GT signing day update ...

GTRock

Jolly Good Fellow
Kirby Smart on Finebaum live:

"We're a top 15 public university in the entire nation and we're very proud of our degrees"

"The Super Bowl being held in Atlanta helped us altogether, with us having the most players in the Super Bowl between the 2 teams and IT WAS IN ATLANTA WHICH IS OUR HOME BASE, it was a tremendous week for us"

He's trying to throw shade at the new staff?
Firing back... gonna to be a lot more of that in the coming years

slugboy

Staff member

"We're a top 15 public university in the entire nation and we're very proud of our degrees"

"The Super Bowl being held in Atlanta helped us altogether, with us having the most players in the Super Bowl between the 2 teams and IT WAS IN ATLANTA WHICH IS OUR HOME BASE, it was a tremendous week for us"

The US News list has been seriously gamed: https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/rankings/national-universities/top-public
We're #8 (which makes sense to me), and I love my home state, but how UGA comes in at #13 ahead of Texas, Ohio State, Illinois, and Wisconsin/Madison on the US News list escapes me. If you go by academic reputation, well just SMH.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned

Our negative recruiting vs mutts should be “You don’t really want to play in a artsy cow town where the cops just try to lock you up for four years do ya?”

Cops have better things to do in ATL than chase football players around all the time. And there are a ton more things for you to do in ATL also.

GTfan4Life

Jolly Good Fellow

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Amazing. In two months I have seen a transformation that I thought not possible. 404 and Waffle House had no connection to Ga Tech prior to a young man coming home. Now we are a hat trick double winner on signing day! Can we MARKET (y) Can we RECRUIT(y) Can we COACH;)
Add Can we DEVELOP, Can we GRADUATE, Can we MAXIMIZE POTENTIAL and Can we KEEP OUR NOSES CLEAN to the list. ;)

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
ESPN sadly didn't think much of Geoff Collins first recruiting class at Georgia Tech and gave it a grade of C. I think this was a very good recruiting class and it showed how good Geoff Collins and his coaching staff are at recruiting.

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...-signing-day-grades-every-power-5-program#ACC
247 average rating of gt classes.
07 .87
08 .82
09 .85
10 .85
11 .83
12 .85
13 .83
14 .84
15 .85
16 .83
17 .84
18 .85
19 .85+
We finished strong w one .89+ recruit and a couple .85+ recruits that have high potential.
For us it's a definite improvement but next year we need to have no reaches (.82) more high 3 stars and 5 4 stars to get a .87 class.
Still it's not how you start it's how fast you get better. A 3 star w potential that works hard is a the heart of our program

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
247 average rating of gt classes.
07 .87
08 .82
09 .85
10 .85
11 .83
12 .85
13 .83
14 .84
15 .85
16 .83
17 .84
18 .85
19 .85+
We finished strong w one .89+ recruit and a couple .85+ recruits that have high potential.
For us it's a definite improvement but next year we need to have no reaches (.82) more high 3 stars and 5 4 stars to get a .87 class.
Still it's not how you start it's how fast you get better. A 3 star w potential that works hard is a the heart of our program
Wow,thanks for that info!

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer

Unfortunately Uga has claimed Atlanta as its home base for at least the last 40 years. When they chose Atlanta for the site of the SEC championship it just further cemented the narrative. Even fast food franchises started by Tech alumni are often referred to as dog turf. I could go on but this has stuck in my craw a long time. I hope the new regime gives a 1000% effort to re establishing Atlanta as OUR HOME TURF.

gtstinger776

Ramblin' Wreck
Our negative recruiting vs mutts should be “You don’t really want to play in a artsy cow town where the cops just try to lock you up for four years do ya?”

Cops have better things to do in ATL than chase football players around all the time. And there are a ton more things for you to do in ATL also.
Kirby’s academic pitch is remarkably silly given that uga is dead last in the sec in apr scores. Yes, the sec, the dumbest conference in the country. Kirby couldn’t care less about academics or whether his players graduate.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
The US News list has been seriously gamed: https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/rankings/national-universities/top-public
We're #8 (which makes sense to me), and I love my home state, but how UGA comes in at #13 ahead of Texas, Ohio State, Illinois, and Wisconsin/Madison on the US News list escapes me. If you go by academic reputation, well just SMH.
When I was at Emory there was a discussion about the metrics used for these rankings and whether or not it is worth it to do the political lobbying to raise your ranking. Emory decided it was not worth it and it isn't necessary if you are a good school attracting top students from around the country.

But, no. No way Uga is better than those other schools. A friend of mine teaches there and both my wife and I have done work for them. It is not a class organization.