Josh Pastner?

CHE90

Jolly Good Fellow
Questions I have: will the current recruits stay , or recind their commitments? If this investigation continues for several months will Stansbury say that it is too damaging to Tech's future and pull he plug? If Pastner is found to have no involment will the stink continue to harm the program long term?
I'm not sure they can rescind their commitment without sitting out a year. Haven't they signed already?

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Fans are too down on this year just like they were too up about last year. Neither weighs particularly heavy on the long term. I am no more discouraged about the long term after this season than I was excited about the long term after last season. Recruiting looks solid for the long term and this season pretty much anything that could go wrong did - some of it Pastner's fault, some of it not.
upload_2018-2-19_21-19-50.png

D-man44

Helluva Engineer
I dont think he will survive
Good thing you are not making the decisions! If tech fires Pastner or lets him go for some bizarre reason I'm sure Devoe who is having the best year of his life would ask out of the signing and we would grant it considering the coach he committed to would be gone same risk goes for someone like Alvarado to transfer who is rehabbing an injury and could use the redshirt year.

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
Folks are taking crazy pills. Either that or this season just mentally broke our fan base.
I have stated this a couple of times ok. And that is the allegations against Pastner which rare the law suit pertaining to the Pendley woman of sexual misconduct I believe will last a long time. This from a major media report. Now if it is a long time my concern the effect on recruiting, fan base, and won-lost season. This could have a lingering effect. Also if Pastner is in someway not to be credible with his defense Tech would not be liable for the rest of his contract.

bigsands

Jolly Good Fellow
Barring additional off the court issues, Pastner will get his opportunity to turn all of this around. I still believe that his job will be much more difficult due to the inevitable negative recruiting that he will face.

Unfortunately, the impact of all this might play out in slow motion in front of us for a few more years. Preview of discussion in a couple of years: "Sure his record is bad, but he might finally have all of the negative off the court publicity behind him. What will the lack of an extension due to recruiting? Do we double down on a guy with a poor track record?"

Clearly, his associations have put his career and the program in peril and it is not an enjoyable line of discussion. I hope it is resolved and Pastner has success with the GT basketball program, but the odds are not in his favor.

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
The people calling for pastner to be fired just aren't smart. Its obvious they don't know that much about the basketball program right now
Gold do you know anything about extreme wrong doing with sexual offenses that are being investigated with legal law suits against a person head of a business and what those consequences could do with a lengthy amount of time. Yes he may make through, but how much damage to the business could be forth coming.

D-man44

Helluva Engineer
I have stated this a couple of times ok. And that is the allegations against Pastner which rare the law suit pertaining to the Pendley woman of sexual misconduct I believe will last a long time. This from a major media report. Now if it is a long time my concern the effect on recruiting, fan base, and won-lost season. This could have a lingering effect. Also if Pastner is in someway not to be credible with his defense Tech would not be liable for the rest of his contract.
Who we hiring dude no one answers that.

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
Wha? I simply tried to have a rational conversation on the internet. Seems like reasonable folks should be able to convene on the web and calmly discuss ... ah ok, I hear it now. Yep, totally my fault. :cigar:
This problem is not going to be limited to discussion in a closet unless it gets to damning then it may be discussed in a bathroom.