#GTCamp2016

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
The fact remains after our committs for this class WE ALL talked about leaving ships on the table. And we do it often...so we can do better. Lets not act like this program is just given constant bad circumstances. Paul has not done well recruiting to numbers IMO
Alas, someone that agrees with me. Plan for the worst and hope for the best.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
This is directed at you because, iirc, your the Swarm mod with the press credentials. Why does Rod McKenzie of the Hive get to ask questions at pressers and we don't (assuming we don't, which is maybe a bad assumption)?
Because he's physically there and we are not :)

Rod is technically retired and can provide coverage as a side gig 24/7. I am full-time employed, often out of town, and am unavailable to get down to Tech basically every Mon-Fri. I'll be there tomorrow for media day and we'll cover most game days.

No restrictions on asking questions where we're there. I usually throw in 1-2 to CPJ when present at his pressers.

We are still seeking contributors to help with coverage and the site. If anyone has suggestions feel free to toss ideas to us here.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Because he's physically there and we are not :)

Rod is technically retired and can provide coverage as a side gig 24/7. I am full-time employed, often out of town, and am unavailable to get down to Tech basically every Mon-Fri. I'll be there tomorrow for media day and we'll cover most game days.

No restrictions on asking questions where we're there. I usually throw in 1-2 to CPJ when present at his pressers.

We are still seeking contributors to help with coverage and the site. If anyone has suggestions feel free to toss ideas to us here.

@CuseJacket

Hey be sure and wander over to the O linemen, I'm going to meet @flea77 there and would love to meet you!

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Unfortunately I have to cut out before the Fan Day portion begins due to another evening commitment. I'd love to meet more folks this season.. hopefully it gets going in Ireland.
Was hard to meet you since you were in the press box 3 hours before kickoff every game o_Oo_O

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
People keep saying they are worried about the 2 deep. I think we have one of the best 2 deeps all the way around since 2008.

interesting comment...I am not sure I am there yet...certainly wasn't the case last year, with alot returning...perhaps that is why you say that? (experience)

flea77

Ramblin' Wreck
Im not Longestday. I trust his judgment, he breaks down film like a coach. Last year our starting center was injured and was dealing with a very heavy heart. We lost some backups due to injury and " other reasons". Will who ended up starting 6 games, had no ideal if he was even going to play at the start of camp. He was 254 lbs after his first spring , he is over 290 now. So if you look at the 2 deep this year I believe we have 8 guys who have started in games, and all of them have either started or have had redshirt year. They are all bigger and stronger. We have more depth that is physical than we have had in a while I believe. We just need to stay healthy.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Im not Longestday. I trust his judgment, he breaks down film like a coach. Last year our starting center was injured and was dealing with a very heavy heart. We lost some backups due to injury and " other reasons". Will who ended up starting 6 games, had no ideal if he was even going to play at the start of camp. He was 254 lbs after his first spring , he is over 290 now. So if you look at the 2 deep this year I believe we have 8 guys who have started in games, and all of them have either started or have had redshirt year. They are all bigger and stronger. We have more depth that is physical than we have had in a while I believe. We just need to stay healthy.
Thanks for your insight and especially your thoughtful appreciation of our beloved school and program. Sometimes it takes someone from the outside, although you are no longer and outsider but a member of the family, to help us grads know exactly what we have. Thanks again and keep posting! Btw, Will is one of my faves along with many of the OL's and I look forward to seeing them crush the opposition this year, especially in Nov!

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Was hard to meet you since you were in the press box 3 hours before kickoff every game o_Oo_O
Remind me why you aren't a good fan and tailgating by then? ;)

That's a good point though. I can be a little more flexible this year especially with a heads up before driving down to BDS.

Re: camp, last call for media day questions. Please post here.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer

yeah but to state this is the deepest 2 deep TEAM in pauls tenure is a bit much IMO. I dont' think it is the case. I think the reason alone that many backups have yet to play a real snap is enough to doubt that. We have super youth across the board; for me the deepest team is not only a good starting 22, but backing up the starting 22 another 10-15 players at are RS Soph and RS Jr that have played a ton and are good players. Our guys may be good, or end up being good, but by golly they are so young I am not sure you can state that for this year....

I felt like our 2014 team was deeper

and our 2009 team