GT vs Pitt Postgame

ctcjb

Georgia Tech Fan
I have been a huge TaQuon supporter. My support for him is running on low. I have some hope, but goodness gracious. Really bad passer, and he calls his own number WAY too many times. That last interception in the end zone was a killer. He played the whole game injured. Why? We needed Tobias today. TaQuon was not effective at all. Also, we don't have any good WRs. Stewart and Camp are meh. Camp's drop today was absolutely awful. Malachi Carter looks like he could be a player, though.

TM played selfish today. reminded me of a couple of games last year. Pitches were there on the option, he was hesitant to make them. At this stage of his career, it doesn't make sense. Maybe it's not fair to him to even be asking him to play QB...

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
Really bad passer, and he calls his own number WAY too many times.

Yep. The same as last year, but he got a pass because calling his own number netted a lot of yards. But even so, we didn’t win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eli

Helluva Engineer
Those that believed that magically a difference D scheme would make mediocre players all world were wrong. Roof's philosophy kept us in more games than it cost us, but either way, with Roof or Woody, we have to have better front 7 players.

We gave up 24 today but our D scheme is 10x better than roofs and we swarm to ball as well as play with more effort.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
CPJ didn't help much today with play calling. 1 rocket toss today (maybe 2), no mid-line in the first half? I don't understand why we don't run WR reverse at least once per game to hold the safeties at least a little. As someone that has been an OC for 15 years, not using a play sheet isn't genius. It's narcissistic. I still believe he gets lost on his calls and "forgets" potential plays in-game.

He is old and lost his edge. It happens to everyone. There is a reason people or most are ready to retire at 60. You lose the intensity.

Fully unprepared and poorly coached team. And alot of his staff he relies on are aging too

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
I actually thought the D did OK (not great but OK) given the short fields in the first half. Our personnel was Not great at 4-3 and we need a massive improvement in LBs for a 3-4.

Today was about 1) CPJ coaching decisions 2) OL injuries and issues and 3) Taquon’s decisions and accuracy.

A game IMO we should win. This one hurt

Deleted member 2897

Another game with a good bit more offense than our opponent. But another loss. A missed FG, missed XP, missed 2 PT, missed fake punt on 4th and long from barely our own 20.

I’ve not seen CPJ make so many bad moves so often.

And man, BS dropped a catchable ball and didn’t block his guy on a long Howard run - that would have been 2 TDS on 2 drives where we ended up with 0 points.

The fake punt is on CPJ, so I see our defense give up 17 and say they weren’t world beaters, but they’re not the problem.

In the last 2 years, we’ve lost our top 4 BBs (Marshall, Mills, Quaide, Benson) and QBs 2-4 (Jordan, Johnson, Jones). We just don’t have the depth to play like that. And even our seniors on offense seem out of synch.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
First I Love Tech, I like CPJ wish he could turn things around but don't see that now. After today it can only be a few things.

The players are not that good ( I hope and don't think this is the case )
The players have quit on CPJ ( again I hope not ) but remember it only takes a few bad apples to mess a team up
CPJ is a good coach but can't get the players to follow him.
CJP for some reason is now lost and don't know what to do with the players. ( I'm afraid this is the case )
Everyone in the ACC now knows how to stop this offense and we can't counter what they do
We need to stop looking a star ratings for defensive players and only sign ones who can tackle even if they are no stars.
looking at our schedule we play VT, NC , and uga on the road so you have to think all 3 we lose. yes even NC
Clemson we lose that leaves Duke Bowling Green, Miami , and UVa at home I don't see us winning all 4 games maybe 2 .

If I were CPJ I would step down after this year, I hate it and know that means 3 more bad years and at my age I'm running out of time.

I will still get season tickets and go to all the home games like I did in 1981 and hope we can find a coach. But some of the ones Y'all have named one you want but they will not come to Tech once they learn how bad their hands are tied up. I sorry I just don't see this program improving for a long long very long time if things don't change to help the football program. We are the new Duke of the ACC.