Josh Pastner?

crut

Helluva Engineer
What bothers me the most is.... why Josh Pastner is even close friends with this Ron Bell and his girlfriend and gave them access to any Memphis or Georgia Tech Players. That to me is unacceptable and he should be dismissed!

Dude he was being nice to a broken man. You're literally evil if you think that his actions are worthy of him losing him job. You're opinion is so ridiculous I feel silly giving it a comment back.

D-man44

Helluva Engineer
What bothers me the most is.... why Josh Pastner is even close friends with this Ron Bell and his girlfriend and gave them access to any Memphis or Georgia Tech Players. That to me is unacceptable and he should be dismissed!
I'm all for it lets bring Mark Price in he is probably the only guy that would want the job.

GTFLETCH

Banned
Dude he was being nice to a broken man. You're literally evil if you think that his actions are worthy of him losing him job. You're opinion is so ridiculous I feel silly giving it a comment back.
Being nice to a broken man is one thing, allowing that same broken man access to the college program you coach (Memphis or Georgia Tech) is not very smart. Why Ron Bell would drive from Arizona to Memphis or Georgia Tech is beyond me. Why Coach Pastner would let that same broken man come to a game in Texas is beyond me. He has a duty and obligation to protect his team and the school he works for. He has failed to do so at Georgia Tech!

crut

Helluva Engineer
Being nice to a broken man is one thing, allowing that same broken man access to the college program you coach (Memphis or Georgia Tech) is not very smart. Why Ron Bell would drive from Arizona to Memphis or Georgia Tech is beyond me. Why Coach Pastner would let that same broken man come to a game in Texas is beyond me. He has a duty and obligation to protect his team and the school he works for. He has failed to do so at Georgia Tech!

Dude he didn't know he was a sociopath until like 6 months ago. You wouldn't have either.

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
Dude, my job puts me around these type of people every single day at work. Unless you are family or a therapist you should NEVER get close to them!

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
No one said we were. Folks took what I said and, instead of actually reading/understanding what I wrote, decided to clamp on the gold-colored glasses and circle the wagons around Pastner.
Not so much what you said...you have been rational throughout. But there have been a small handful of other folks....whew!

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
No doubt the whole situation is awful, but if Pastner is fired, here's what we likely get: DeVoe asks for a release from his LOI, Okogie takes his chances on finding a spot in the D league at least, we finish last in the ACC next year, the rebuild is set back at least 2 years, and no coach in his right mind would take the job. Most likely, we just give it to Reveno. Even if we get to fire Pastner for cause, TStan, a football guy, is not going to divert money from football upgrades to luring a quality basketball coach. Our best hope is that Pastner is telling the truth and is able to prevail in this matter, put it behind him, land some good recruits and get this program trending upward. If we are forced to fire Pastner, our bball program is a hopeless cause for at least several more years. Pastner may or may not be the right guy long term, but I see him as literally our only hope right now so heck yeah, I'm rooting for him.

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
No doubt the whole situation is awful, but if Pastner is fired, here's what we likely get: DeVoe asks for a release from his LOI, Okogie takes his chances on finding a spot in the D league at least, we finish last in the ACC next year, the rebuild is set back at least 2 years, and no coach in his right mind would take the job. Most likely, we just give it to Reveno. Even if we get to fire Pastner for cause, TStan, a football guy, is not going to divert money from football upgrades to luring a quality basketball coach. Our best hope is that Pastner is telling the truth and is able to prevail in this matter, put it behind him, land some good recruits and get this program trending upward. If we are forced to fire Pastner, our bball program is a hopeless cause for at least several more years. Pastner may or may not be the right guy long term, but I see him as literally our only hope right now so heck yeah, I'm rooting for him.
My only problem is how long could this play out.

GTFLETCH

Banned
This whole story is just weird. You would think he would have better judgement than to allow this toxic guy to be around college kids. Stansbury has a tough (or maybe not so tough) decision to make. After a promising year last year, the whole program has gone in the toilet and is a joke. Where is the light at the end of the tunnel? Not sure I would send my kid to play for him.