GT vs Louisville

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
Any other GT fans living around the Louisville area, that will be going to the game? We will be sitting in section 110. Sort of close to the GT bench.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Hopefully having the Bow Hunter there will help with our shooting accuracy!! LOL...we surely need it. Maybe we can have a game where we shoot like BC on Sunday. In all seriousness, this is the type of game that everyone counts us out (line is +10) and we make it interesting. It wouldn't surprise me at all to us pull the upset tonight. I'm confident that we will be competitive, I just don't know if we can play a complete enough game to win.

If St. Johns can beat Villanova on their home floor, anything is possible!! Oh Lord, please let us this happen because Louisville is right there with Duke/UNC with respect to my hatred toward their program.

Pull us through Bow Hunter!!

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
The Cardinals are pretty inconsistent and quite inefficient as well. They dont really share the ball and play more one on one type basketball. We match up pretty well with them as Adel (who is about as inefficient as they come) will obviously draw Okogie and AD and Ben obviously match up well with their front line. I also believe Mahmoud is a little dinged up.

We are 1-6 in true road games this year so that obviously isn't a good thing. I wouldnt be shocked to see a guy like Sutton or McMahon have one of those "who is this guy drilling all these triples on us" type games.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Looking at ESPN we are an 8.5 point dog with a 13% chance to win.
Not pretty before you look at our road record.
Both teams play well we probably have small chance to win. But as stated Louisville is capable of rolling a stinker out there so I have hope :)

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I do not have high hopes for this game. L'ville has lost 2 straight home games and if they want to go to the NCAA Tourney they can't really afford to lose this one as well.

GT_EE78

Banned
Looking at ESPN we are an 8.5 point dog with a 13% chance to win.
Not pretty before you look at our road record.
Both teams play well we probably have small chance to win. But as stated Louisville is capable of rolling a stinker out there so I have hope :)
Syracuse beat them at home. So can we! it will be a good night to watch some quality basketball since either GT will play a solid competitive game or we can switch to NC/Duke at 8pm. That's always a great game to watch because one of them has to lose.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Please play Wright and Cole some for god's sake. We looked tired, lacking energy, and we're clearly not winning anything with this 6 man nonsense. Expand the rotation and make the games mean something because right now we're doing nothing but losing while not gaining anything.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Well that was about as bad a half as I've seen us play.

This is going to be one to flush down the toilet and move on.
Thought tonight was likely to be ugly. L'ville was going to be desperate to win and it shows. They are playing at a much higher intensity level.
Poor rebounding, poor shooting, lots of TO, slow rotations.

Saying Pastner hasn't earned his money though is not a fair statement. He's in the middle of a 4-5 yr rebuild.

Deleted member 2897

6 made FG in the first half against 10 Turnovers.

Hot Garbage.

At least we escape the trama of a last second loss. Onward and upward!

New Old Guy

Jolly Good Fellow
I am a huge supporter of the CJP, the program and this team. But tonight they look totally out of sync -- stupid, unforced turnovers are killing us. I have no idea what is going on. Glad I didn't go to this game!