GT v Tarholes Post Game

Southpaw13

Helluva Engineer
Some good things to take away from today... we blew a solid 2nd half lead, but we didn't fold. We got 2 picks and found a way to seal the deal. TO is CLEARLY a better fit for this offense than TQM, and it was good to see Johnson stick with Oliver. Will be interesting to see if he continues to give Marshall a series or two and turns it over, or at what point we just call it what it is, that TO is the guy.

Grateful for TQM's hard wok and investment into the program, but it's time to move forward. With the majority of the OL returning, with maybe moving Mason to AB next year to get him on the field with Benson, I have confidence the offense can keep moving forward and be dangerous this year and next. If we can get to 7-5, I tihnk there's no question Johnson returns next year. If we go 6-6, I think the bowl game would be relevant to what we do next. But... there's a little life and positivity again in the program. I don't want to put it all on TQM, one player does not win/lose games... but there's a clear difference in the eye test with TO running the offense.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I can't tell a lie ( unless it's to my wife) I thought we blew it at 28-28 Glad we won.

yes dear I want to go shopping ( I'll be back got to hide the next hour)
Me too. I expected a long drive where we wouldn't even get the ball back. Even when we did score I expected UNC to go down, score, and decide to go for 2 to win. We've been through too much last year.

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
I'll take any win on the road in the ACC. Nice finish after fumbling the lead away. Thankful their QB was horrible. I like Oliver too, but...he did fumble in the 4th quarter and I worry that if we get behind he won't be able to throw it, but we will see. Another nice game for the O-line and blocking receivers. I feel bad that they haven't even had a pass thrown their way in three games!

Great plays by Swilling Carpenter and ASA! 3 INTs! Oh, and nice field goal by Wells to close it out!

Go Jackets!

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
I saw today what CPJ means when he says whether we are good enough to overcome our own mistakes. Against teams like UNC we obviously can have these mistakes and win, unfortunately we don't play anyone as bad as UNC for the remainder of the season. Hopefully we've taken our medicine to get over this fumblitis bug that's plagued us all season long. And if that is the case we have a really good shot at winning out and making this season a pretty good one. In the spirit of positivity, I'm going to say we won't lose another fumble the rest of the season. And we'll also finish with a high turnover margin in our favor over these last 4 games(y)

slugboy

Staff member
. If we can get to 7-5, I tihnk there's no question Johnson returns next year. If we go 6-6, I think the bowl game would be relevant to what we do next.

Getting that sixth win is going to be hard, and a seventh even harder. I think we can do it, but I think the team would deserve a ton of credit for becoming bowl eligible after the rough start.
I’ll be very impressed with six wins at this point. We should already have them, but after early mistakes we have to claw for whatever we can get.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk