Here's a COVID thread for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
Suck it up ... buttercup

Haha will do. I'm pretty tough overall. I just meant more along the lines of is it better to maybe pop a couple aleve right after getting it. My brother and girlfriend both had slightly rough experiences on the second so just trying to be proactive. Haha

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Definitely go with acetaminophen or ibuprofen for 24-36 hours after getting the second shot. I waited about 6 hours after my second shot before taking anything and did fine. Your mileage may vary 😊

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Haha will do. I'm pretty tough overall. I just meant more along the lines of is it better to maybe pop a couple aleve right after getting it. My brother and girlfriend both had slightly rough experiences on the second so just trying to be proactive. Haha
I took Aleve about 5 hours after the shot and 2 more in 12-hour intervals. Also, drank gatorage/powerade, binged Netflix, and ate Chinese food.

Got a tired, but not fatigued after 24-30 hours with mild waves of a euphoric feeling.

Basically, I took shot # 2, turned it sideways, and shove that sumbitch right up COVID's candy ***!

Now I'm the ultimate Alpha male who will lay waste to all of you soy boy beta cucks!

This is the type of bull**** nonsense you want all of us to type, right @Milwaukee?

Deleted member 2897

My right shoulder was sore for 4 days after. But who cares, it stops Covid. I woke up at 2am that night feeling like I was starting to feel sick, but then felt fine in the morning and ran 15 miles. Never took anything for pain. Other than at 2am never felt weird or sick or anything. My wife said she felt mildly blah the next day but that was it. My daughter and all 4 parents and in-laws never felt bad.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
My right shoulder was sore for 4 days after. But who cares, it stops Covid. I woke up at 2am that night feeling like I was starting to feel sick, but then felt fine in the morning and ran 15 miles. Never took anything for pain. Other than at 2am never felt weird or sick or anything. My wife said she felt mildly blah the next day but that was it. My daughter and all 4 parents and in-laws never felt bad.
So which vaccine are you guys talking about? From people I know Moderna seems to have a higher incidence of reactions other than a sore shoulder than Pfizer. Everyone I know who had J&J (very small number) felt bad for several days.

Deleted member 2897

So which vaccine are you guys talking about? From people I know Moderna seems to have a higher incidence of reactions other than a sore shoulder than Pfizer. Everyone I know who had J&J (very small number) felt bad for several days.
My wife, daughter, and I had Pfizer. I am not sure, but I feel like all of our parents and in-laws had Moderna.

Deleted member 2897

Couple random tidbits:

1) We passed 230 million vaccine shots. Incredible.

2) A recent CDC study of breakthrough cases in a nursing home of fully vaccinated individuals found zero secondary transmission from them.

So even inside in tight confines, vaccinated people who pick up Covid aren’t spreading it.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
My dad had Moderna. No significant side effects other than sore arm.

I had Pfizer.

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
Any advice/recommendations prior to dose #2?
Have some Tylenol ready.

My shoulder was very very sore at about the 24 hour mark. My wife had mild flu symptoms for a day. After 36-48 hours everything was normal. Get some sun and Tylenol and you should be good.

Deleted member 2897

The science says you shouldn’t be in a big crowd of strangers anywhere right now. If you’ve been vaccinated, I guess you could if you’re not immunocompromised.

Here is part of the new guidance: “Americans who are fully vaccinated against the coronavirus no longer need to wear masks outdoors if they’re walking, running, hiking or biking alone.”

You don’t need to wear a mask unvaccinated either. This is ****ing stupid. CDC people and experts like Dr. Fauci have been on TV all day talking about how in these sorts of situations they’ve never had any transmission of Covid.

What a bunch of embarrassing *** clowns.

Last edited by a moderator:

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
The only time I've worn one outdoors since this started was at The Dodd the other night because it was forced.

Deleted member 2897

April 27, 2021
Ron Obvious, Staff Writer
Atlanta Urinal Constipation

[April 27, 2021 - Atlanta, Ga, 12:30pm EST] Bowing to pressure from the local community at GTSwarm, today Dr. Rochelle Walenski held a press conference updating the CDC's official guidance on mask wearing.

“Americans who are fully vaccinated against the coronavirus no longer need to wear masks outdoors if they’re walking, running, hiking or biking alone," she began. TVs all throughout the metro area were immediately destroyed as viewers began throwing things at the screens.

"Nobody had to wear masks outdoors while alone outdoors in the first place. There is literally no evidence of any transmission from doing that, and they've said so themselves. I have no idea what they're doing down there on Clifton [the street is typically referenced when referring to their headquarters]," replied Keith Myath, long time Atlanta resident and GTSwarm member.

Indeed, the famous (or infamous depending on who you ask) Dr. Anthony Fauci appeared on TV today stating, "there has never been any evidence of transmission of the virus while alone outdoors, so we feel quite comfortable at this point allowing vaccinated people to stop wearing masks in those situations." Eileen Dover, a reporter with CBS immediately asked a quite astute follow up question, "If you've never seen any evidence of transmission in those circumstances, then why do unvaccinated people have to continue wearing masks while alone outdoors?" Dr. Fauci responded, "Look, our job is to follow the dater. And while the dater currently says there is zero risk, we aren't sure if somewhere in the world at some point in the next 100 years if 1 single person somewhere might pick up the disease. So we will keep following the dater, and will update our guidance as appropriate." The rest of the press nodded furiously and emailed Dr. Fauci love letters.

A local CDC critic who is a frequent interview guest of mine, Ben Dover (who also is partner in local personal injury firm Ben Dover & C. Howitt Fields) suggested the CDC headquarters be blown up and burned to the ground. "Honestly, what value are they really providing to this country?" When asked about what several thousand unemployed people would then do to support their families, "Why don't we dress them all up as clowns and build a huge clown-themed amusement park where the CDC headquarters used to be." Seems apropos given their lack of science-based leadership and guidance over the last year if you ask me.

Deleted member 2897

The CDC Director just said on the national news that the science changed about outdoor activities which led them to remove the recommendations around wearing masks while running, riding a bike, etc. the science did not change. It’s the same virus and the same data as it has always been. These people are crazy idiots.

Status
Not open for further replies.