#GTCamp2016

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Great stuff with cpj.

3 tr Fr OL will prob break 2 deep and play. Happy with OL, esp 1s. Shamire finishing practice doing what's asked. Doing well.

this is for @Whiskey_Clear ; the fact true freshman crack the 2 deep does concern me on the OL....It really does. Step back and think about this. Any school, any year, when you say you have and need 3 true freshman to play on the OL; it typically is concerning...it just is...

I wonder if Paul is also messing with the media being overly different than the past? Ie not getting on his young guys too much publicly tearing em up and then they lose confidence...they are young...

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
when you say you have and need 3 true freshman to play on the OL; it typically is concerning...it just is...
I did not hear him say we needed 3 true freshmen to play. He was simply marveling at how big and athletic they were and that they seemed ready to play. He promised that, if they crack the 2 deep, they would play, but that they still have to a lot to learn before then.

I did not hear anything sinister or dire in this. It sounded like he felt like we had successfully recruited some good players.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I did not hear him say we needed 3 true freshmen to play. He was simply marveling at how big and athletic they were and that they seemed ready to play. He promised that, if they crack the 2 deep, they would play, but that they still have to a lot to learn before then.

I did not hear anything sinister or dire in this. It sounded like he felt like we had successfully recruited some good players.

ok gotcha...i mis-understood the posts...I didn't have a chance to listen yet.

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
LOL, Dottie, try not to take message boards posts with peoples opinions about the program and coaches so personally.
What makes you think I'm taking it personally? I just think you need to take some of your negativity and shove it. This fanbase doesn't need pessimistic views every time they read something you post. Just lighten up, at the end of the day.. It's just football. Our guys go out every week and bust their tails so guys like me and you can enjoy Saturdays in the fall. Let's all be grateful that we're tech fans.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
What makes you think I'm taking it personally? I just think you need to take some of your negativity and shove it. This fanbase doesn't need pessimistic views every time they read something you post. Just lighten up, at the end of the day.. It's just football. Our guys go out every week and bust their tails so guys like me and you can enjoy Saturdays in the fall. Let's all be grateful that we're tech fans.

The ignore button works quite well ;)

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Last time we hired a middle age AD that basically never touched a football. At least he wrote a visionary plan which he and those that hired him think is a great accomplishment. I can see them all in meeting rooms getting "aligned goals statements and buyin". Blah blah we need more admin staff and funding for everyone to operate our plan. Can see prez saying "why are u leaving? My staff and I were having so much fun in your meetings
Can u say "loose and adrift"!

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
this is for @Whiskey_Clear ; the fact true freshman crack the 2 deep does concern me on the OL....It really does. Step back and think about this. Any school, any year, when you say you have and need 3 true freshman to play on the OL; it typically is concerning...it just is...

I wonder if Paul is also messing with the media being overly different than the past? Ie not getting on his young guys too much publicly tearing em up and then they lose confidence...they are young...

I think some of it is simply a numbers game. Behind our starters, we have on scholarship, Marshall at center, Stickler, Muns, and Freshmen. His tone was generally upbeat about these guys coming in ready to compete.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Last time we hired a middle age AD that basically never touched a football. At least he wrote a visionary plan which he and those that hired him think is a great accomplishment. I can see them all in meeting rooms getting "aligned goals statements and buyin". Blah blah we need more admin staff and funding for everyone to operate our plan. Can see prez saying "why are u leaving? My staff and I were having so much fun in your meetings "

Can u say "loose and adrift"!

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer

I don't remember him saying he NEEDED the three freshman to play. Cpj said they are very strong guys and it's unusual for guys to come in and be ready to play. I don't think it's the fact that we need them to play but that they are just that good as stated by cpj. Cpj isn't a coach to just blow spoke guys we should all know that by now.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Rumor that MM has hurt his knee. Might not have worked out as hard as he should this summer...
An injury is not always indicative of lack of training/conditioning, so that's a pretty large leap to take. I really hope it's not true, I've been excited to see Marcus carry the rock this year.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
Rumor that MM has hurt his knee. Might not have worked out as hard as he should this summer...

Well, this will test 33's depth theory. (also, i think people are giving 33 unfair shots. He has his opinion, and it's not a crazy one. It may not be one you agree with, but him having an honest opinion, doesn't make him an anti-tech guy.)

Techster

Helluva Engineer
CPJ had some glowing remarks about Marcus Marshall a few days ago. I doubt CPJ would say those things if MM wasn't doing what he was supposed to. Unfortunately, injuries happen...even to guys who train like all stars. Just look at what happened to JJ Watt.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I have heard many on this board wonder out loud what CPJ's motivation was for making a certain comment on a given day. I may be off base, but I have come to the opinion after listening to the man for 9 years that CPJ simply tells it like it is (in his mind at the time) without motive or much fear at all for consequences. In the case of 2016 fall camp, I really don't think he is trying to massage the fan base or give his team confidence with his recent interviews. He has an optimistic tone, probably because, given his experience, he is seeing things that usually translate to success. That snippet from 2015 says it all IMHO. We all know how the season unfolded and the problems we had.

Boomer's post pretty much sums up my impression. I heard an interview(outside of Atlanta) before which the hosts described CPJ as one of only two coaches that they talk to who simply says what he thinks. Last year, many people on GTSwarm were convinced that CPJ was sandbagging. We had two blowout wins against sub par competition and he wanted our next opponents to be overconfident. As it turned out, he was simply telling the truth.

This year he says that three freshment OL showed up bigger and stronger than expected. They have a legitimate shot at making the two-deep. If they do make the two-deep they will play. People on GTSwarn are convinced that either: They have already been named starters, or that the rest of the OL stinks if three freshmen can make it. When the coach says exactly what he means, you cannot try to read between the lines. He didn't say they will be on the two deep. He also has spoken very highly of the other offensive linemen. I would suggest that everyone listen to what he says, and not try read anything else into his statements.