Juanyeh Thomas has a message for the fans!

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
It's one thing to discuss coaching, schemes, recruiting, etc which is all on the coaching staff who are paid public employees. But when someone disses on our players and calls them trash, then that someone needs his @ss kicked.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
Here is the thing, the fans should support these kids win or lose. They shouldn’t have to win for you to support them. If you only support them when they win, that is sad.

If you’re happiness/mood/outlook on life is wrapped up in the outcome of 18-22 year old playing a game, then you need to get some perspective.

I’ve been guilty of it many times, so I’m talking to myself here, too.

Being a GT fan says something about your character. It signifies that you are made of something; that you don’t choose the easy route. That’s what these young men have done. They chose GT. Let’s support them.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Well then win and we won't complain! Lol bust your butt in the gym and study film till your eyes hurt. Give it 200%. Then we will quiet down. I don't believe in blaming players, but some of our guys looked unprepared this last trip. Hopefully they get their butts in gear for a wet pitt game. Defense needs at minimum 2 turnovers this week.

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
If you’re happiness/mood/outlook on life is wrapped up in the outcome of 18-22 year old playing a game, then you need to get some perspective.

I’ve been guilty of it many times, so I’m talking to myself here, too.

Being a GT fan says something about your character. It signifies that you are made of something; that you don’t choose the easy route. That’s what these young men have done. They chose GT. Let’s support them.
Best thing I have read in a while ! Thanks for posting. I think I can safely say that most of us posters feel the same way. I HATE when Tech loses at anything ! But I love our SAs. As a former student/grad I, as do many of the posters , know how tough it is to balance all the work required to go to Tech. I have NEVER, and will NEVER call out a player by name. These are KIDS , football is a GAME, ENTERTAINMENT ! I have seen behavior at games with even young children , where the " fans " go berserk and yell terrible things at the players. To me, that's where all this behavior starts. And the " anonymity " the blogs affords , make us think we can take cheap shots without exposing ourselves. Suggestion : use the tools on this blog to call out offensive remarks to our SAs ( pretend you were a parent/guardian of one ) and each other , and let's restrain ourselves to keep all this in perspective ,as noted above.

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
Best thing I have read in a while ! Thanks for posting. I think I can safely say that most of us posters feel the same way. I HATE when Tech loses at anything ! But I love our SAs. As a former student/grad I, as do many of the posters , know how tough it is to balance all the work required to go to Tech. I have NEVER, and will NEVER call out a player by name. These are KIDS , football is a GAME, ENTERTAINMENT ! I have seen behavior at games with even young children , where the " fans " go berserk and yell terrible things at the players. To me, that's where all this behavior starts. And the " anonymity " the blogs affords , make us think we can take cheap shots without exposing ourselves. Suggestion : use the tools on this blog to call out offensive remarks to our SAs ( pretend you were a parent/guardian of one ) and each other , and let's restrain ourselves to keep all this in perspective ,as noted above.

Thanks. I’m not going to pretend I’m Lilly white and without blame on this. I’ve been guilty of it in the past. Like I said, it’s as much a reminder to myself as to anyone else.

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
Well then win and we won't complain! Lol bust your butt in the gym and study film till your eyes hurt. Give it 200%. Then we will quiet down. I don't believe in blaming players, but some of our guys looked unprepared this last trip. Hopefully they get their butts in gear for a wet pitt game. Defense needs at minimum 2 turnovers this week.
How do you know they are not already doing that ? Sometimes the other team is just better. If they are not prepared to play , then much of the blame falls on HC and coaches , IMO. TWO KR for TDs with virtually the same mistake on coverage ? Either the players are not listening , or the coaches cannot teach ! Either way , it falls on the HC. We hear the same mistakes every game/year : poor execution , missed assignments , blah , blah , blah. Ultimately , after all these years , the HC needs to take a hard look at ALL his assistants and his teaching methods.

Deleted member 2897

With all due respect, you are part of the problem, and not part of the solution. Its totally okay to be pissed at losing and pissed at the way we lost. But being a fan of Georgia Tech is a unique chair to be in. I could have NEVER played a sport at Tech, even if I were good enough - giving up 50 hours a week to practice, train, lift weights, etc. These guys are literally shedding blood, sweat, and tears to take the field for us. You think YOU'RE pissed? Imagine putting all that work in, only to have the game turnout the way it did.

My opinion is not the only one that matters, and I'm frequently wrong. But I strongly believe we need to support these guys UNCONDITIONALLY. If there need to be player changes, the coaches have that responsibility, not us. If there needs to be coaching changes, the coaches and the AD have that responsibility, not us. When these guys need us most, we need to be there for them. They need to be taking the field knowing that their fans are behind them 100%, not thinking in the back of their minds they don't want to screw something up or else they're going to get roasted on the internet. That's utterly ridiculous.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
With all due respect, you are part of the problem, and not part of the solution. Its totally okay to be pissed at losing and pissed at the way we lost. But being a fan of Georgia Tech is a unique chair to be in. I could have NEVER played a sport at Tech, even if I were good enough - giving up 50 hours a week to practice, train, lift weights, etc. These guys are literally shedding blood, sweat, and tears to take the field for us. You think YOU'RE pissed? Imagine putting all that work in, only to have the game turnout the way it did.

My opinion is not the only one that matters, and I'm frequently wrong. But I strongly believe we need to support these guys UNCONDITIONALLY. If there need to be player changes, the coaches have that responsibility, not us. If there needs to be coaching changes, the coaches and the AD have that responsibility, not us. When these guys need us most, we need to be there for them. They need to be taking the field knowing that their fans are behind them 100%, not thinking in the back of their minds they don't want to screw something up or else they're going to get roasted on the internet. That's utterly ridiculous.

That's just it though. I feel it is too tough. I personally feel the players are held to such a high academic standard that maybe they know to play they have to keep up academics but are so tired they cut back on the football aspect. Basically if they aren't spending 65-70 hours a week on school and football then it won't work at tech. It takes a special talent not just physically, but mentally to handle tech. Have to give up a social life to play here is my belief.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Support our players... even if you think they are wrong. Better to say nothing!
There is a space between posting blind approval of coaching or players being out of position and snarky comments about players effort or talents. A good place to start would be getting involved w gtaa football where ever u are.
AT raymond james gt will call Oline families lead the way. When Sitting instands w the families of players and coaches, u feel their commraderre- especially when a player is injured.

Most all of them can tell when one of the players has goofed up. They all know their son is far less than perfect and as well they know the other players are far less than perfect. They save the bad momments and add it to the good moment cheers .

20180908_102631.jpg

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
That's just it though. I feel it is too tough. I personally feel the players are held to such a high academic standard that maybe they know to play they have to keep up academics but are so tired they cut back on the football aspect. Basically if they aren't spending 65-70 hours a week on school and football then it won't work at tech. It takes a special talent not just physically, but mentally to handle tech. Have to give up a social life to play here is my belief.

I think there is something to this. At many other schools, it’s much easier to just focus primarily on playing your sport.

As a former QB at Ohio State said, “I didn’t come here to play school”.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
That's completely irrelevant to the point here.
No it’s not. I’m not going to sit here and call out our players/coaches and say they suck and their effort isn’t there because I don’t believe that but we are a bad to below average football team right now based off of everything we’ve seen from the beginning of last season to now. That Kevin guy is a complete **** but we, as a team, need to get a hell of a lot better. Maybe we all take things differently but IMO, saying we are a bad football team is a hell of a lot better than saying we have no talent.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
No it’s not. I’m not going to sit here and call out our players/coaches and say they suck and their effort isn’t there because I don’t believe that but we are a bad to below average football team right now based off of everything we’ve seen from the beginning of last season to now. That Kevin guy is a complete **** but we, as a team, need to get a hell of a lot better. Maybe we all take things differently but IMO, saying we are a bad football team is a hell of a lot better than saying we have no talent.
Bad football teams don’t put out 600 yards of offense. We have some weak areas for sure, but the whole team isn’t bad.

jeffgt14

Bad football teams don’t put out 600 yards of offense. We have some weak areas for sure, but the whole team isn’t bad.
Below average football teams don't make bowl games and blow 4th quarter leads. Why are we sugarcoating this? We aren't good and we need to improve. It's not damn rocket science. Start getting the W's and we won't have to come up with excuses of why we are not bad.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Below average football teams don't make bowl games and blow 4th quarter leads. Why are we sugarcoating this? We aren't good and we need to improve. It's not damn rocket science. Start getting the W's and we won't have to come up with excuses of why we are not bad.
We are a mixed bag of bad and good, that is plain to see from someone who doesn’t even know football. Yet some on here who talk football all the time can’t see it at all.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Every team has strengths and weaknesses. That is why this is a team sport. As a team, we are not very good.
And that is your opinion and I guess you’re entitled to it. But Just because we are not very good is not the same thing as being bad. “Very good” and “bad” are on opposite ends of the spectrum. In my opinion, we are an average team right now with the potential to be much better if we clean a few things up.

slugboy

Staff member
I was never good enough to play in college, but I remember having a losing season in high school. Some bans berated me and my teammates.
It didn’t motivate us; it just caused us to lose respect for those fans
If you want to motivate them, support them

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jeffgt14

And that is your opinion and I guess you’re entitled to it. But being not very good is not the same thing as being bad. Those are on opposite ends of the spectrum. In my opinion, we are an average team right now with the potential to be much better if we clean a few things up.
Well if bad is that far down the spectrum for you, then I will just rephrase to "below average". We can have differing opinions on below average vs average.

I do agree 100% that we have potential to be much better.