GT vs Pitt Postgame

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by jeffgt14, Sep 15, 2018 at 3:48 PM.

1. jeffgt14

jeffgt14 Helluva Engineer

2. Scubapro

Scubapro Ramblin' Wreck

I will never be done but sheet....its getting more and more painful

Adadu, GTonTop88, UpperNorth and 9 others like this.
  3. gtg936g

gtg936g Helluva Engineer

That was definitely brutal to watch.

Adadu, GTonTop88, UpperNorth and 5 others like this.
  4. lv20gt

lv20gt Helluva Engineer

If Johnson was serious about what he said before he should retire. I don't expect him to, but it's clear that he is no longer effective.

GT14, sc jacket 22, Adadu and 3 others like this.
  5. Gold1

Gold1 Helluva Engineer

Just gonna put it in the official postgame thread.

Because i love my Yellow Jackets so much and i really like this board all im going to say is FIRE PAUL JOHNSON. Go Jackets. Peace out guys

6. Oakland

Oakland Helluva Engineer

That was brilliant. And the wide open receiver, I blame the new Adidas gloves. If I was UA or Nike I'd use that in my commercials.

Jacketman and okiemon like this.
  7. bke1984

bke1984 Helluva Engineer

The dude definitely seems to have some issues with game management. The fake punt and the way the clock was managed at the end were just atrocious.

8. lv20gt

lv20gt Helluva Engineer

I blame the weather. We clearly prepared to play in the rain.

9. jeffgt14

jeffgt14 Helluva Engineer

10. Oakland

Oakland Helluva Engineer

Time to retire, please.

11. Oldgoldandwhite

Oldgoldandwhite Helluva Engineer

After the Alcorn St game for saying we were not very good. Several of us on here got scolded for telling the truth. We are not very good.

GT14, Jacket4Life, pinglett and 8 others like this.
  12. joehamiltonfan14

joehamiltonfan14 Ramblin' Wreck

Fake punt and offensive ineptitude cost us the game. Seriously wtf was that fake punt?

Adadu, TechTyler_17, 64jacket and 3 others like this.
  13. Ibeeballin

Ibeeballin GT Athlete Featured Member

By far the worst coach team of his tenure. We look dumb out there for a bunch of smart kids

bigbug8, GT14, Sean311 and 19 others like this.
  14. tech_wreck47

tech_wreck47 Helluva Engineer

As most of y’all know, I’m a big CPJ fan, and I still think he’s a good coach. I have explained many times that it’s not fair to him because of the resources he has been give. With that being said though, this stuff is getting old and unacceptable against teams like this. Going for it instead of kicking a field goal and the fake punt that early should not happen imo. This team for two years now has looked unprepared and just seem to be out there just to be out there.

On the bright side, the D held them to only 3 after the half and 1 TD came from a really short field.

15. MikeJackets1967

MikeJackets1967 Helluva Engineer

Horrible freaking loss:banghead:

bwelbo likes this.
  16. ctcjb

ctcjb Jolly Good Fellow

CPJ didn't help much today with play calling. 1 rocket toss today (maybe 2), no mid-line in the first half? I don't understand why we don't run WR reverse at least once per game to hold the safeties at least a little. As someone that has been an OC for 15 years, not using a play sheet isn't genius. It's narcissistic. I still believe he gets lost on his calls and "forgets" potential plays in-game.

bigsands, QuickKick, GT14 and 9 others like this.
  17. OldJacketFan

OldJacketFan Helluva Engineer

We're very much on the same page. And you hit the nail on the head with "This team for two years now has looked unprepared" and if for no other reason PJ should retire at the end of the season.

18. GTweatherguy

GTweatherguy Georgia Tech Fan

Long time lurker and 11-yr season ticket holder. Love GT and what our program stands for and have been a huge CPJ fan since he started in 2008. But the trajectory of our program is heading in the wrong direction. Its time to move on ...

upwgdrb, GT14, GTHOSCHTON and 18 others like this.
  19. Jawtek82

Jawtek82 Georgia Tech Fan

It was painful. This was not Clemson, or UGA, or even Miami or VT. This was a bad team which lost at home last week 51-6.

20. GTRX7

GTRX7 Helluva Engineer

Johnson called a great game last week and we lost in spite of that. Johnson did not call a good first half today and we lost because of that.