Josh Pastner?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I think what we're seeing with all these national reports is:

(a) They don't actually pay attention to us. I get that, but if you're going to write a piece like that you have to do an appropriate amount of legwork .. which brings me to ...

(b) Their legwork is sloppy. Obvious facts and factors which contribute to getting to the meat of the actual story are simply being glossed over or outright ignored,

(c) These reports are the affect (or 'effect') of the #metoo movement and sports media trying to capitalize on the attention it's garnering and

This brings me to the most important point, and a point I've been making for years now, the field of "journalism" is simply dead. It's all about attention and not much else.

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
flipped off the ignore button (for some unknown reason)

If youre concerned about the content of that article youre just overly concerned and hunting for drama. In my eyes that article clearly paints some of you gu.....I mean....Ron....is an unfavorable light. If that is indeed an accurate telling of how things went down, it clearly looks like extortion, especially the timeline of events that led to the assault allegation.
To a degree I agree to what you say! I'm mostly concerned with length of time this may take which might affect recruiting, leadership, fan base, and maybe affect on the court itself. Thank you for your reply!

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
I think what we're seeing with all these national reports is:

(a) They don't actually pay attention to us. I get that, but if you're going to write a piece like that you have to do an appropriate amount of legwork .. which brings me to ...

(b) Their legwork is sloppy. Obvious facts and factors which contribute to getting to the meat of the actual story are simply being glossed over or outright ignored,

(c) These reports are the affect (or 'effect') of the #metoo movement and sports media trying to capitalize on the attention it's garnering and

This brings me to the most important point, and a point I've been making for years now, the field of "journalism" is simply dead. It's all about attention and not much else.
Exactly...such as the fact that the suspensions for Jackson and Okogie, for obtaining impermissible benefits from Bell, were in each case three games less than the NCAA standard for the $$ amounts involved. Any reasonable person would be able to recognize the reduced penalties as tacit acknowledgement by the NCAA that the infractions were the result of malicious entrapment by Bell...yet when the suspensions are brought up in the media, there is mention of the fact the penalties were reduced.

Since when does the NCAA do something like that...for anyone except (u)NC? Their SOP is to be heavy-handed with the little stuff like this, to show that...you know...they're serious about all infractions except for those by their big bread-winners.

motynes

Jolly Good Fellow
Good gracious.... After reading this I would be very surprised if Pastner is around for next year. As soon as pre trial rolls around and the slightest bit of damaging evidence comes out. GT will lay the hammer on Pastner. This is just been a nightmare of a season on and off the court. Please bring on the offseason!

https://www.si.com/college-basketba...sh-pastner-lawsuit-sexual-assault-allegations

That is just a silly statement. After seeing this article it becomes apparent, or atleast seems, to me that Ron sought CJP out with a premeditation to extort him. CPJ, while trying to be nice, made some poor choices in letting this nutball in. It truly seems like a Soprano’s episode.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I stopped reading the si article when they acted like we would have fired him strictly on performance this year. In year 2. Lol

Thanks for pointing this out, I remember laughing when I read that one. Showed a complete lack of understanding what has to happen to fire a coach - also made it clear he hadn't looked at the contract details that closely.

MiracleWhips

Ramblin' Wreck
That is just a silly statement. After seeing this article it becomes apparent, or atleast seems, to me that Ron sought CJP out with a premeditation to extort him. CPJ, while trying to be nice, made some poor choices in letting this nutball in. It truly seems like a Soprano’s episode.
It's not about this sexual assault case being true or not. It's about the fact this onion is being peeled and who knows what could surface aside from this. Everything is NOT ok lol. You can be in denial if you want.

crut

Helluva Engineer
lol say what you want buddy. just speaking facts. With the way this season is going GT is looking for the perfect storm to part ways. Trust me.
I dunno guys. Should we trust random message board guy or the Athletic Director and everyone in the know when it comes to GT basketball?

A sociopath would tell me to "trust him" for no reason....

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I dunno guys. Should we trust random message board guy or the Athletic Director and everyone in the know when it comes to GT basketball?

Clearly the answer is rando message board guy. Where do I collect my prize? :yawn:

Seriously though, this thread has run it's course until some new info is available.

msargent1

Jolly Good Fellow
It's not about this sexual assault case being true or not. It's about the fact this onion is being peeled and who knows what could surface aside from this. Everything is NOT ok lol. You can be in denial if you want.

Cons only work when people feel sorry for you or if they think they have something to gain ... your cover is blown dude.

MiracleWhips

Ramblin' Wreck
Why would the AD come out publicly and say that we don't support him especially before any evidence has been revealed. Please don't fall for the ploy.

New Old Guy

Jolly Good Fellow
Will you guys please stop replying to Ron? I see your comments, and it makes me take him off “ignore” temporarily (just like Peac, I guess).

And GT EE, it’s Ron Bell, not Ball.