GT v Tarholes Post Game

Techster

Helluva Engineer
You can tell UNC prepped for the QB "sweep" from TO. They were better at limiting it than the previous teams.

You can also tell CPJ planned for it and added some wrinkles and game planned other plays.

Frenchie is a beast. It's a shame he doesn't have another year.

Keep saying it, TO is a better passer than we're giving him credit for...he's more comfortable overall and it's helping his passing.

Ugly win, but 100% always win > loss. Let's get #6 next week.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
I would have loved a blowout, but I can’t help but feel winning one of these games, the types of games we’ve been finding ways to lose the last two years, could actually be better for our team’s confidence and growth than another blowout.

Very proud that our D, after giving up 18 straight points, forced two straight INTs.

I disagree that their D never stopped our O. We were like 4 of 18 on 3rd and 4th downs. That’s not good, but with the game on the line, the O stepped up. TO looked good passing the ball. This O has serious potential with TO.

I think we can win out the ACC schedule. Who knows about UGA.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Me too. I expected a long drive where we wouldn't even get the ball back. Even when we did score I expected UNC to go down, score, and decide to go for 2 to win. We've been through too much last year.
It's ok to think let this after being season ticket holder since 1981 I still piss myself off, sitting there and thinking how we are going to lose while others can enjoy the game.

slugboy

Staff member
Percentage wise, I'd give us a 75% chance to win out assuming we take care of the ball.

Before the UNC game, oddsmakers and the computers gave us a 50% shot of winning two more games, with us heavily favored at UNC. The three remaining games would each be upsets for us, but we have a good shot at getting bowl eligible. I still don’t think oddsmakers would give us a 75% chance for getting to bowl eligibility. Winning next week is HUGE.
We CAN win in upcoming games, but most of the top 10 teams don’t have a 75% shot of winning out, much less us, and our remaining schedule is brutal.