GT vs Pitt Postgame

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
Was the fake punt a called play or was it based on a read of how Pitt lined up. I thought our kicking units were coached to do the fake if they saw a certain alignment for a few years now.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Was the fake punt a called play or was it based on a read of how Pitt lined up. I thought our kicking units were coached to do the fake if they saw a certain alignment for a few years now.

CPJ said in his postgame that the punting team guys told him they thought it was open. He called the play, and took responsibility for it. He did mention that the play was for the ball carrier to run wide, and not turn up field in the middle of the defense, but again he owned the call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MidtownJacket

Staff member
CPJ was supposed to right the ship in the off-season. I hope your right, but we have a very tough opponent next week. , Some of the fixes are more than mid season fixes at this point

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

No doubt I am disappointed with the outcome of the game as much as you. I just think calls for ousting him are emotional reactions from people, not balanced decisions.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Please tell me how money will fix our current problems. We have data that shows all trends down with the exception of money.

Because we are still, despite the success of the Ai2020 and locker room renovation, severely underfunded for what people’s expectations are.

Go race a Ferrari versus a fiat. Passion, ability, excitement, trickery, knowledge, etc don’t mean squat when a v4 lines up against a v12.

Support the program, or don’t support it. Understand though the knock on effect of our actions and own them the same way we all expect CPJ to own his.

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
Because we are still, despite the success of the Ai2020 and locker room renovation, severely underfunded for what people’s expectations are.

Go race a Ferrari versus a fiat. Passion, ability, excitement, trickery, knowledge, etc don’t mean squat when a v4 lines up against a v12.

Support the program, or don’t support it. Understand though the knock on effect of our actions and own them the same way we all expect CPJ to own his.

We spend twice as much on football as USF......which team is more successful?

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
I feel bad for Parker Braun. If we could get the other 21 guys playing to play like him, we would win the National Championship. Still love my Yellow Jackets but this is getting hard to watch.

Go Jackets!

GT_EE78

Banned
the best case may be for him to announce NOW that this is his last season. Renounce the buyouts if still applicable.
I'd to see him go thru another year of lackluster recruiting and this has to end. Sooner is better but maybe he could use the last season as a motivator.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Question for you all.
If you had a coach that won 10 games, then went

4-6, 5-5, 6-5,5-5 would you have fired him.......if so then you just Fired Bobby Dodd after his 1960 season. Think about that a minute.
I feel bad for Parker Braun. If we could get the other 21 guys playing to play like him, we would win the National Championship. Still love my Yellow Jackets but this is getting hard to watch.

Go Jackets!
He is a joy to watch. I go add that to some good things at pitt!

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck
Didn’t King try a 52 yarder? Didn’t he also miss a PAT? Which happened first?

Yes, King tried from 52. Was a terrible attempt. Then he missed a PAT. King is not playing well. On that account I am not sure I blame PJ for going.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Question for you all.

4-6, 5-5, 6-5,5-5 would you have fired him.......
Question for you all.

4-6, 5-5, 6-5,5-5 would you have fired him.......if so then you just Fired Bobby Dodd after his 1960 season. Think about that a minute.
In all honesty with all you give me to see YES, but I really would need to see what happen before those 10 wins . So in this case you are not showing the whole story. ( trick question) now ask it if the years before that coach was 11-0-1, 12-0, 9-2-1, 8-3, 9-1-1, and 10-1 would you ? NO

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I don’t need to, I am not the one making a claim money will help. I am simply asking for your evidence of that. And I already helped you by pointing out one team that proves you wrong

In fact you do need to. That’s how conversations work. I said I wrote a check today to help improve our situation and encouraged others to do the same.

You responded by saying that USF has spent less money than us and has had better success over the last 3-5 years (a dubious claim I personally disagree with) and so I asked you to lay out their success beyond a single win head to head against us this year.