GT vs Pitt Postgame

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
For those that are ready to Fire CPJ at the end of the season.....are you prepared to have 2 if not 3 really bad seasons. Like 2-10?

This was my argument...before today. Now, I feel like the season is lost and a 5-win season is our max. With that thought, I’d like CPJ to resign because we can’t afford to fire him. Whether we transition now or at the end of CPJ’s contract, I’ve always expected at bumpy ride so let’s do it now. A different face might help with recruiting and I think CPJ is going to have a hard time getting commits now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
PJ called an ok game as an OC. There were some questionable calls going for it on 4th, but I am not sure that King could have made a field goal. Probably should have tried anyway. Would like to know why the fake punt with a DL. At the end of the day, our upper classmen aren't playing well. Just can't seem to make plays anywhere really.

Didn’t King try a 52 yarder? Didn’t he also miss a PAT? Which happened first?

stech81

Helluva Engineer
This was my argument...before today. Now, I feel like the season is lost and a 5-win season is our max. With that thought, I’d like CPJ to resign because we can’t afford to fire him. Whether we transition now or at the end of CPJ’s contract, I’ve always expected at bumpy ride so let’s do it now. A different face might help with recruiting and I think CPJ is going to have a hard time getting commits now.

I agree didn't think last week I would but it is time

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
Didn’t King try a 52 yarder? Didn’t he also miss a PAT? Which happened first?

We were going to try a fake FG, but pitt spotted it. We attempted to kick it, but missed by a lot. The Pat miss was in the second half.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
There have finally been some rational posts on moving on. I appreciate his tenure, but he seems to have lost something.

But look, we ain’t gonna fire him guys. We can’t afford to unless someone comes in an privately pays the buyout. I want to say it’s something like 1 Million per year, so 4 Million...that’d leave us in great shape to pay a new coach and accomplish this AA2020 stuff...Only hope is that he decides he’s done and retires...which ain’t gonna happen.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I hope you are not right I like to think our players are fine and it s the coaching.

Could be. I think its both but the players we have don't scare anyone. Teams can put 8 in the box and we cannot get open. I love to bash Marshall as much as anyone about how he misses reads and tries to do too much and is not a "real" quarterback but he seldom has time to look downfield without some 280 pound monster staring him in the face. It is not something you can point fingers at and say its the quarterback or the line or the D or the special teams it is the whole ball of wax. This is what years of mediocre recruiting does to a football program.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
There have finally been some rational posts on moving on. I appreciate his tenure, but he seems to have lost something.

But look, we ain’t gonna fire him guys. We can’t afford to unless someone comes in an privately pays the buyout. I want to say it’s something like 1 Million per year, so 4 Million...that’d leave us in great shape to pay a new coach and accomplish this AA2020 stuff...Only hope is that he decides he’s done and retires...which ain’t gonna happen.

But, as has been said, it may very well cost us more to keep him than to fire him.

Reminds me of the days when ACC expansion was being talked about. Many geniuses on our boards said we would lose money because the pot would be divided up by more teams. Zero realization that expansion would bring in more money.

GTJeff1975

Jolly Good Fellow
Thought I would create a new thread but will just add it here. Did the fake punt cost us....based on the numbers yes. Or what if Camp catches that pass and maybe scores.
In reality the Defense played fairly well. They gave up 2 drives in the first half, the short drive was 20 yards. And then only 3 points in the second half.
The issue was offense in the first half. I don't think we were ready to play. We are also being eaten up by injuries on the line.

So I am still in this and think we can have a pretty good season.
For those that are ready to Fire CPJ at the end of the season.....are you prepared to have 2 if not 3 really bad seasons. Like 2-10? The defense is not going to get better as a new scheme would be brought in. It would take 2-3 years to recruit to what would no doubt be a pass happy offense. We would have to get different QBs, O-lineman etc.

Let's see how this season rolls out.

With the way the offense is playing we are looking at a 2-10 season as we sit. That would be 3 of the last 4 seasons with a horrid record.

Honestly does anyone enjoy watching our offense anymore? This program is desperate for a change in coaching. Go see if we can get Satterfield and keep some consistency with the defense. Offense would be much more fun to watch. Would be have some growing pains? Possibly but this fear that we have to keep CPJ or be doomed is nonsensical