Hey is it time to talk Uni's

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Why does GT fail at brand identity so hard? We have two colors. TWO. Use those!!

This is the great mystery. One of the reasons I like Tennessee's branding is that Nike did a complete overhaul of all of the branding for the University. Three colors (white, burnt orange, gray) and all vendors have to align to it.

Tech, on the other hand, owns the branding and not GTAA. So it's a constant fight as to who is the decision maker. And they would brand lawnmower with a GT logo if it made them twenty cents.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Crazy isn't it? A lot of traditional Pantone colors don't reproduce well on the web, so there are different versions depending on the medium. A given version of (insert color) will look different based on web, print, fabric etc.

My avatar for example, is a hat design based on the old Rat hats. Technically, it's not Old Gold because of the vendors difficulty creating that shade. So, as you said, it's in a slightly different shade ... as were the Rat caps. But reproducible.

2 days ago I was thinking about your avatar while reading posts.

That, to me, is about the perfect Old Gold as long as used with White numbers and trim. It makes the White really pop. I think it would look horrible, however with dark numbers or trim.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
This is the great mystery. One of the reasons I like Tennessee's branding is that Nike did a complete overhaul of all of the branding for the University. Three colors (white, burnt orange, gray) and all vendors have to align to it.

Tech, on the other hand, owns the branding and not GTAA. So it's a constant fight as to who is the decision maker. And they would brand lawnmower with a GT logo if it made them twenty cents.

Tenn really is not "Burnt" Orange. Texas uses, officially, Burnt Orange. Check their branding and see how good it looks with just 2 colors.

I think we could get similar results with White and the Gold used in your avatar.

But, as many have said, we seem to want to make it harder than it should be.

Might be a good idea for you to communicate to TStan your color ideas and the use of 2 colors.

Milwaukee

Banned
I wouldn't overanalyze the grey tshirts too much. Grey is a neutral color that goes with everything and every school offers it. I have a couple of grey GT hoodies with either gold or navy font on them. Our branding seems to be off, but the case of grey tshirts doesn't irk me.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Adidas had a slogan "we are the takers". If I had to guess it's looking like we are going with them.
IMG_1044.PNG