GT v Tarholes Post Game

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Another thing I will point out... 450 or so rushing yards today, and we have to remember that Kirvonte Benson, perhaps the best runner on the team is still not playing. That is pretty amazing. He has explosive plays that Mason and Howard aren't capable of.
Huh? He has the ability to drag guys and extra 5 yards those guys might not have, but those guys have the ability to cut back better to create yards he might not get. Mason is averaging more yards per touch by a yard or so compared to Benson last year. Mason is an exspolive runner and so is Howard but it’s differnt from how Benson is. They are all good at what they do.

Milwaukee

Banned
We won. Thats all I got to say.

What else is on your mind? Are you not happy with the coaching? I'm not asking this to be a douche, I'm genuinely interested in your thoughts. I personally think a coaching change is a lot closer than people think, probably end of this year. PJ botched the fg attempt early and it could've beat him. Every coaching card/cheat sheet says kick that fg, and he didn't. It happens more often than we know.

But I had a blast watching the guys play, and I thought PJ called a great game (minus not throwing the ball, especially to WIDE OPEN ABACKS streaking up the seams) but he led us to a big W.

The more success we have makes me even more pissed about the SoFla, Pitt, and Duke games. Paul isn't gonna be here much longer, you heard it here first.

I absolutely love Paul fwiw.

Last edited:

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Huh? He has the ability to drag guys and extra 5 yards those guys might not have, but those guys have the ability to cut back better to create yards he might not get. Mason is averaging more yards per touch by a yard or so compared to Benson last year. Mason is an exspolive runner and so is Howard but it’s differnt from how Benson is. They are all good at what they do.
And to think Mills was better than all three.

Milwaukee

Banned
I saw today what CPJ means when he says whether we are good enough to overcome our own mistakes. Against teams like UNC we obviously can have these mistakes and win, unfortunately we don't play anyone as bad as UNC for the remainder of the season. Hopefully we've taken our medicine to get over this fumblitis bug that's plagued us all season long. And if that is the case we have a really good shot at winning out and making this season a pretty good one. In the spirit of positivity, I'm going to say we won't lose another fumble the rest of the season. And we'll also finish with a high turnover margin in our favor over these last 4 games(y)

Like giving away 3 pts. I saw what he meant as well

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
We got our butts whipped on the offensive line today. I think all the praise form last week went to our guys heads. The defense is just not good enough. They made some plays but damn if we don't give up every third down that is important. I am glad we won and for once the football Gods smiled on us just as we were about to totally crap the bed. This team has so much potential but just does not seem capable of sustaining anything more than a week. We better come to play next week, if we play like this, a very average Miami team will embarrass us at home.

Go Jackets!

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
It's ok to think let this after being season ticket holder since 1981 I still piss myself off, sitting there and thinking how we are going to lose while others can enjoy the game.
Well, if you were watching in 1981 like I was then it is reasonable to expect subconscious flashbacks that make you think we will manage to lose games in any number of ways. UNC has a freshman running back who was the player of the year in Florida as a senor in high school and was a 5 star recruit. Nobody manages to squander talent quite like the Tar Heels.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
We got our butts whipped on the offensive line today. I think all the praise form last week went to our guys heads. The defense is just not good enough. They made some plays but damn if we don't give up every third down that is important. I am glad we won and for once the football Gods smiled on us just as we were about to totally crap the bed. This team has so much potential but just does not seem capable of sustaining anything more than a week. We better come to play next week, if we play like this, a very average Miami team will embarrass us at home.

Go Jackets!

This has probably been addressed but were we missing any starters on the offensive line? I noticed one of the Morgan twins playing a good bit at guard it seemed like. But yes, the offensive line play was not as crisp but UNC had a lot to do with that but we still managed well over 450 yards rushing. Amazing for a line that seemed to struggle at times opening holes. I could not tell if UNC did anything special. They played the obligatory "Taco Bell" four man front with a middle line backer back off the ball. He did a good job on the quarterback sweeps.

A Love Supreme

Ramblin' Wreck
What else is on your mind? Are you not happy with the coaching? I'm not asking this to be a douche, I'm genuinely interested in your thoughts. I personally think a coaching change is a lot closer than people think, probably end of this year. PJ botched the fg attempt early and it could've beat him. Every coaching card/cheat sheet says kick that fg, and he didn't. It happens more often than we know.

But I had a blast watching the guys play, and I thought PJ called a great game (minus not throwing the ball, especially to WIDE OPEN ABACKS streaking up the seams) but he led us to a big W.

The more success we have makes me even more pissed about the SoFla, Pitt, and Duke games. Paul isn't gonna be here much longer, you heard it here first.

I absolutely love Paul fwiw.
A win is better than a loss. Yeah there were some things in this game that were not good but I'm not going to focus on that. I'm just happy we got the win and are one step closer to being bowl eligible. I'm going to cherish every ACC road game win we get because if I remember correctly, we didn't win any last year.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer

I’m trying to figure out what Kirvonte they been watching. Both those guys are doing just fine.