Joe Hamilton on 680

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
Calvin Johnson is on record as hating the 3O also. Sorry, but very few players like the 3O. Thus, our recruiting.

I would like to see us chunk the 3O for the bowl game and go with James Graham in a shotgun based spread. Might as well get a jump on next year.

I know a former player that hates it as well. Very few of our greats would have come here if they had to play in the TO.

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
So you are on record that CPJ gets credit for his first two years?

He gets credit for doing more with Gailey’s players than he ever did with his own. Best 2 year stretch for Johnson was his first 2 years. There is a reason for that. That reason is the 07 class. Johnson is not leaving anything like that behind.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
He gets credit for doing more with Gailey’s players than he ever did with his own. Best 2 year stretch for Johnson was his first 2 years. There is a reason for that. That reason is the 07 class. Johnson is not leaving anything like that behind.
He also did more with his own players in 2014 (y)

If our 4star qb throws and run all over people will you give CPJ credit for recruiting him? When Parker Braun is an All American will you give CPJ credit for recruiting him?

You make it seem like we have bad players now. We don't have bad players, and insinuating they're bad is a bad look.

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
The cupboard certainly wasn't bare in 2008 now was it...

Not at all.

Derrick Morgan
Morgan Burnette
Michael Johnson
Vance Walker
Andrew Gardener
Johnathan Dwyer
Demarious Thomas

Gailey left Johnson pros. The next coach will not be inheriting that type of talent by a long shot.

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
He also did more with his own players in 2014 (y)

If our 4star qb throws and run all over people will you give CPJ credit for recruiting him? When Parker Braun is an All American will you give CPJ credit for recruiting him?

You make it seem like we have bad players now. We don't have bad players, and insinuating they're bad is a bad look.

Go look at our 08 roster and get back to me.

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
2007 roster was pretty good too. 2006 was straight fire. I don't remember Gailey winning 9+

You are on record for giving CPJ credit, so we're all good.

No doubt. I’ve never said Johnson couldn’t coach. To the contrary. I think he’s a good coach.

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
2011 8 wins, 2014 11 wins, 2016 9 wins, now go all the way back to 1969 and show me that kind of success at Tech.......

11 & 16 we weren’t even top 25 teams so those teams were nothing special. The 16 team wasn’t ranked once all season.

56JacketDE

GT Athlete
2011 8 wins, 2014 11 wins, 2016 9 wins, now go all the way back to 1969 and show me that kind of success at Tech.......

well we play more games now don't we? so more chances to get more wins... fair point?

We also play more alcorn states, Jax States, MTSU's, Gardner Webb, Bowling Green,
South Carolina State, western carolina, presbyterian, etc ... i would say high probability of winning those when you schedule them..?

How many times in 11 season did we finish the season ranked in the top 25 final poll, any final poll? I am curious, I do not know... to me that is more of a barometer of how we were each season

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
That’s good to hear. I did not get the sense today that he had much respect for CPJ.

Maybe. If a former player wants access to facilities etc it’s not smart to trash the HC. Former HCs are another matter. Either way he made a boob of himself today. Hoping it was a one off. It’s hard to believe he has any kind of show but the fact that he does...and showed so poorly today.....well.

Lmao...Juanyeh, Carpenter, Thomas, and all the rest certainly appreciate your support. No one knows how good that class will be yet and you are a damn fool if you think you do.

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
Maybe. If a former player wants access to facilities etc it’s not smart to trash the HC. Former HCs are another matter. Either way he made a boob of himself today. Hoping it was a one off. It’s hard to believe he has any kind of show but the fact that he does...and showed so poorly today

Lmao...Juanyeh, Carpenter, Thomas, and all the rest certainly appreciate your support. No one knows how good that class will be yet and you are a damn fool if you think you do.

Whiskey I appreciate your passion but question your evaluation of talent. That 07 class was special. With that said if this team has 8 kids on it with legitimate careers in the NFL I will happily eat my words. For the record none of Johnson’s teams since 11 have been close to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.