Josh Pastner?

Just heard on Greenville sports talk that Josh is being charged with sexual assault. Anyone know anything? I admittedly only heard the tail end of story.

Gtfrom718

Georgia Tech Fan
Even if it’s not true but GT wants enough of the drama and decides to part ways with Pastner, expect a transfer from Jose and decommits from 2/3 2018 class.

tatertot1

Ramblin' Wreck
I hate to say this but this is bs, this thing is getting out of hand screw bell he wants what Partner has a college basketball job at a Great Institute hope Pastner never leaves us honestly it's just stupid Bell is doing even doing this way stupid

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Now we get a sense of why Pastner sued Bell and his GF recently. He specifically mentioned being accused of sexual assault in his lawsuit, so Pastner knew this was likely coming.

Pastner isn't going anywhere. Unless he was found guilty of this - which seems highly unlikely. Without a guilty verdict GT does not have an ability to fire with cause. To fire without cause would mean paying Pastner 100% of the remaining value of his contract. GT is clearly not in a position to do that.

Jacket Forever

Jolly Good Fellow
I’m not an attorney, but this legal action by Pendley and Bell should not be unexpected as a result of lawsuit filed by Pastner against Bell last month or so. I wouldn’t say there’s absolutely nothing to worry about, but I strongly suspect Pastner and Tech knew this coming from Pendley and Bell, are legally prepared for it and that it will generally work out in Pastner’s and Tech’s favor.

BonafideJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
It's obvious this was a planned move by Bell and Pendrey (and by extension their attorneys - Paul Gattone & Ashley Gilpin). Leak of pics of the counterclaim (clearly taken by the attorneys themselves as the copies are not yet stamped) coinciding with local news story/hatchet job.

Caveat that I'm not familiar with AZ law, but based on the complete lack of pleading any corroborating evidence, I don't see any way this allegation survives a motion to dismiss.

Oh, and the fact that has been no whiff of law enforcement involvement/investigation of what would be a heinous crime if true.