GT vs Louisville

Deleted member 2897

FWIW, my expectation for next season is 17-18 regular season wins. My expectation for this season was 14-15 regular season wins.

Yep, and I'm sadly staying with my ACC prediction of 6-12. That was really hard to not touch when we were 3-1. But the reality is we had Lammers, Okogie, and Jackson back. 2 starters, 1 heavy player off the bench. We'll get there, but these things can't happen overnight. Just keep backing the guys 100%. They won't need us as much when they're 22-8 in a couple years, they need us now.

Deleted member 2897

With all due respeck .... it's not just one. Dude multiplies like a freaking bacteria.

Ron Bell chat room accounts be like:
giphy.gif

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
6-12 sounds about right. Heck if you had told me that we would lose Curtis for basically all of the ACC schedule and have Ben playing at roughly 70% of where he was last year and Tad playing slightly below last year I would have guessed 3-4 ACC wins for this season.

i think Jose and Curt played well together and not having him has hurt our offensive firepower and our depth.
He basically started and was getting starter min beginning with the 3rd game - Rio-Grande Valley. it's sort of interesting to see Curtis' and Jose' stats for those 6 games before Curt got injured.
Curtis
204 min (34 mpg), 18-34 FG, 12-22 3FG, 13-16 FT, 61 pts (10.2 ppg), 29 rbs (4.8), 13 PF, 26 assts, 8 TO (3.25:1), 2 blks, 9 stls
Jose
207 min (34.5 mpg), 27-59 FG, 13-31 3FG, 14-18 FT, 81 pts (13.5 ppg), 27 rbs (4.5), 17 PF, 21 assts, 13 TO (1.6:1), 0 blks, 12 stls

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
We'll be better on in the back court and worse in the front court. Fortunately basketball is currently a back court heavy game which means we'll probably get better. We're basically trading Tad for Devoe, Phillips, Moore, a healthy Haywood, and more experience for Okogie and Jose. We'll be significantly more experienced, have better ball handling, 3 guys with pg skills rather than 1, and a more traditional talent scheme as Tad was a weird post up guard a lot of the times. In the front court we trade Ben for Sjollund and some experience on Wright and Cole. We're going to get worse defensively for sure, and probably offensively, but there's a chance that offense will be closer to a wash because Ben just isn't hitting the shots this year like he's capable of. What we really need is to get experience on Wright and Cole though. The more we get now, the better off we'll be next year.

The last thing we want to do is take a grad transfer big and rely on them. It would put us in a terrible situation in 19-20 losing both him and gueye leaving us with 0 experience, and likely entering the same spiral that we saw fail for the last "coaching" staff.
I would definitely not count on Cole or Wright to help much in the the future and for that matter Hayward either. These guys are not acc types; athletically or basketball IQ. Alston is about a number 3 guy off an acc bench. And I am one that tries to be positive! Also too much going on with Pastner, Labarrie, and Bell! Also I was ALL in on the program as last year's season developed! Now it has got to be completely proven again.

MiracleWhips

Ramblin' Wreck
Anytime your 2 SR (who are supposed to be 2/3 of your big three) go a combined 2/14, 6 pts, 9 rb, 0 assts, 5 TO you are going to lose and probably badly.

It is hard to watch Ben right now. He looks like his confidence is just shot. He wasn't making anything, close to the basket or not.

Nice to see Evan and Moses get a little time. Pretty easy to tell on the court that Evan is a little further along right now.
it's pretty appropriate right now to get them at least 5 mpg. If they are handling it ok, you can keep them in a little longer, if not then you take them out.

Nice to see you posting Jumpman.

I expect another ugly loss on Sunday. Duke is going to be steamed after 2 straight losses. We always seem to play them at the wrong time. remember last year it was when Grayson was allowed to come back and the last game before K disappeared for his health issues.

Nwora was a kid I really wanted last year. Played AAU ball with Jose. GT recruited him but as soon as L'ville offered it was over. I liked him alot more than Tucker.

I can agree with everything in this statement except for cole is further along than Wright

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I would definitely not count on Cole or Wright to help much in the the future and for that matter Hayward either. These guys are not acc types; athletically or basketball IQ. Alston is about a number 3 guy off an acc bench. And I am one that tries to be positive! Also too much going on with Pastner, Labarrie, and Bell! Also I was ALL in on the program as last year's season developed! Now it has got to be completely proven again.

I disagree with this 100%
Before his injury Haywood's numbers were very similar to Jose's, yet one is ACC caliber and one not. That makes no sense.

Moses and Evan are expected to be ACC caliber players as JR, not as FR. Saying they are not ACC types is too early to make that statement.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer

No.

No no no.

Some of you guys are fragile. I can say that because I’m a bit a fragile sometimes as well. CGB will be a fan favorite like Marvin by the time he is done I think.

MiracleWhips

Ramblin' Wreck
He is. His hustle on defense last night was a lot better.
Wait. so you came to that conclusion over a total of like
Wow this is definitely a HOT take.
CGB and Wright will be stellar players in the season to come if Pastner can configure his offense to suit these guys. Cole will be a solid RP once he gains a lil confidence.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Sorry, I can't agree with that at all. Especially when cole got lost on a pick and roll which lead to an easy alley oop. Turning the ball over as well.
Cole had to edge the ball carrier. AD should have rotated over to help him.