GT vs Pitt Postgame

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
We gave up 24 today but our D scheme is 10x better than roofs and we swarm to ball as well as play with more effort.

This sounds like the people that blindly said that brian gregory was doing better than Hewitt for like the first 3 years even though we were terrible.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
I actually thought the D did OK (not great but OK) given the short fields in the first half. Our personnel was Not great at 4-3 and we need a massive improvement in LBs for a 3-4.

Today was about 1) CPJ coaching decisions 2) OL injuries and issues and 3) Taquon’s decisions and accuracy.

A game IMO we should win. This one hurt

Taqon should never start another game at qb. He can't beat teams making correct option decisions and he can't beat you throwing the ball. One of my many pet peeves with Paul. He's all about seniority. Well I'd rather watch a freshman make the same mistake 100x than a senior

Deleted member 2897

This sounds like the people that blindly said that brian gregory was doing better than Hewitt for like the first 3 years even though we were terrible.

Our defense is not terrible under any number of statistics.

Deleted member 2897

Taqon should never start another game at qb. He can't beat teams making correct option decisions and he can't beat you throwing the ball. One of my many pet peeves with Paul. He's all about seniority. Well I'd rather watch a freshman make the same mistake 100x than a senior

To your point, Matthew Jordan was going to start over Lucas, TaQuon, and Jay Jones before he got hurt. :whistle:

okiemon

Helluva Engineer

I don’t think he’s as much “about seniority” as he is about, once he’s made a decision, sticking with it no matter what rather than admitting he made a bad decision.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thought I would create a new thread but will just add it here. Did the fake punt cost us....based on the numbers yes. Or what if Camp catches that pass and maybe scores.
In reality the Defense played fairly well. They gave up 2 drives in the first half, the short drive was 20 yards. And then only 3 points in the second half.
The issue was offense in the first half. I don't think we were ready to play. We are also being eaten up by injuries on the line.

So I am still in this and think we can have a pretty good season.
For those that are ready to Fire CPJ at the end of the season.....are you prepared to have 2 if not 3 really bad seasons. Like 2-10? The defense is not going to get better as a new scheme would be brought in. It would take 2-3 years to recruit to what would no doubt be a pass happy offense. We would have to get different QBs, O-lineman etc.

Let's see how this season rolls out.

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck
PJ called an ok game as an OC. There were some questionable calls going for it on 4th, but I am not sure that King could have made a field goal. Probably should have tried anyway. Would like to know why the fake punt with a DL. At the end of the day, our upper classmen aren't playing well. Just can't seem to make plays anywhere really.

Scubapro

Banned
I usually don't second guess but I have to scratch my head with the fake punt...we tried some counters...thought we needed a reverse in those situations just to keep them honest...we needed the throw back pass that got us a TD up there a few years ago. PJ called a horrible game.
I know PJ sees TQ in practice and says he can pass...but I have yet to see him perform constantly in a game... time to go to Tobias. Whats the worst that can happen? Miss a wide open receiver? Got that now. Not be on the same play as the receiver? Got that now. Put the ball on the ground or make a bad pitch? Got that now.
I like TQ but as of now he is just an athlete playing QB.

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck
Thought I would create a new thread but will just add it here. Did the fake punt cost us....based on the numbers yes. Or what if Camp catches that pass and maybe scores.
In reality the Defense played fairly well. They gave up 2 drives in the first half, the short drive was 20 yards. And then only 3 points in the second half.
The issue was offense in the first half. I don't think we were ready to play. We are also being eaten up by injuries on the line.

For those that are ready to Fire CPJ at the end of the season.....are you prepared to have 2 if not 3 really bad seasons. Like 2-10? The defense is not going to get better as a new scheme would be brought in. It would take 2-3 years to recruit to what would no doubt be a pass happy offense. We would have to get different QBs, O-lineman etc.

Dude, we may be 2-10 or 3-9 this year. Regardless he should finish the year coaching.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer

Omg

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Back in 13’ before 14’ I wanted CPJ gone then 14’ came and I thought the program may have turned a corner for good. Now, I don’t know, but the alum have to say enough is enough.

I want GT to compete consistently for titles and I don’t feel CPJ is the coach that can achieve that.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
Dude, we may be 2-10 or 3-9 this year. Regardless he should finish the year coaching.

If we win another game I'll be surprised. We are bad in every aspect of the game. I can't sit here and think of a way we could lean on a certain unit and win

Back in 13’ before 14’ I wanted CPJ gone then 14’ came and I thought the program may have turned a corner for good. Now, I don’t know, but the alum have to say enough is enough.

I want GT to compete consistently for titles and I don’t feel CPJ is the coach that can achieve that.

LOL when have we consistently competed for titles........ I will take CPJ and his 11 win seasons any day.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
No offense to any players, but we need some leaders that are not only leaders with their voice, but guys that go out and ball out on the field, week in and week out.