#GTCamp2016

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Shamire looked good to me today, don't know his weight but he did not look obese or out of shape. He is just a large young man and as long as his conditioning is up to snuff he will be fine.

+1 Was going to make a similar comment on the Fan Day thread but forgot to do so when over there.

RLR

Jolly Good Fellow
Edit: Quoted the wrong post / too lazy to fix.

I talked to someone in the know about a month ago (forgive my memory if i misremember the exact number). But, I believe that Shamire was down to 365.

I'm somewhat reasonably hoping he's 1st team all-acc this year.

txsting

Jolly Good Fellow
CPJ said Fromayan has changed his body as much as anyone on the team and we have seen some good transformations. Freddie said B. Morgan and Fromayan had a great start.
I saw big 79 in some picture and had to look him up. I was impressed.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

txsting

Jolly Good Fellow
Ok. BB had two proven entities in Laskey, Days.
AB had 4 deep in seniors and another 2-3 Juniors all with significant playing time
WR started 2 Seniors with a bunch of playing time; both NFL guys
DB went 6 deep with alot of P

Lets compare to this roster. Its night and day; and I don't even bother to list LB etc or OL with Mason at RG etc....

BB...one guy with playing time
AB Sophs/RS some with playing time, some off injury with just a little time
WR, two with PT, but both not that great, so much the depth is bad paul has said Fr will need to play. A backup wr is a converted AB with no PT At WR.
OL is thin. All backups are no PT guys or walkons; and starters have guys with little to no PT as well.

Sorry man, I just don't think this is a DEEP team and CERTAINLY there is nothing to argue the deepest in Pauls tenure which was the original point here I was debating;

its young, young, young, and maybe someday has potential. But a deep team to me has experienced depth like you saw at various positions in the 14 team; not relying on RS Fr, Walkons, and So with little to no NCAA PT. To me that is a YOUNG team...and in a year could be deep but not today IMO
It is scary really how shallow this team is. A couple bad breaks could set us to scrambling just like last year. If JT misses any significant time we will be in a mess. The OL wasn't that good to start with, and the second string is entirely unready. Hope they prove me wrong, but this doesn't look, on paper, to be a highly promising team.

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
About a third of our scholly players last year were tr-fr. We might be a deep team this year if guys blossom sooner than later and depth isn't depleted by injuries. So it depends what happens. More likely to be deeper 1-2 years out just because of the numbers. But one never knows.

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
It is scary really how shallow this team is. A couple bad breaks could set us to scrambling just like last year. If JT misses any significant time we will be in a mess. The OL wasn't that good to start with, and the second string is entirely unready. Hope they prove me wrong, but this doesn't look, on paper, to be a highly promising team.

Some key injuries on the OL and certain DL & DBs would be pretty crippling, or if we lost Jeune to injury and no other WR emerges.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
PJ Davis, Brant Mitchell, Vic Alexander, Cooksey, Curry, Alford, Terrel Lewis. If you don't see talent there, then you are insane.

I agree. Since we predominately play a 5-2 defense we have good LB depth (you can also add Jackson). The depth issue is more in the back 5.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
PJ Davis, Brant Mitchell, Vic Alexander, Cooksey, Curry, Alford, Terrel Lewis. If you don't see talent there, then you are insane.

LOL. 5 haven't played a down.you are missing the concept of DEPTH. depth isn't just numbers or a potential. When you say a team is deep it means its proven. Not a what if. If we lose PJ Davis how comfortable are you at LB? Me? Not so much. Because the guy behind him hasn't played. That is not what you call a deep team. Tyler Cooksey? Come on...This is not why you call a team deep.

Look how shallow the secondary is.
If we lose MM for the year how good do you feel about BB? Me not so much.
If we lose Devine or Bryan for the year how good does our OL feel? Kinda scrambling

this is not good examples of a deep team. So I apologize if you can't see the point, that depth isn't about a RS FR or FR that has potential, its about losing a starting and filling him with a guy we know is more than capable. We have ALOT of positions on this team if we lose the starter its a big ? and we are left scrambling. The whole OL is rather shallow. The backups are RS Fr and walkons. Yes, this is concerning.

Last edited:

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Some key injuries on the OL and certain DL & DBs would be pretty crippling, or if we lost Jeune to injury and no other WR emerges.

exactly, finally a point about what depth means. I would add in MM to that mix. And LB....the LB situation is very unproven.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Would like to know how the following players are doing?

Devine
MM
the corners
Phillpot

The following rookies
Mills
Lucas Johnson
Branch
Jordan
big NT from Tenn