GT v Tarholes Post Game

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Well, if you were watching in 1981 like I was then it is reasonable to expect subconscious flashbacks that make you think we will manage to lose games in any number of ways. UNC has a freshman running back who was the player of the year in Florida as a senor in high school and was a 5 star recruit. Nobody manages to squander talent quite like the Tar Heels.
I did watch , well I was drunk but there :). I had a drinking problem but I was ok with it.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Major props to the WRs for getting after it, even though it looks like there’s a chance they might not collectively get four more receptions for the rest of the year.

You come to GT as a WR for purely scholastic reasons.

Jacketman1

Ramblin' Wreck
Tobias still doesn't seem like a good passer to me, JMO. He did play awesome though, and the D stepped up when we needed them most.

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
I’m trying to figure out what Kirvonte they been watching. Both those guys are doing just fine.
Benson ran for over 1000 yards last year in 11 games, averaged 5.5 ypc, and was named to the All-ACC team. Jerry and Jordan are playing well, but people forget that Benson played really well last year. I'm looking forward to having him back next year and moving one of the other BBs to AB.

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
Way too late in the year to still be putting the ball on the ground so much, I just don't understand what's going on. I'll have to watch the replay to see what exactly was going on with the defense, but this game is kind of what I expected with Nate Woody: big risk, big reward with turnovers. I like the mentality and thought they played well.

The last 4 games have been Good GT, Bad GT, Good GT, Bad GT. So pick us to win next week if you're a gambling man!

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Benson ran for over 1000 yards last year in 11 games, averaged 5.5 ypc, and was named to the All-ACC team. Jerry and Jordan are playing well, but people forget that Benson played really well last year. I'm looking forward to having him back next year and moving one of the other BBs to AB.
And was on his way toward a big game against USF this year. The kid has tree trunks for thighs and like he worked his tail off in the weight room this off-season.

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
We beat the odds today. From Ken S a few days ago:

Since Johnson’s hire, Tech is 19-4 when it makes it through a game without a giveaway, according to sports-reference.com. The record falls to 27-17 with one turnover, 24-20 with two turnovers and 10-17 with three or more.

On the flipside, the Jackets are 8-22 when they don’t force a turnover, 19-18 when gaining one turnover, 22-12 with two and 31-6 with three or more.

Also, noted that UNC is 1-3 in one possession games. I'm not saying they are a good team, but I don't think they are as bad as some of y'all are making them out to be.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
We beat the odds today. From Ken S a few days ago:

Since Johnson’s hire, Tech is 19-4 when it makes it through a game without a giveaway, according to sports-reference.com. The record falls to 27-17 with one turnover, 24-20 with two turnovers and 10-17 with three or more.

On the flipside, the Jackets are 8-22 when they don’t force a turnover, 19-18 when gaining one turnover, 22-12 with two and 31-6 with three or more.

Also, noted that UNC is 1-3 in one possession games. I'm not saying they are a good team, but I don't think they are as bad as some of y'all are making them out to be.
1-7 is 1-7 and no matter how you polish a turd it's still only a turd;)

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Good info.
Basically we didn't LOSE the TO battle.Lucky to have won but unc is just not that good as the record indicates.
PJ BLEW the calls at end of half. NO pts--wtf?
We have fumble games like this WITHOUT the ints by DEF. Nice change.

year_of_the_swarm

Jolly Good Fellow
A lot of great things still on tap for this year... but the emergence of Oliver has me really excited to see what offseason prep with Oliver, Cottrell, Benson, Whatley, and Dontae Smith have for the offense... That right there is a ton of speed on offense. Lynch and Searcy will be missed, but Whatley and Smith are "another level" in terms of speed.