#GTCamp2016

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
I am starting to think CPJ might be getting slipped some meds. I can't recallhim being this upbeat. I am really surprised some true freshmen may be playing with the level of experienced talent we have on the O line.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Im not Longestday. I trust his judgment, he breaks down film like a coach. Last year our starting center was injured and was dealing with a very heavy heart. We lost some backups due to injury and " other reasons". Will who ended up starting 6 games, had no ideal if he was even going to play at the start of camp. He was 254 lbs after his first spring , he is over 290 now. So if you look at the 2 deep this year I believe we have 8 guys who have started in games, and all of them have either started or have had redshirt year. They are all bigger and stronger. We have more depth that is physical than we have had in a while I believe. We just need to stay healthy.

Ya'll hear this? This man knows what he is talking about. Let's roll

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I am so glad Shamire is doing good! It is awesome to hear that OL is doing good. But, is it good that 3 freshman may make the two deep? That means that others might not or is this motivation?

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Nate on Instagram...

Attachments

• 13736110_769324663170139_200002874_n.jpg
    13736110_769324663170139_200002874_n.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 33

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I am so glad Shamire is doing good! It is awesome to hear that OL is doing good. But, is it good that 3 freshman may make the two deep? That means that others might not or is this motivation?
Idk coached made it seem as if the guys are just that good.

Gtech24

Jolly Good Fellow
Does anyone remember CPJ ever being this optimistic during fall camp? He seems to have nothing but positives to say during his interviews
Compare this Fall Camp interview last year from CPJ with the ones so far this year. It's encouraging to hear how well he thinks everything has been going. Lets hope that keeps up.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Great stuff with cpj.

3 tr Fr OL will prob break 2 deep and play. Happy with OL, esp 1s. Shamire finishing practice doing what's asked. Doing well.

I agree with y'all in that it speaks well to their ability and talent. I'd still prefer to have enough depth to allow them to redshirt.

Andewa

Jolly Good Fellow
In yesterday's interview, CPJ straight up said the OL was doing good, and that he was really pleased. When on earth was the last time he said that? Hype train: engage!

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I have heard many on this board wonder out loud what CPJ's motivation was for making a certain comment on a given day. I may be off base, but I have come to the opinion after listening to the man for 9 years that CPJ simply tells it like it is (in his mind at the time) without motive or much fear at all for consequences. In the case of 2016 fall camp, I really don't think he is trying to massage the fan base or give his team confidence with his recent interviews. He has an optimistic tone, probably because, given his experience, he is seeing things that usually translate to success. That snippet from 2015 says it all IMHO. We all know how the season unfolded and the problems we had.