#GTCamp2016

Gtech50

Ramblin' Wreck
Has anyone heard how Jordan woods and Brandon Adams are doing? They might be 2 of the most physically gifted players on our DL and they're only freshmen. It'd be nice to see them make an impact this year.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Not really a baseless fear. We were really lucky we didn't have very many injuries on the DL in 2014.
Agree, The good thing about this year though, is the guys that were on the 2014 team on the D line are a lot more experienced this year and we have some really good young talent to add onto that in guys like cerge-Henderson, and Saint-amour. I'm not that worried about D line this year because I believe we have good depth and upside along the line.

GT Tennessee

Jolly Good Fellow
Honestly, I like the feel coach is putting off right now with this team. I think we will be in for a pleasant surprise. I know I'm jumping way ahead, but TMarshall will be our starting QB next season when we play Tennessee. I also think coach likes the talent we have recruited in our young guys. A lot to be excited about this season and in the future.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Honestly, I like the feel coach is putting off right now with this team. I think we will be in for a pleasant surprise. I know I'm jumping way ahead, but TMarshall will be our starting QB next season when we play Tennessee. I also think coach likes the talent we have recruited in our young guys. A lot to be excited about this season and in the future.

Next year's QB battle will be interesting. Lots of different styles at QB and what you can do with them.

Taquan has special ability with the ball in his hands, but he's gotta get a lot better passing the ball. His passing was attrocious this spring. The days of this offense with a one dimensional QB is over. Our QB has got to have the ability to keep the defenses honest with his arm as well as his legs. We saw how much better this offense operated in 2014 when defenses had to worry about JeT's ability to pass. Defenses have improved so much defending our offense.

I think CPJ will want to make use of the dynamic and athletic group of ABs, and our WRs next year should be really good with a year of experience for the younger guys. This could be a special group of skill players the next few years...but we need a QB that can take advantage of all the weapons around him.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Interesting....seems like Bback 3 deep is MM, D Mills, and K Benson.

we in trouble if MM goes down. Both backups zero PT, one off injury. Simply a tough position to play off the ball when you are not experienced....most of our best BB's it took a few years to get their sea legs...hopefully both make big jumps this fall practice.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
we in trouble if MM goes down. Both backups zero PT, one off injury. Simply a tough position to play off the ball when you are not experienced....most of our best BB's it took a few years to get their sea legs...hopefully both make big jumps this fall practice.

I think you are overly worried. Marcus Allen has had injury troubles but is a very serviceable Bback when healthy. If the other 2 guys are ahead of him I think we are in a good spot at BBack.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I think you are overly worried. Marcus Allen has had injury troubles but is a very serviceable Bback when healthy. If the other 2 guys are ahead of him I think we are in a good spot at BBack.

maybe you are right; I just feel we are so paper thin on experienced depth that one position here or there could hurt this O

Eli

Helluva Engineer
I cant recall a year where we could afford to lose a starting running back, wide receiver or quarterback...Even 2007 arguably one of our most talented teams to date. What happens is Choice goes out? We have an unproven Jon Dwyer to back him up. We aren't Alabama and never will be.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I think we will be fine considering in the spring cpj said mills was pushing Marshall for that first spot, and it has already been said he might be one of the best players on the team. Some guys just have a nack for getting the hang of stuff fast, and I think he's one of those guys, he looked good in the spring.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Shamire is gonna maul people. Worked out 4 times a day in the offseason. Didn't drop a lot of weight but did cut his body fat and increase his strength. His best year will probably be his senior year but he will be good this year also.
Count me as one of those who think that if he has improved both his conditioning and his strength, his weight will take care of itself. If he is starting every game and playing a majority of the reps his weight will drop.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Count me as one of those who think that if he has improved both his conditioning and his strength, his weight will take care of itself. If he is starting every game and playing a majority of the reps his weight will drop.
I won't be surprised if he drops 15 plus pounds from now till the seasons starts and could lose another 10 or 15 during the season. If he keeps his hard work up he should be fine.