#GTCamp2016

flea77

Ramblin' Wreck
yeah but to state this is the deepest 2 deep TEAM in pauls tenure is a bit much IMO. I dont' think it is the case. I think the reason alone that many backups have yet to play a real snap is enough to doubt that. We have super youth across the board; for me the deepest team is not only a good starting 22, but backing up the starting 22 another 10-15 players at are RS Soph and RS Jr that have played a ton and are good players. Our guys may be good, or end up being good, but by golly they are so young I am not sure you can state that for this year....

I felt like our 2014 team was deeper

and our 2009 team
I was really talking about this year vs last year. I don't even know who played at GT before 2014.;)

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
It's a easy group to pull for. GT fans are fun to be around.

Like I said . Wish he could have redshirt.
Would start every game for his career.
Glad u both (& family) are aboard.

Gt side walk fans = best folks
Uga side walk fans = not so much

Attachments

• 2015-10-17 10.43.42.jpg
    2015-10-17 10.43.42.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 73

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
don't like seeing Chris Griffin in read after only 2 days in shorts. I think it will be a real uphill battle for him to play.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
yeah but to state this is the deepest 2 deep TEAM in pauls tenure is a bit much IMO. I dont' think it is the case. I think the reason alone that many backups have yet to play a real snap is enough to doubt that. We have super youth across the board; for me the deepest team is not only a good starting 22, but backing up the starting 22 another 10-15 players at are RS Soph and RS Jr that have played a ton and are good players. Our guys may be good, or end up being good, but by golly they are so young I am not sure you can state that for this year....

and our 2009 team

This is just my opinion. I have little game time facts to back my opinion up. I am looking at possibilities and talent. I cannot recall a year where Paul was not trying to piece together a OL (except maybe last year). But, what we all thought would be strength last year was not with injury and heavy heart for Burden, the returning OTs not as strong without their leader to push them (Shaq), and inexperienced freshman winning jobs.

I think we have some significant talent, dedication, and now matured muscled bodies in the two deep. You guys keep on doubting the Morgan twins, but I see some excellence in these two young men from the spring game. I have no on the field information on Parker, but the word is he is the real deal (we will see).

Klock, Will, Marshall, and Freddie are going to make a talented driven nucleus. I am waiting to see DeVine because his spring game was less than excellent. Everyone sees the body, but you have to harness the heart and mind as well. I sure hope DeVine got his heart and mind rite for 2016. I am pulling for him to do what many here know what he can accomplish with body, heart, and mind all rising to pro levels. We have Muns, Fromayan, and Stickler. These three can play and better than the 2013 OL output. I am pulling for Chris as well. He has a hard road ahead.

When is the last time you could really put together 2 OLs just by naming names off the top of your head. I am missing the on the field facts and 3 starting seniors experience, but look at 2014 to 2015 and see that on the field facts don't always add up.

Experience, talent, body, heart, and mind are on the rise and my hope is rising with the passion I see in this group.

Keep in mind this is a young and talent team, but not as young as next year. Year 2 is always an exponential jump in body and mental understanding.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I also need to admit that we will not know if the starters are better than any other year (2009 and 2014) until after we start the season.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
If we can stay healthy and mentally sharp, this team can be special. We ain't gonna be pushed around in the trenches this year.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I also need to admit that we will not know if the starters are better than any other year (2009 and 2014) until after we start the season.

This is my point. Our backups are so young and starters still an unknown i just dont see how we can say today this is pauls deepest team. I personally dont think it is. But in a year we will see. I guess you are projecting alot....but even projecting i dont think it is. Just an opinion as u point out

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

and our 2009 team
Obviously there is a lot to be determined about our 2016 team and its depth, but I have to say, things FEEL deeper to me. Allow me to take the DL as a case in point (because I am too lazy to run throught the entire team at the moment). Guys like Branch and Glanton (who are providing depth) are way ahead of where, say, Francis Kallon was a couple years ago. Heck, IMHO Glanton (right now) is a better player than Gotsis was as a frosh. I'm not so sure if he has more potential, but there is little doubt his football acumen is better. If you look at Keshun Freeman, in a singular sense, he should have never been playing as a freshman. Yes, he played extremely well that year and took home some recognition hardware for his efforts. However, on a top 20 type team with depth, he would have been on the scout team building his body and learning from the experienced starters. Last year would have been his RS frosh year with probably little playing time outside of ST. This would be the year that the top 20 team would be "reloading" with him at WDE. His body is now ready enough to match his ability. THIS YEAR we have guys about the same level as his frosh or soph year playing behind him who are not forced into the starting line up. In fact, a couple may push him for time.

We cannot allow ourselves to forget that players develop when they work hard. There is a huge difference between an 18 year old BOY with potential and a 20 year old MAN who has worked his butt off for two years. Just because a kid wasn't making an impact in his first couple years doesn't mean isn't destined to become a better player than the guy he replaces whose eligibility ran out.

On the offensive side of the ball, let's consider the case of Will Bryan. We all read Flea's report that WB is now around 290 plus pounds and under 20% body fat. Well, if that is true (I will never doubt Flea), then you are about to see a much better player in 2016. WB was forced into service last year. He was generally effective but, more than anything, showed us the potential he had if he worked hard. The speed and tenacity were there, but the physical dominance was not. Well, it sounds like he HAS worked hard. If he is a lean 290 pounds then he is most likely destined to be a substantially more physical player than he was last year. Twenty or so pounds of muscle makes a huge diffence in the life of a guy in the trenches. He is coming into his manhood. For the most part, he played against MEN last year (a few teams might be an exception).

We are about to find out IF the recruiting classes of 2013 and 2014 were good and to a lesser extent the 2015 class. I will withold serious opinion until I see more, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if several of the "no names" turn out to be better than the guys we felt we couldn't replace.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
At the :06 mark at the front of the line facing the camera. You can't see a face because it is so far away, but somebody is in red.
I have no idea that is Griffin, but if it is, him being in red is not necessarily a foreboding sign. Very often, when players are fighting their way back to full activity, there are planned maintenance (rest) days along the way. The staff may have him on a two on - one off type of schedule at the moment. For all we know, he wants to participate fully and they (the staff) are taking a conservative approach. When they want us to know, they will lets us know.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Yes. Ab. Bb. Wr. Dbs. Etc. for sure. Now. We didnt know how good they would be but deeper yes.
If you didn't know how good they were going to be how can you say it was a deeper group? If that's the case you're going by numbers which would mean we're just as deep now as we were then. Maybe I'm not understanding you but that just doesn't make much sense to me.

flea77

Ramblin' Wreck
Obviously there is a lot to be determined about our 2016 team and its depth, but I have to say, things FEEL deeper to me. Allow me to take the DL as a case in point (because I am too lazy to run throught the entire team at the moment). Guys like Branch and Glanton (who are providing depth) are way ahead of where, say, Francis Kallon was a couple years ago. Heck, IMHO Glanton (right now) is a better player than Gotsis was as a frosh. I'm not so sure if he has more potential, but there is little doubt his football acumen is better. If you look at Keshun Freeman, in a singular sense, he should have never been playing as a freshman. Yes, he played extremely well that year and took home some recognition hardware for his efforts. However, on a top 20 type team with depth, he would have been on the scout team building his body and learning from the experienced starters. Last year would have been his RS frosh year with probably little playing time outside of ST. This would be the year that the top 20 team would be "reloading" with him at WDE. His body is now ready enough to match his ability. THIS YEAR we have guys about the same level as his frosh or soph year playing behind him who are not forced into the starting line up. In fact, a couple may push him for time.

We cannot allow ourselves to forget that players develop when they work hard. There is a huge difference between an 18 year old BOY with potential and a 20 year old MAN who has worked his butt off for two years. Just because a kid wasn't making an impact in his first couple years doesn't mean isn't destined to become a better player than the guy he replaces whose eligibility ran out.

On the offensive side of the ball, let's consider the case of Will Bryan. We all read Flea's report that WB is now around 290 plus pounds and under 20% body fat. Well, if that is true (I will never doubt Flea), then you are about to see a much better player in 2016. WB was forced into service last year. He was generally effective but, more than anything, showed us the potential he had if he worked hard. The speed and tenacity were there, but the physical dominance was not. Well, it sounds like he HAS worked hard. If he is a lean 290 pounds then he is most likely destined to be a substantially more physical player than he was last year. Twenty or so pounds of muscle makes a huge diffence in the life of a guy in the trenches. He is coming into his manhood. For the most part, he played against MEN last year (a few teams might be an exception).

We are about to find out IF the recruiting classes of 2013 and 2014 were good and to a lesser extent the 2015 class. I will withold serious opinion until I see more, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if several of the "no names" turn out to be better than the guys we felt we couldn't replace.
They test for body fat. Will was 254 lbs after his first spring and 17 % body fat. He was 278 lbs after this spring and 19% body fat. Now he is 296 lbs and 16 % body fat. I told him last year he was in middle school when the guys he was playing against started college. I wish he could have redshirted, but it is what it is. He is a totally different player than he was last year. That being my opinion, I also believe that is the case for several others. I was just at the hotel talking w a few OL. They are larger, leaner and they are just freeking great guys. Be proud to be a Jacket fan. We have some fantastic young men in this program.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
CPJ said Fromayan has changed his body as much as anyone on the team and we have seen some good transformations. Freddie said B. Morgan and Fromayan had a great start.