GT vs Pitt Postgame

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Can we all boycott the CPJ show? Let’s make some noise as fans that we are not excepting this mess lol.

The problem is that there are enough people with their head in the sand about PJ that it will still just be filled with people in denial.

katlong

Jolly Good Fellow
If you are going to fake the punt, use someone that knows how to run. Juanyeh? And oh my was there grease on the ball or something? Marshall, Searcy, Lynch dropped it. Stewart and Camp dropped passes.

As bad as they played today they still had 2 opportunities to win, which frustrates me. They didn’t give up, but continued to make mistakes. I do think the best 2 plays of the game were the 2 deep ball breakups. Carpenter had some good plays, and St Amour had good first half.

Why do we rush 3 on 3rd and long and let them get open? What exactly is the strategy?

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
The problem is that there are enough people with their head in the sand about PJ that it will still just be filled with people in denial.
Idk about that I’m a CPJ fan, although something need to give. I’d be willing to do this though, that’s if I even went in the first place lol.

katlong

Jolly Good Fellow
CPJ didn't help much today with play calling. 1 rocket toss today (maybe 2), no mid-line in the first half? I don't understand why we don't run WR reverse at least once per game to hold the safeties at least a little. As someone that has been an OC for 15 years, not using a play sheet isn't genius. It's narcissistic. I still believe he gets lost on his calls and "forgets" potential plays in-game.
Definitely doesn’t use the talent he has to the best ability. A backs are not getting used, and that’s a miss in my book

91Wreck

Jolly Good Fellow
I just believe it is time for our fan base to come together on the issue of Paul Johnson.

The Paul Johnson haters should give him credit for what he has done the previous 10 seasons. It has overall been a nice body of work and the 2014 season is literally a once in a generation season for GT. I think he has done as well if not better than any coach we could have hired over the same period. I appreciate what he has done. I have a lot of fond memories at Bobby Dodd during his tenure.

The Paul Johnson apologists should now realize that his time is over at Tech. Even if he is still coaching next season, he has lost this team. For years his offense could overcome bad defenses and special teams. But the offense can no longer hide the multiple deficiencies with this team. He used to be able to out coach the other guy on game day. That is no longer the case. He has simply made too many questionable decisions lately. And his teams seem ill prepared.

And finally, he is stubborn. We had a QB who cannot throw and has a bad wheel. Yet he played the entire game and threw the ball poorly once again. Could we have not at least tried at half time to put in the guy that led us to 3 straight touchdowns in the second half of USF? I just don't buy the whole "he sees them at practice every day" argument. We see what is going on every Saturday. With Oliver, we would be no worse than 1-2 right now. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. This is how I feel about CPJ's coaching decisions every week.

Jacketman1

Ramblin' Wreck
I have been a huge TaQuon supporter. My support for him is running on low. I have some hope, but goodness gracious. Really bad passer, and he calls his own number WAY too many times. That last interception in the end zone was a killer. He played the whole game injured. Why? We needed Tobias today. TaQuon was not effective at all. Also, we don't have any good WRs. Stewart and Camp are meh. Camp's drop today was absolutely awful. Malachi Carter looks like he could be a player, though.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
That drop by Camp was awful, but so was the throw, to be honest. He probably fell asleep waiting for it. I believe a dual threat QB, a real one, would make a huge difference. TM is not a good passer, bottomline.

I said the same thing about the pass to Camp, he was SO wide open and had to wait on the pass, that gave him time to get anxious about catching and running with it. It might sound silly to say that but when you hit a receiver in stride instinct and ability take over.

northgajacket

Banned
2A492514-76D0-4D18-9047-BB37BAB8AC44.jpeg

Might be seeing this on CPJs front yard real soon?

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm with Katlong. I don't see any more pressure with the new defense than with Roof's defenses. 'Bout killed me at one point when we had them third and long back at their 10 or 15. We give the passer no pressure and he calmly throws for the first down. I thought that would change.

We have a really poor team this year. No play makers. Coach needs to somehow keep the players from figuring that out so they will continue to compete and hopefully improve.

Our recruiting pitch should be if you are a play maker, you can start as a freshman. No position on either side of the ball is taken.