Here's a COVID thread for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 2897

Cases nationally are about double what they were a year ago and are going up in many parts of the country during a time when the weather should be helping tremendously. I don't think its quite time to declare victory yet. India did that. It didn't work out well.

Here are your mistakes in this post:
1) The FDA wouldn't allow companies to create covid test kits last year by this time in any reasonable numbers, so actual cases last year were tremendously then than they are now. That's why deaths back then were double what they are now.
2) Nobody is declaring victory.
3) India didn't declare victory.
4) As we learned last year, the weather doesn't really help - one of our largest surges ever was last summer.
5) If you look here and scroll down to the 4th colored table and look at the actual numbers, only 9 states saw covid case numbers increase this week compared to last week.

Otherwise, great post!

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
1) The FDA wouldn't allow companies to create covid test kits last year by this time in any reasonable numbers, so actual cases last year were tremendously then than they are now. That's why deaths back then were double what they are now.
4) As we learned last year, the weather doesn't really help - one of our largest surges ever was last summer.
5) If you look here and scroll down to the 4th colored table and look at the actual numbers, only 9 states saw covid case numbers increase this week compared to last week.

Otherwise, great post!
Everything you said is correct except for #4. The reason for the spike in the peak of summer was the heat drove everyone inside. an environment more conducive to Virus transmission as well as a much larger viral load in the air.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer

Otherwise, great post!
1. While I would accept that testing is obviously more available now than then, that isn't exactly proof that cases were double what was reported. If you have some analysis to back up your claim here that would be great. Im going to guess you don't though.
2. Ok, I will rephrase it to say that you think we are beating this thing, which is equally false.
3. Actually, they did. Learn to google. https://scroll.in/video/993076/watc...lared-indias-victory-over-covid-19-in-january.
4. lol.
5. So when I said cases were going up in some parts of the country I was right? Thanks for verifying.

Pretty weak attempt at a gotcha moment here. You can do better than this.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Cases nationally are about double what they were a year ago and are going up in many parts of the country during a time when the weather should be helping tremendously. I don't think its quite time to declare victory yet. India did that. It didn't work out well.
We are not India.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Cases are also a highly misleading statistic. Hospitalizations...yes.

odd though that the surges in the US are in cold weather states with the strict it’s rules

Deleted member 2897

1. While I would accept that testing is obviously more available now than then, that isn't exactly proof that cases were double what was reported. If you have some analysis to back up your claim here that would be great. Im going to guess you don't though.
2. Ok, I will rephrase it to say that you think we are beating this thing, which is equally false.
3. Actually, they did. Learn to google. https://scroll.in/video/993076/watc...lared-indias-victory-over-covid-19-in-january.
4. lol.
5. So when I said cases were going up in some parts of the country I was right? Thanks for verifying.

Pretty weak attempt at a gotcha moment here. You can do better than this.

You are embarrassing yourself. You’re pointless to talk to. You didn’t say cases were going up in “some”. You said “many”. Cases are going up in 15% of the states and down in 85%. We are beating this disease, the numbers and vaccine progress show it. I will back up my data by backing up what I backed up when I said it. Deaths are one half now what they were a year ago. You know cases were much higher back then - you were on here saying so, because of how poor testing was. Saying cases are twice as high now and arguing that we’re twice as bad off now and they’re rising in many states and so on is hilariously incorrect. Crawl back into your hole and stop changing your story, trolling people, putting words in other people’s mouths, and making things up. And keep your mask on in that hole too!

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
You are embarrassing yourself. You’re pointless to talk to. You didn’t say cases were going up in “some”. You said “many”. Cases are going up in 15% of the states and down in 85%. We are beating this disease, the numbers and vaccine progress show it. I will back up my data by backing up what I backed up when I said it. Deaths are one half now what they were a year ago. You know cases were much higher back then - you were on here saying so, because of how poor testing was. Saying cases are twice as high now and arguing that we’re twice as bad off now and they’re rising in many states and so on is hilariously incorrect. Crawl back into your hole and stop changing your story, trolling people, putting words in other people’s mouths, and making things up. And keep your mask on in that hole too!
No, unfortunately im embarrassing you. You can't just make up a data point as a response to another data point. If you have something that proves cases were double what was reported then by all means provide that evidence. Cases are also at about the same level as they were during the summer spike and double what they were in early fall of last year when testing was readily available. Were we beating COVID then? Lets at least try to move out of the countries who need to take action category at endcoronavirus before we start to claim we are making significant progress. And yes, cases are rising in many parts of the country. I never said states specifically.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Cases are also a highly misleading statistic. Hospitalizations...yes.

odd though that the surges in the US are in cold weather states with the strict it’s rules
California's 7 day average is down 15% in the last 30 days while Florida's is up 30%. While I don't doubt that warm weather states are recovering faster than cold weather states for obvious reasons, im not sure strict rules are causing infections.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Got my 2nd Pfizer shot late this afternoon. Ate a bunch of Chinese food, took an Aleve and downing a Powerade.

Definitely think I'm gonna feel tired soon, so I'm looking forward to some good sleep.

Deleted member 2897

No, unfortunately im embarrassing you. You can't just make up a data point as a response to another data point. If you have something that proves cases were double what was reported then by all means provide that evidence. Cases are also at about the same level as they were during the summer spike and double what they were in early fall of last year when testing was readily available. Were we beating COVID then? Lets at least try to move out of the countries who need to take action category at endcoronavirus before we start to claim we are making significant progress. And yes, cases are rising in many parts of the country. I never said states specifically.

You’re wrong again on everything. Go back and look at the link I posted. Florida’s cases aren’t up 35% this week, they’re down. California’s cases numbers only started dropping once they began to open up. When they shut down and went to a shelter in place, 6 weeks later they had horrible numbers. When they ended the shelter in place, and people could be outside, their numbers improved. You couldn’t even eat OUTSIDE until a couple months ago, LOL. You do know they haven’t been shut down for quite awhile now don’t you? LOL. Nationally, Deaths are half what they were at this time last year. Covid isn’t twice as bad and getting worse, it’s twice as good and getting better. We’re at 225 million shots. The data trend is positive. Many states don’t have cases rising, 85% of the states have decreasing numbers. You couldn’t be more wrong on everything and it’s hilarious.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 2897

This morning they had a former CDC Director on supporting the J&J vaccine, as the severe side effects and deaths are super super rare. Unfortunately, the damage has been done, and by the CDC and was again today. They asked him who should get that vaccine - he said anybody who can’t get one of the other vaccines. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

He finished with saying we need to keep getting vaccinated so we can go out to restaurants, get together with friends, and resume normal life. Hey *** clown, most of us have been doing that for several months. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Take some acetaminophen or ibuprofen... Don't expect to feel 100% tomorrow, by expect to feel good again Sunday. That is how it worked out for me last week. Only a mild fever w/I the acetaminophen, 99.8 - 100.1, with acetaminophen 99 3.
I got my second shot on Tuesday. Other than some soreness in that shoulder (and yes, some skin irritation when I pulled the bandaid off) I’ve been fine. My wife, on the other hand, felt run-down and achy for a day and a half.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
This morning they had a former CDC Director on supporting the J&J vaccine, as the severe side effects and deaths are super super rare. Unfortunately, the damage has been done, and by the CDC and was again today. They asked him who should get that vaccine - he said anybody who can’t get one of the other vaccines. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

He finished with saying we need to keep getting vaccinated so we can go out to restaurants, get together with friends, and resume normal life. Hey *** clown, most of us have been doing that for several months. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Polls actually show that by a large margin US citizens approve of the caution on the J&J vaccine. The simple fact is that the clots seem were unusual in how they presented and that the normal treatment made matters worse. By slowing down hospitals and physicians have a better understanding of what to look for and how to respond so it’s a much saver situation.

Deleted member 2897

Polls actually show that by a large margin US citizens approve of the caution on the J&J vaccine. The simple fact is that the clots seem were unusual in how they presented and that the normal treatment made matters worse. By slowing down hospitals and physicians have a better understanding of what to look for and how to respond so it’s a much saver situation.

well, let’s run our society during a pandemic based on polls and not science. 🤩

I am not saying that they should not study the data and gather more information, with apologies for the double negative. But when you’ve given out 10 million shots and you have less than one handful of even suspected deaths, and barely 10 people with suspected serious side effects, the hysteria was completely unwarranted, and still is.

based on the latest data, the death rate from getting the vaccine is about 1/10000th That from Covid.

Deleted member 2897

Almost 30 days since the CDC Director announced feeling an impending sense of doom. What has happened since then? Over 100 million more vaccinations, and daily Covid cases continue to decline. LOL 🤡

I think in another 30 days, we’ll be shifting to figuring out how we can best help the rest of the world. India has a ridiculous new strain over there, and the more of those new ones that pop up, the more work we’ll have to keep doing.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Got my 2nd Pfizer shot late this afternoon. Ate a bunch of Chinese food, took an Aleve and downing a Powerade.

Definitely think I'm gonna feel tired soon, so I'm looking forward to some good sleep.
I took the advice of @Milwaukee. I marched in there, declared my physical superiority, gave the vaccine the finger and told the side effects to F off. Worked pretty good!

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
well, let’s run our society during a pandemic based on polls and not science. 🤩

I am not saying that they should not study the data and gather more information, with apologies for the double negative. But when you’ve given out 10 million shots and you have less than one handful of even suspected deaths, and barely 10 people with suspected serious side effects, the hysteria was completely unwarranted, and still is.

based on the latest data, the death rate from getting the vaccine is about 1/10000th That from Covid.
No, the point is they didn’t understand the reaction and took a timeout to figure out what was happening and how to treat it. Now they know what to do when they see it. Perfectly logical and evidently understood by most people.

Status
Not open for further replies.