#GTCamp2016

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Can I just say that the new GT closing animation on these videos is so much better than what they used to use? That 12 second slowly spinning GT logo with the blaring noise was so annoying. This new one is pretty cool.
Agreed...plus I like the new BMW backdrop much better than the old Aaron's one. Little things like this can have a compounding in presenting the right image for the program, glad to see these improvements.

GTBillyJosh

Jolly Good Fellow
Recruiting class 2013 was horrible.
Can't have a class like that and it not effect the team down the road.

Agreed.

At the time, I loved the 2013 class. Looking back, it's a lot of "what if's". What if we still had Custis? What if we actually had some quality depth on the DL with Kevin Robbins, Justin Akins and Darius Commissiong? Our least recruited player of that class ended up becoming the best (PJ). Just a weird class overall.

When 8 of the 14 have transferred / kicked out / Medical Scholly.... You know it's a bad class.

Cam

Helluva Engineer
Agreed.

At the time, I loved the 2013 class. Looking back, it's a lot of "what if's". What if we still had Custis? What if we actually had some quality depth on the DL with Kevin Robbins, Justin Akins and Darius Commissiong? Our least recruited player of that class ended up becoming the best (PJ). Just a weird class overall.

When 8 of the 14 have transferred / kicked out / Medical Scholly.... You know it's a bad class.
We weren't the only ones. If you check out the uga 2013 class, they had 34 signees and 17 of them left the team for medical reasons, arrests, lack of playing time, etc. Of the remaining 17, only about 5 made any real impact on the team. I would think our situation is worse though, considering it hurts balancing numbers in later years.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
For Shamire, I think anything from 360 down will do just fine. I see that the roster has him at 370, but, if he got his conditioning better (apparently so), that's a plus. I expect him to play at around 360 or so, depending on how much easy fat he has to loose.

Imho, the key for him was never to get his weight way down. I don't think he'll ever see 340 again; he's just naturally big (gigantic, actually). What he needed to do, he apparently did: he got in better condition. I continue to expect great things from him this year, but we'll see.

Gtech50

Ramblin' Wreck
Does anyone remember CPJ ever being this optimistic during fall camp? He seems to have nothing but positives to say during his interviews

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Does anyone remember CPJ ever being this optimistic during fall camp? He seems to have nothing but positives to say during his interviews

Definitely not. I really feel the chemistry is there and good things are on the horizon. I have been shocked at PJ's responses every post practice interview, in a good way.