Joe Hamilton on 680

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
IN HIS OPINION -& best I can recall

If we hire another TO coach he will vomit.

In referencing CPJ presser (regarding the kids on campus now) comments that the players on campus now grew up as football players and could adjust to other systems, Joe said it would Not be that easy. Mainly due to W/R and having to get a TE. But best for GT to make system change.

CPJ should go out as he wishes, but wonders about the wisdom of letting him coach bowl game.

In talking about a coaches temperment, that GO'L was his favorite. "He was a Grinch, but he was my Grinch"

Best I can quickly recall, but others may have better summary.

Interesting regardless.

melloace

Jolly Good Fellow
Why wouldn't it be good for CPJ to coach the bowl game? It takes pressure of a new hire to not have to get the team ready for a bowl and it let's coach who has gave us his all go off with one last good game. I love Hamilton the player, but some of the things he says just seems like he's just talking to talk.

Foxyg

Jolly Good Fellow
Joe got hired at Tech where he's a legend and managed to piss it away on substance abuse issues.

The past two times I've seen Joe at games in the past 5 years he's been drunk as a skunk. Not that I'm above doing that too, but I'm not Joe Hamilton.

Love Joe, but he can shut the hell up.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Did he expound on why he wouldn't want CPJ to coach the bowl game? Let Woody coach it for no reason? The new coach is gonna install an offense in less than a month?

All due respect to a Tech legend, but this is a lot of sour grapes and it's disappointing to hear him join in with the rest of the ATL sports media.

T-Bone Burdell

Georgia Tech Fan
Joe Hamilton - The guy who was hired by Paul Johnson in 2008, had to be fired because he got a DUI with mj possession, went and paid his penance at GSU for a few years, and then was RE-HIRED by Paul Johnson at GT in 2013? That Joe Hamilton?
Why the **** is he pissing all over Paul Johnson?

TaxJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
upload_2018-11-29_17-36-11.png

buzzed

Jolly Good Fellow
Did he expound on why he wouldn't want CPJ to coach the bowl game? Let Woody coach it for no reason? The new coach is gonna install an offense in less than a month?

All due respect to a Tech legend, but this is a lot of sour grapes and it's disappointing to hear him join in with the rest of the ATL sports media.
His “logic” had something to do with recruiting, but it’s not like we couldn’t have a new coach in place while CPJ coaches for the bowl game.

Joe Ham is always pretty annoying when he talks about GT. It feels like he just wants to be part of the local “B level radio personality”club and mainly just regurgitates the usual narratives.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
Why wouldn't it be good for CPJ to coach the bowl game? It takes pressure of a new hire to not have to get the team ready for a bowl and it let's coach who has gave us his all go off with one last good game. I love Hamilton the player, but some of the things he says just seems like he's just talking to talk.

Eve if CPJ did not coach the bowl game,a new coach would not do it. It would be someone on the staff who knows the system, the playbook, and the players.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
What would be advantage of him not coaching bowl game? I mean, I want to win that game. Pretty sure having CPJ coaching improves our chances.
For what it's worth, I agree. I mean, why not coach the game? Does Hamilton think he is gonna throw it? I mean, stop being a typical jock and get real. Hamilton as a football player was fine. Otherwise, not so much. Of all the things Johnson said, the most encouraging was that after all, these guys are football players and it ain't that hard to switch. (After all, they flipped for Johnson the first year, didn't they?) Hamilton has a problem.

Deleted member 2897

So lets recap:

1) Don't hire another TO coach.
2) Hiring a non-TO coach will be a difficult transition.

Well, the reverse happened with CPJ:
1) Don't hire that TO system.
2) Hiring that new system will be a difficult transition.

Thanks for your input Joe. Respect you as a GT guy, but come on man. Relentless positivity please.

Personally, I think we need to move on just like we did with Russell. But I will be firmly behind whoever we choose to hire. And if its a new offense, I think we'll be fine. We have TEs. But we don't need a TE either. I think a lot of our guys are actually better suited for a slightly different offense - James Graham, Lucas Johnson, our incoming QBs, even folks like Nate Cottrell - man, you play in an offense where there aren't 9 guys on the line and let Nate get open in some space - shew. Adonicas Sanders, Stephen Dolphus, Jair - those burners would be fine too. Line me up some Juanyeh in a 4/5 receiver set.

Status
Not open for further replies.