Here's a COVID thread for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 2897

No, the point is they didn’t understand the reaction and took a timeout to figure out what was happening and how to treat it. Now they know what to do when they see it. Perfectly logical and evidently understood by most people.

The fundamentals of their actions were fine. The hysteria has now ruined its use and perception in the public. Remember, the CDC Director said when asked about who should get J&J: “if you can’t get any other vaccine”. 🤣

GT_EE78

Banned
well, let’s run our society during a pandemic based on polls and not science. 🤩

I am not saying that they should not study the data and gather more information, with apologies for the double negative. But when you’ve given out 10 million shots and you have less than one handful of even suspected deaths, and barely 10 people with suspected serious side effects, the hysteria was completely unwarranted, and still is.

based on the latest data, the death rate from getting the vaccine is about 1/10000th That from Covid.
sure the number of test subjects is more than adequate, but how long does it take to do the long term safety tests that were waived?
we'll be reading about sideeffects for years to come and hopefully those will not amount to a hill of beans.......
as far as i know last year's tests were the first time mRNA has been given to humans.
a Harvard/MIT study (still being peer reviewed) suggests that mRNA might alter one's DNA.
How long would that take to study/test?

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
California's 7 day average is down 15% in the last 30 days while Florida's is up 30%. While I don't doubt that warm weather states are recovering faster than cold weather states for obvious reasons, im not sure strict rules are causing infections.
I never suggested that strict rules cause infections, that's a silly thought. I merely implied that strict rules have done little or nothing to reduce infections.The total death rates definitively demonstrate that to all but the most partisan observers.

Deleted member 2897

sure the number of test subjects is more than adequate, but how long does it take to do the long term safety tests that were waived?
we'll be reading about sideeffects for years to come and hopefully those will not amount to a hill of beans.......
as far as i know last year's tests were the first time mRNA has been given to humans.
a Harvard/MIT study (still being peer reviewed) suggests that mRNA might alter one's DNA.

I don’t know, but I’ve turned into a gorilla and it’s pretty cool. Just think of all the good party jokes I have now, asking people about the 800 pound gorilla in the room.

GT_EE78

Banned
I don’t know, but I’ve turned into a gorilla and it’s pretty cool. Just think of all the good party jokes I have now, asking people about the 800 pound gorilla in the room.
I'm hoping that it will cure my "male pattern baldness"
1619289580634.jpeg

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
The fundamentals of their actions were fine. The hysteria has now ruined its use and perception in the public. Remember, the CDC Director said when asked about who should get J&J: “if you can’t get any other vaccine”. 🤣
Think you are over reacting. But we’ll see. I know people who are still asking for it because of the one shot regimen.

Deleted member 2897

Think you are over reacting. But we’ll see. I know people who are still asking for it because of the one shot regimen.

Being 1 shot and not needing to be stored at -1000F are huge positives. And it’s highly highly effective at keeping people out of the hospital.

Deleted member 2897

It’s ****ing funny reading articles like this where the journalists and health experts ask so many rhetorical questions. Any chance they’ll put it together and follow the group that opened back up 2 months ago? We’ll see. Many of these states are at the very bottom in employment. You’d think after watching your siblings run around freely, make lots of money, and be similarly as safe, you’d figure it out. LOL.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
It’s ****ing funny reading articles like this where the journalists and health experts ask so many rhetorical questions. Any chance they’ll put it together and follow the group that opened back up 2 months ago? We’ll see. Many of these states are at the very bottom in employment. You’d think after watching your siblings run around freely, make lots of money, and be similarly as safe, you’d figure it out. LOL.

One issue they raised is that these are blue states so vaccine hesitancy is relatively low in the younger population.

GT_EE78

Banned
Don't remember hearing anything like this from getting the flu shot. Are all these revelations unusual for a vaccine?
I don't know but have read that 5-10 years is more usual for development and full approval of a vaccine.
I don't know the full list of what was waived for EUA but my understanding is that the animal lab tests were also waived (scary)

Deleted member 2897

Instead of measuring and reporting the science, we even commissioned a study to measure what messaging would elicit the highest vaccine uptake response, LOLOLOL. *** 🤡

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
mRNA doesn’t enter the cell nucleus.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
About 29 hours after shot #2 and I'm feeling tired, but also very loose.

I hope this euphoria doesn't turn down. I think I can tough it out through this floaty wave feeling I've got going on.
Bet you'll feel pretty good tomorrow morning or definitely Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.