#GTCamp2016

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Any of you guys have any idea why I can't hear any of these videos anymore on an old iPhone? Was working before and sound on phone is working.
If you're using tapatalk, it's likely the "silent/vibrate" switch that mutes it. Unswitch that and you're good to go.

wreck1

Georgia Tech Fan
If you're using tapatalk, it's likely the "silent/vibrate" switch that mutes it. Unswitch that and you're good to go.
Volume slider is missing. Headphones work. Google says connector is dirty and phone thinks it is connected to a speaker doc. Tried cleaning it but no luck.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Johnson has always had two OL coaches until a couple of years ago when he tried a special teams guy instead. I hope that was Johnson making that decision instead of the tail wagging the dog (I'm sure it was knowing CPJ). He tried the shotgun a couple of years ago. Roof has tried the 4-2-5. There are many ways to skin a cat. These guys work just about every waking hour with other coaches trying to find better ways to do things to get an edge. Both Roof and Johnson have done this their whole lives and are judged every day on the job they do by people who have no clue what they're talking about usually. That's why I take exception to people on message boards who THINK they are qualified to tell them "what they are doing wrong." I understand that is what boards are for but I still take exception especially when I feel I know better from personal experience.

If and when this staff fails and they get let go it won't be because they are not great coaches. Great coaches get let go every year even legends such as Bowdon and Beamer. All coaches know the expectations.

We all know the issues at Tech especially you having served in the GTAA and I think those are way more of a factor that fans can do something about instead of backseat coaching. Let the guy we hired worry about defensive scheme and pass protection technique. If they don't meet expectations they know the consequences.

Again I know this is a message board and people give their opinion and that's not only fine but it's a GREAT thing that has come into our lives. We ALL love GT and want that consistent winner. No one more than Johnson and Roof.

Again even the greatest coaches in the game pick minds of other coaches. I would love to know if Roof does. If he doesnt, based on results it makes you wonder if he should.

I dont worry about it. I simply wish to discuss and point out ideas in a public forum for potential areas of improvement. We have a very sensitive following who view it too personally too offen.

Gt does have a million internal challenges and it starts with bud and the schools total disassociation with the AA.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Ken needs to improve his question "articulation", especially to CPJ. Coach does not usually respond to the intent of a poorly structured question, and IMO he rather addresses the weak link in the question and Ken serves him up too many "weak links". CPJ seems to focus on attacking the premise to a question rather than addressing the general intent of the question, so your question needs to be specific and articulate and any premise needs to be solidly accurate. Otherwise you are CPJ food.
Personally, I think CPJ could improve in this one specific area: he often cuts reporters off before they can actually finish their question. I think most of the time he knows where they are going and he just does it to save some time. However, there are occasions, like this one perhaps, where it leads to confusion because he didn't really know where they were going with the question. If you observe the cadence of his Q&A sessions, they rarely get a chance to finish. It is what it is and he isn't about to change now. On the other hand, his radio shows are in stark contrast to this. He seems patient and always lets the callers finish before preparing an answer. Interesting.

With all this said, his candor is one of my favorite parts of his public presence. I hope that never changes. I really really appreciate that he doesn't PC his way around an interview. He says what he feels, and that is cool with me.

NorthGaJacket15

Jolly Good Fellow
Great to see K in there as I believe he has been hurt the past couple of days!

Boomer, I agree with your post and do think that is something CPJ could handle better, for the most part. In this instance, however, he has to be tiring of the insistent questions about two a days so I can't blame him one bit, again in this instance specifically.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I wish someone would ask about how well Shea Underwood is punting ......

Otherwise sounds good overall. I liked the comment that tempers are getting short ..... and having 5 BBs and much better than last year. We'll see.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer

He continues to be upbeat, which is nice. I'm excited to see the BB group. He seems more pleased with that group than he has been since 08-10, or 14. Maybe more positive in the preseason than 14 even. I wish Ken would learn some social skills and stop phrasing questions so weirdly. It makes me cringe every time that he asks a question because I feel like it's just gonna piss CPJ off.

He continues to be upbeat, which is nice. I'm excited to see the BB group. He seems more pleased with that group than he has been since 08-10, or 14. Maybe more positive in the preseason than 14 even. I wish Ken would learn some social skills and stop phrasing questions so weirdly. It makes me cringe every time that he asks a question because I feel like it's just gonna piss CPJ off.
I think Ken is a great researcher and writer, but he doesn't handle press conferences too well.