Here's a COVID thread for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 2897

Dr Fauci just said on the national news that children playing outdoors need to continue wearing masks. So if you go to a park with your kid and are all by yourself, the parent can take their mask off (whether vaccinated or not), but kids can’t. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. What a bunch of ****ing idiots.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
Dr Fauci just said on the national news that children playing outdoors need to continue wearing masks. So if you go to a park with your kid and are all by yourself, the parent can take their mask off (whether vaccinated or not), but kids can’t. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. What a bunch of ****ing idiots.
Didn’t see that but assume he means playing with other children. I know you get off on railing against what you think are stupid rules but what the CDv and Fauci are doing is giving advice. If more people had taken it over the last year we would be much further along in getting past this. BTW current findings suggest 2/3 of those who had COVID, even mild cases, present for medical care afterwards with some complaint related to COVID symptoms. We are still learning about this thing and could easily slip back into a serious situation if we get stupid. Hell Joe Rogan is now telling young adults not to get vaccinated. That’s who is stupid, not Fauci.

Didn’t see that but assume he means playing with other children. I know you get off on railing against what you think are stupid rules but what the CDv and Fauci are doing is giving advice. If more people had taken it over the last year we would be much further along in getting past this. BTW current findings suggest 2/3 of those who had COVID, even mild cases, present for medical care afterwards with some complaint related to COVID symptoms. We are still learning about this thing and could easily slip back into a serious situation if we get stupid. Hell Joe Rogan is now telling young adults not to get vaccinated. That’s who is stupid, not Fauci.

Just guessing here, but I'm thinking that you probably know as much about the long term effects of the Covid vaccines as Joe Rogan does. These vaccines were created like no other vaccines in the past, and I'm not yet convinced that they are safer than the virus itself in the long term especially for people under 50.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Hell Joe Rogan is now telling young adults not to get vaccinated. That’s who is stupid, not Fauci.
Hell, are you nuts, man?

Statistically, it is a fact that young adults are more likely to die in an auto accident than from covid.

Kindly explain to us uneducated why young adults should rush to get the vaccine that is, as yet, unproven in its long term effects.

Methinks you are too religious in your zeal to follow the "experts", who by and large are just trying to cover their a$$es.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
Hell, are you nuts, man?

Statistically, it is a fact that young adults are more likely to die in an auto accident than from covid.

Kindly explain to us uneducated why young adults should rush to get the vaccine that is, as yet, unproven in its long term effects.

Methinks you are too religious in your zeal to follow the "experts", who by and large are just trying to cover their a$$es.
Because young adults are not immune and are being admitted to hospitals at a higher rate as the pandemic continues. Because about 2/3 of those with even mild cases or COVID have lingering effects. Because allowing the virus to continue to circulate welcomes upticks in cases and resultant hospitalizations and deaths as well opening the door to variants. And finally because not getting enough of the population vaccinated means we will not reach herd immunity and raises the risk of another wave when vaccine protection begins to wane.

Deleted member 2897

I find it interesting that you’re willing to denigrate my character while at the same time admitting that you did not see what I am referring to.

No. No, he was not referring to playing with other kids, he was referring to them simply being outside. The question started because Savanah Guthrie asked what sense did it make that if she wants to go for a walk with her kid, the kid has to wear a mask but not her.

I don’t “get off” on pointing out the idiocy of much of what the CDC does. Remember when they said to not wear a mask, they do no good? We laughed about them and made fun of them on this thread, because we all knew that that was not based on science either. This is a serious global pandemic. We absolutely need to be calling out anti-science bull****. If anybody thinks they can catch Covid outside alone, then wear a mask. But don’t force the rest of us into this hysterical bull****.

Deleted member 2897

Hell Joe Rogan is now telling young adults not to get vaccinated. That’s who is stupid, not Fauci.

They’re both stupid. Dr Fauci basically backed up Joe Rogan, which is embarrassing. He acknowledged that young adults are at a very low risk but said they need to get vaccinated so they don’t spread it to other more vulnerable people.

HOW ABOUT GET THOSE OTHER MORE VULNERABLE PEOPLE VACCINATED?

Also, there are tons of terrible, long term complications from Covid. It’s not about the tiny death rate for young people. It’s about the overall health risk. I can’t believe Rohan’s advice or Faucis response.

Deleted member 2897

I found the interview with Dr. Fauci. Skip to the 2:55 point - Savannah asks when 'nobody else is around' and they are outside, why kids have to wear masks but adults (Savannah is unvaccinated) don't.

Its like he doesn't understand the question, as he talks about kids being around other kids and community spread. Neither of those have anything to do with being outside and being alone.

At 5:25, she brings it all back into focus on the actual original question to confirm the idiocy, and he says yes that is the case. Never ended up giving an explanation or any science behind the stupidity.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
I find it interesting that you’re willing to denigrate my character while at the same time admitting that you did not see what I am referring to.

No. No, he was not referring to playing with other kids, he was referring to them simply being outside. The question started because Savanah Guthrie asked what sense did it make that if she wants to go for a walk with her kid, the kid has to wear a mask but not her.

I don’t “get off” on pointing out the idiocy of much of what the CDC does. Remember when they said to not wear a mask, they do no good? We laughed about them and made fun of them on this thread, because we all knew that that was not based on science either. This is a serious global pandemic. We absolutely need to be calling out anti-science bull****. If anybody thinks they can catch Covid outside alone, then wear a mask. But don’t force the rest of us into this hysterical bull****.
Didn’t mean to denigrate your character just observing that you seem to go hard at people giving their advice based on a cautious approach to all of this. Of course the CDC and Fauci are going to be very conservative. They were burned from the start with their mask missteps and don’t want to be guilty of telling you something is okay if they aren’t sure. I mean you can eat meat every day and not have a heart attack but you won’t find a doctor telling you to do it.

Deleted member 2897

Didn’t mean to denigrate your character just observing that you seem to go hard at people giving their advice based on a cautious approach to all of this. Of course the CDC and Fauci are going to be very conservative. They were burned from the start with their mask missteps and don’t want to be guilty of telling you something is okay if they aren’t sure. I mean you can eat meat every day and not have a heart attack but you won’t find a doctor telling you to do it.

I feel like their hearts are in the right place, but they're not following their own science. Dr. Fauci, during all this outside mask stuff the last 1-2 days, has said that 92% of spread has come from indoors. And the outdoor spread was from protests, rallies, concerts - large gatherings. There has never been any evidence that being outside and away from groups has even an infinitesible amount of spread. Yet their guidance ignores that. They ARE sure that there is no risk of spread - they say that out loud. That's what makes this all so wacky.

Deleted member 2897

A lot can change between now and then but this is a good sign for us hoping the Jackets have 100% capacity come September.

with the way the vaccine rollout is going, closing in on 250 million shots, I don’t know if we will get there, but this is the logical direction of planning everyone should be in. Our current level of infection and deaths are down to all the way where we were back when we had our original near complete shut down.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
I found the interview with Dr. Fauci. Skip to the 2:55 point - Savannah asks when 'nobody else is around' and they are outside, why kids have to wear masks but adults (Savannah is unvaccinated) don't.

Its like he doesn't understand the question, as he talks about kids being around other kids and community spread. Neither of those have anything to do with being outside and being alone.

At 5:25, she brings it all back into focus on the actual original question to confirm the idiocy, and he says yes that is the case. Never ended up giving an explanation or any science behind the stupidity.

Nothing Fauci says in this interview is bad at all. You are making a mountain out of a mole hill here. He essentially dodges the question and refers to the CDC chart which he isn't going to publicly contradict. The "according to the chart" comment should have given that away.

Deleted member 2897

Nothing Fauci says in this interview is bad at all. You are making a mountain out of a mole hill here. He essentially dodges the question and refers to the CDC chart which he isn't going to publicly contradict. The "according to the chart" comment should have given that away.

You don't think its bad when supposed health experts don't follow science? He has stated many times that being outside away from crowds is safe and is not a source of spread. Yet even vaccinated people were supposed to be wearing masks while alone outside? And then on national TV today he said when outside, alone, with your own family, the parent can skip a mask and the child can't? Between their position on masks, is it spread airborne or not, this that and the other thing, it all adds up. I can't find anything of real value the CDC and FDA has provided us when we needed them most. I'm sure I'm missing quite a few things, but I can't think of them off the top of my head, and that's a real problem.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
You don't think its bad when supposed health experts don't follow science? He has stated many times that being outside away from crowds is safe and is not a source of spread. Yet even vaccinated people were supposed to be wearing masks while alone outside? And then on national TV today he said when outside, alone, with your own family, the parent can skip a mask and the child can't? Between their position on masks, is it spread airborne or not, this that and the other thing, it all adds up. I can't find anything of real value the CDC and FDA has provided us when we needed them most. I'm sure I'm missing quite a few things, but I can't think of them off the top of my head, and that's a real problem.
I think its a stretch here to say he isn't following science. He was asked a question with regards to the new CDC guidelines. He basically answered with "according to the guidelines" this is true. He isn't going to publicly go against CDC general guidelines for every random scenario a reporter comes up with.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
And then on national TV today he said when outside, alone, with your own family, the parent can skip a mask and the child can't?
Devil’s Advocate answer:

Think back to when your kids were “that age”, but put it in the current Covid-19 era.

You and the little one are out alone together, but happen to cross my path through pure accident.

What are the chances your rugrat encroaches my safe space out of sheer childish exuberance?

What are the chances that you encroach my safe space out of sheer adult exuberance?

;)

Deleted member 2897

Devil’s Advocate answer:

Think back to when your kids were “that age”, but put it in the current Covid-19 era.

You and the little one are out alone together, but happen to cross my path through pure accident.

What are the chances your rugrat encroaches my safe space out of sheer childish exuberance?

What are the chances that you encroach my safe space out of sheer adult exuberance?

;)

It depends. Are you female and hot? Would you be holding candy or ice cream?

Status
Not open for further replies.