Hey is it time to talk Uni's

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I don't understand why we can't get something as simple as a uniform right. Tech doesn't need a gimmick-y uniform. Updated? Yes. But traditional. Maybe one trick uniform for special games, but please Lord not the Green Leprechaun one Notre Dame wore. (Probably the ugliest uniform I've ever seen!)

And while they are at it ... update the merchandising program. Or at least have a professional one.

Personally, I like what Nike has done.

Whatever, please do NOT build infinity pools, cabanas, water parks, or any other nonsense to sell tickets to BDS. Just focus on a winning team and solid game day experience.

Not that I necessarily dislike Nike, but I just have a feeling if we did sign with them for anything more than a pittance, that simple/traditional would be gone. Just a feeling. I think swoosh would drag us down the UMd type designs.

Who knows.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Ramblinwreck.jpg

e47d59d7897d2ceb6fe627447b6787f0.jpg

220px-Ga_Tech_Homecoming_1969-1.jpg

Part of the problem

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Not that I necessarily dislike Nike, but I just have a feeling if we did sign with them for anything more than a pittance, that simple/traditional would be gone. Just a feeling. I think swoosh would drag us down the UMd type designs.

Who knows.

I personally don't buy Nike products. But, they did a phenom job rebranding Tennessee.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Sorry I should have said the "CURRENT" Ramblin reck color.

I spoke to a number of folks in merchandising and the universal response (like, 100%) was that Old Gold is very difficult to reproduce accurately. That's one reason why there are so many variations of hats, shirts, etc ... no one, including Tech, can get the shade right.

One thing I don't want to see us do is go with Buzz Gold on everything. It reminds me of my high school basketball team. Even the coach describes us a "scrambled eggs and burnt toast".

I spoke to a number of folks in merchandising and the universal response (like, 100%) was that Old Gold is very difficult to reproduce accurately. That's one reason why there are so many variations of hats, shirts, etc ... no one, including Tech, can get the shade right.

One thing I don't want to see us do is go with Buzz Gold on everything. It reminds me of my high school basketball team. Even the coach describes us a "scrambled eggs and burnt toast".
Old Gold is very difficult to reproduce accurately
With today's technology, I find that a little hard to believe. But even so, just pick a standard and stick with it. Any shade of gold will work, as long as it's gold, and not blue, or black, or gray, or green, or whatever other ridiculous color they CHOOSE to use instead.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
With today's technology, I find that a little hard to believe. But even so, just pick a standard and stick with it. Any shade of gold will work, as long as it's gold, and not blue, or black, or gray, or green, or whatever other ridiculous color they CHOOSE to use instead.

Crazy isn't it? A lot of traditional Pantone colors don't reproduce well on the web, so there are different versions depending on the medium. A given version of (insert color) will look different based on web, print, fabric etc.

My avatar for example, is a hat design based on the old Rat hats. Technically, it's not Old Gold because of the vendors difficulty creating that shade. So, as you said, it's in a slightly different shade ... as were the Rat caps. But reproducible.

Hopefully our incoming students show out in their free GRAY Georgetown Hoyas Georgia Tech shirt.

http://admission.gatech.edu/give-1-get-1

Gray is new to me. Makes me think Admissions is:

a) Thumping their chest because they saved a couple cents with this color choice, or
b) Lacking any awareness in how to integrate with athletics, or
c) all of the above

WOW !!!! SMDH

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Hopefully our incoming students show out in their free GRAY Georgetown Hoyas Georgia Tech shirt.

http://admission.gatech.edu/give-1-get-1

Gray is new to me. Makes me think Admissions is:

a) Thumping their chest because they saved a couple cents with this color choice, or
b) Lacking any awareness in how to integrate with athletics, or
c) all of the above

Damn could they at least made them in WHITE if GOLD is too difficult????? Like @Supersizethatorder-mutt SMDH