to sex ( yeah I said it). I don’t accept excuses, you may beat me but I promise nobody is/was harder on me than I was on myself, as a “kid”. All I ask for is real effort and effort isn’t just what you put out it’s paying attention to what’s around you and listening to what you are suppose to do. Not saying the guys dont do it but I am saying that by God I expect them to do it and I’m not going to listen to anybody tell me that because my expectations are high they are wrong.

I expect them to be alright, I expect them to beat Clemson, Tech and Georgia and expect that because I would expect it of myself, this with us or against us stuff is fine in the locker room it’s unacceptable in public

And while I rant, these “kids” have agents, financial planners and high school coaches all who are there to assist in decisions, decisions that result in free educations that are valued at around $ 300,000.00 they obviously are more capable than the normal kid, but then again they are at Tech, I would expect no less !

I expect them to win every game and I’m sure they do too.

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck

You have certain enumerated rights delineated in the U.S. Constitution. You do NOT have a right to expect anything from Tech athletes.

Reads like some fans do not like getting a taste of their own medicine in a public forum.

You represent well keep it up. Interesting how some of you guys have totally ignored that I agreed that individual players shouldn’t be insulted. But it’s all good I’m sure you would be inspiring on the sideline. I guess I’d be safe if I just said good try will get em next time huh ?

BTW I’m sure you are right, they don’t care but I don’t remember saying they did, I’m talking to other fans on this board.

Last edited:

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Where the analogy is really stupid is comparing a football player being attacked by someone who doesn't even know him (and he doesn't know the attacker) and really doesn't have a clue about what's going on with the team. If somebody who doesn't even know you or work with you told you you were doing a crappy job, then I bet your reaction would be the same as Juanyeh. All of us on here, and that jerk who responded to the tweet, are total outsiders who don't know Juanyeh and whose opinions shouldn't mean squat to him.
WTF are we even talking about? All I've stated is AS A TEAM we are not good right. If my company was constantly in the red then we wouldn't be good right now either despite the fact we may show signs of something good every now and then. Maybe it's my fault my entire company sucked, maybe it's not. As a consumer/fan, I like to see W's. Not almost W's with good things sprinkled in.

WTF are we even talking about? All I've stated is AS A TEAM we are not good right. If my company was constantly in the red then we wouldn't be good right now either despite the fact we may show signs of something good every now and then. Maybe it's my fault my entire company sucked, maybe it's not. As a consumer/fan, I like to see W's. Not almost W's with good things sprinkled in.
I don't think you started it. Someone else posed the question as to how you would respond if somebody said YOU were not doing a good job. Then you posted that the analogy was stupid, and I added to what makes it stupid. I wasn't directing that comment as you, but at the person who started it all with his question.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I don't think you started it. Someone else posed the question as to how you would respond if somebody said YOU were not doing a good job. Then you posted that the analogy was stupid, and I added to what makes it stupid. I wasn't directing that comment as you, but at the person who started it all with his question.
He posted that question to me.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer

When you are watching the game with your buddies screaming "WTH are you doing?" to the TV is one thing. Posting things written in black and white on a forum or twitter doesn't carry the same superficial timing. I seriously doubt that any of the athletes would be particularly upset with an analytical analysis of what they or the team did wrong. They might believe that the poster is wrong, but I doubt they would be upset. When people post "fire the coach", "only 3-4 FBS players on the team", "team sucks", etc I can definitely understand them being upset. I haven't seen that you have posted any of those things, but they have been posted. Every time the GTAA posts a tweet the comments include such statements. I am sure he was responding to those such comments and not you personally.

BTW, the student-athlete that you are complaining about has removed that tweet and has posted that he found out this morning about a death in his family. Maybe it is time we lay off of him at least for a while.

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
When you are watching the game with your buddies screaming "WTH are you doing?" to the TV is one thing. Posting things written in black and white on a forum or twitter doesn't carry the same superficial timing. I seriously doubt that any of the athletes would be particularly upset with an analytical analysis of what they or the team did wrong. They might believe that the poster is wrong, but I doubt they would be upset. When people post "fire the coach", "only 3-4 FBS players on the team", "team sucks", etc I can definitely understand them being upset. I haven't seen that you have posted any of those things, but they have been posted. Every time the GTAA posts a tweet the comments include such statements. I am sure he was responding to those such comments and not you personally.

BTW, the student-athlete that you are complaining about has removed that tweet and has posted that he found out this morning about a death in his family. Maybe it is time we lay off of him at least for a while.

I didn’t think he was responding to me directly I was responding to the tweet generally, with that said,

If the player whose tweet that I took exception with happens to read any of this or has read any of my post about his earlier tweet, I sincerely apologize for antagonizing you in any way. I am sorry for your loss. Losing anyone, especially a loved one is much more important than any game or any stranger ranting as a fan, I’m sorry

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
That's nice to hear from someone who obviously knows. Did he frame that with any context like keep in mind that he was running the same speed option calls for the most part?
Nah, I got this third hand from Jackets Online. Kelly mentioned it. He did say that Oliver runs downhill faster and does not slow play or string it out as much as JT5 or Marshall tend to do. In other words, Oliver is more about getting to the edge as fast he can and cutting it upfield while Marshall will run the play wider. At least that is my impression.

LibertyTurns

Banned

I’m glad academics isn’t a sport. Getting an F- in one of my Chinese EE classes the same quarter I bagged a well earned/fought for D in Dynamics might have dominated the front page of the news.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
Nah, I got this third hand from Jackets Online. Kelly mentioned it. He did say that Oliver runs downhill faster and does not slow play or string it out as much as JT5 or Marshall tend to do. In other words, Oliver is more about getting to the edge as fast he can and cutting it upfield while Marshall will run the play wider. At least that is my impression.
Lol - I meant that Bedford knows the offense and I trust his evaluation. I agree that Oliver looked good getting to the edge and upfield. I hope CPJ can find ways to use him this year.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I can’t see the tweet now so I don’t know exactly what it was. No matter how bad...knowing Tech fans and mutts for 40+ years....either case is entirely possible.

The original tweet from the student athlete is gone. The troll tweet can still be seen in BuzzthePlumber's post -- about fourth post in this thread.