GT v Tarholes Post Game

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Benson ran for over 1000 yards last year in 11 games, averaged 5.5 ypc, and was named to the All-ACC team. Jerry and Jordan are playing well, but people forget that Benson played really well last year. I'm looking forward to having him back next year and moving one of the other BBs to AB.
I get this, but Mason is averaging over 6, at least before today he was. People see how hard Benson is to tackle and I love that about his game. But imo Mason can make guys miss where he doesn’t have to brake a tackle and sometimes that gets over looked compared to someone braking a tackle imo. Honestly it’s close to 1A 1B and 1C with those guys imo. They all bring something differnt to the table, and we are in good shape at that position imo.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
A lot of great things still on tap for this year... but the emergence of Oliver has me really excited to see what offseason prep with Oliver, Cottrell, Benson, Whatley, and Dontae Smith have for the offense... That right there is a ton of speed on offense. Lynch and Searcy will be missed, but Whatley and Smith are "another level" in terms of speed.
We also have two other fast/shifty guys at A back in Jarrett (who I think might start next year) and Gantt.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I think the majority of us agree and CPJ owned his mistake before going into the locker room.

And he owned the mistake at Pitt by trying to go for the fake on 4th down.

Nice, but doesn’t help. Shows a continued arrogance that is hurting us against, at best, average teams.

I hate to say this, but I think a huge reason, maybe as much as anything, that ugag ( to this point) has only lost 3 games in the last 2 years is they don’t make these mistakes. From the coaches to the players.

You can’t play stupid, and you can’t have poor fundamentals.

gtkevin12

Jolly Good Fellow
What else is on your mind? Are you not happy with the coaching? I'm not asking this to be a douche, I'm genuinely interested in your thoughts. I personally think a coaching change is a lot closer than people think, probably end of this year. PJ botched the fg attempt early and it could've beat him. Every coaching card/cheat sheet says kick that fg, and he didn't. It happens more often than we know.

But I had a blast watching the guys play, and I thought PJ called a great game (minus not throwing the ball, especially to WIDE OPEN ABACKS streaking up the seams) but he led us to a big W.

The more success we have makes me even more pissed about the SoFla, Pitt, and Duke games. Paul isn't gonna be here much longer, you heard it here first.

I absolutely love Paul fwiw.
Dude, I've been looking for a psychic! Is your specialty astrology, tarot cards, or something else? Let me know when you offer a free special, only b/c I'm not sure you're worth paying, but I'm trying to figure out what lottery numbers I need to play. You seem to "KNOW" the future, so you sound like my man!

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
I used to think Virginia would be a stretch for us to win but after watching their loss to Pitt, I think our chances are pretty good, and really good if we contain Perkins.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
The simple answer is CPJ went for it on 4th to end the half was to SCORE. We get the ball to start the second half. 14 point swing in our favor and they quit. He went for the throat. I’ll take a killer instinct coach who wants to win and believes in his team any day.

Take the easy 3, and then score a TD to start the 2nd. That’s 10 points. That would’ve done it.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
Btw, defense 2 straight turnovers to close out the game. Remember last year when we KNEW late in the game that the other team was going to march down the field, and the offense had to score with less than 45 seconds left or they screwed up?
Heck, I was in the stands at UNC 4 years ago when we scored (Smelter reverse for a long run) with 2 minutes left and all the GT fans were saying “Crap, we scored too soon”, and sure enough UNC drove down and scored to win. Toy made me feel this defense is getting better by the game.

Deleted member 2897

Nice, but doesn’t help. Shows a continued arrogance that is hurting us against, at best, average teams.

I hate to say this, but I think a huge reason, maybe as much as anything, that ugag ( to this point) has only lost 3 games in the last 2 years is they don’t make these mistakes. From the coaches to the players.

You sir fail, for making a compliment about the dwags, even if it technically accurate. My Mom always said, if you don’t have anything bad to say about the dwags, then keep it to yourself.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer

I guess having consecutive top-five recruiting classes has nothing to do with it.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer

This is all true but with one huge caveat. In the back of Coach Johnson's mind is always the thought that we live on the edge almost all the time. Seldom do we have an 86 yard touchdown catch and run to make life easier. We are constantly death marching opponents to limit their possessions and use up clock. We simply cannot afford to let opponents steal possessions via turnovers or loss of downs. I know it is his fault for not recruiting better on defense, for not having better special teams and not having wide outs that can beat one on one coverage but that is the hand he has to deal with and let me tell you it ain't a full house. Have you kicked your dog today? Try it and you will feel better.